learn more

Timeline: Obama Admin Took 16 Hours to Disavow Embassy Apology

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

What do the two have in common? Nothing. Or do you think Bush should have pulled a magic number out of a hat?

With that said I think the response to Katrina was indeed too slow. It simply has no bearing on this discussion. The response should have been very quick by Obama. There was NO response until after Romney rightfully lambasted him.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
And so they blame ______ and then GOD.
reply to post by RELDDIR

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

To be candid, this whole thing is stupid. The movie is a blatant propaganda piece that was designed to inflame the Islamic community. That's it. It's basically the troll of the year, in internet terms.

And it worked, and they're pissed off, and in their society the producer would have been murdered by now, but here in the US that producer is afforded their freedom of speech.

What's Obama supposed to say, "We're going to go hang the producer" or "If you don't stop attacking our embassy, we're going to nuke half the world." The first one is against the law, and y'all would complain about Obama violating someone's constituational rights, whereas the second is kind of what the right-wing wants, but most of the sane world (those that don't want to see WW3 happen) is saying "no freaking way". Either way, no matter what Obama says on the matter - PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SAY IT WAS THE WRONG THING TO SAY.

Again - to drive the point home - this whole movie/embassy situation is ****ing retarded. Diplomats, and US citizens at risk in countries with a large population of fundamental Islamic followers, should just be taken out of the country until this calms down. The producer should be brought up on some kind of charge (i'm sure that 1 of the 14,000 laws would cover the following actions) due to the dubious way that the film was casted/filmed/changed to fuel tensions, resulting in the embassy attacks.

But still, the fact that people are calling Obama out on delaying his response for 16 hours over the deaths of a handful of people, but are quick to forget about Bush not reacting for 4 days when thousands of US citizens died in a natural disaster, really drives the point home about what is important to these people. It has nothing to do with seeing their country actually be successful and everything to do with using any means necessary to make sure "their team" wins the once every 4 years supervotebowl.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Remember back in 2008 when Obama and Hillary were fighting it out?
There was a commercial about Obama getting a phone call at 3AM.
And then he had to call HILLARY to find out what to do.
This has just played out in front of us.
The attacks in Libya and Egypt are BIG BIG BIG.
Obama flubbed the entire thing. Hillary got it right.
And for that matter, so did Romney.
His statement about Obama was opportunistic .. but what he said was true.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Here are some timelines.

How accurate are they?

Here is a partial timeline of events. All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST), 6 hours earlier than Cairo time.

5:50AM - Cairo Embassy publishes a statement on its website which rejects those who "abuse" free speech. This is a reference to an anti-Islam film, portions of which have been broadcast on TV in Arabic. The entire speech is tweeted out line by line on the Embassy account.

1:42PM - The Associated Press tweets word of an attack on the Cairo Embassy. The US flag is pulled down and replaced with a black Islamic flag.

5:28PM - Cairo Embassy tweets out three defensive comments, the last of which doubles down on the initial statement. It reads "3) Sorry, but neither breaches of our compound or angry messages will dissuade us from defending freedom of speech AND criticizing bigotry." To this point there has been no comment, tweet, or statement defending free speech, only the statement/tweet criticizing those who abuse it.

7:00-7:20PM - The Embassy puts out another tweet tripling down on their initial statement. "This morning's condemnation (issued before the protests began) still stands. As does our condemnation of unjustified breach of the Embassy." This tweet is later deleted.

8:06PM - AP reports an attack on the US Embassy in Benghazi, Libya has resulted in one death and one injury.

10:09PM - The Romney camp sends out a brief statement which reads, "I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It's disgraceful that the Obama Administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks." The statement is embargoed until midnight.

10:10PM - Politico reports an unnamed Obama administration official is disavowing the statement posted on the US Embassy website, claiming it was unauthorized. No explanation is offered why the embassy was still pushing it as of 7PM.

~10:25PM - The Romney camp sends out another email ending the embargo on its statement.

10:38-10:56PM - On the State Dept. Twitter feed, Hillary condemns the attack in Libya and confirms the death of an unnamed "officer" in Libya. One of the final tweets of the night reads "#SecClinton on the attack in #Libya: Let me be clear -- there is never any justification for violent acts of this kind." However, two other tweets mixed in with her reaction to Libya reaffirm a commitment to religious tolerance and denouncing "any intentional effort to denigrate the beliefs of others."

11:40PM-11:50PM - The Cairo Embassy deletes six tweets, including the one about "abuse" of free speech, one about hurting Muslims feelings, and the one tripling down on the initial statement (7:00PM). They do not delete two unobjectionable tweets which were at the heart of the morning press release. The latter of these echoes Hillary's statement about religious tolerance. The Embassy has effectively scrubbed the offending statements while retaining a portion which the Secretary has embraced.

The article has other confirming links.

A timeline of yesterday's events shows that it took the Obama administration 16 hours to disavow a statement posted on the US Embassy in Cairo website. It appears that the administration's failure to correct the embassy and the doubling down by embassy staff 13 hours after the statement was published prompted Mitt Romney's curt comments about the administration's response.

You have just proved that not only Romney but Brietbart and yourself have no idea whatever when it comes to Diplomacy and Foreign Relations.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Remember back in 2008 when Obama and Hillary were fighting it out?
There was a commercial about Obama getting a phone call at 3AM.
And then he had to call HILLARY to find out what to do.
This has just played out in front of us.
The attacks in Libya and Egypt are BIG BIG BIG.
Obama flubbed the entire thing. Hillary got it right.
And for that matter, so did Romney.
His statement about Obama was opportunistic .. but what he said was true.

How soon they forget.

I bet Hillary remembers

I wonder who will get that dreaded 3am phone call ?

Satire of the famous Hillary campaign ad........

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
All this hoopla in the ME isn't about this silly video for criminy sakes,.

Anyone can go to you-tube and find worse.

Let me ask again, how is it all these Muslims over seas found out about this video

NO ONE ELSE HAD EVER HEARD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 123030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: god help me
edit on 123030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Let me ask again, how is it all these Muslims over seas found out about this video

The film is being used as the bait. It's a classic diversion.

Obviously, the attacks the other day and the current "demonstrations" were well orchestrated in advance.

The "theme" was / is the 9-11 anniversary.

These guys are very clever.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Why did it backfire? Because the media conspired to make it appear as though it did? He was right. Where is the media coverage of Obama saying Egypt is not an ally? Where's that question being asked?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

It backfired because his own party dissed him...plus democrats.

Obama being asked if Egypt is an ally is all over the place. I saw it 3 times on diff news channels last evening.
edit on 14-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

And what does Obama himself have to say about the topic? What was his response? Regardless of media flak Romney is completely right. The fact that tweets were deleted after Romney's comment is proof he is correct.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

This isn't a street fight, where we get up in Libyas face and go, "LAUNCH ANOTHER ATTACK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, IMMA KILL YOU, DO IT, I DARE YOU DO ITTTTTTTTTTTT". There is a thing called diplomacy. While the "religious tolerance" comments may seem "weak", they make sense. Just take the macho American mask off for a minute and think about it.

Obama;

. The fact that tweets were deleted after Romney's comment is proof he is correct.

Not really, it was getting bad press. The PR team then took it down. That's how it works.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

There was a message in there that could have been perfect, one to bring our two societies closer. Rather than condemn free speach, condemn the message. Affirm the right to say it, while distancing yourself from what is said. Let them see a tolerant society can allow for dissenting opinions without imploding. That is what could have been said. Unfortunately it never was.

Why were the tweets deleted if they were the way to go? Again I ask, what is Obama's response to reporters. Don't bother, only Romney has the leadership quality to actually answer questions, Obama hides. You can keep defending Obama on his Egypt is not an ally gaffe, because you're so clearly independent.
edit on 14-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There was a message in there that could have been perfect, one to bring our two societies closer.

Yeah, the statements from Hillary and Obama said such.

Romney has the leadership quality to actually answer questions, Obama hides.

Are you kidding me? All Romney does is talk around questions and stumble on half his words. He really sucks....definitely not a natural leader.

Mitt Romney Doesn't Answer Immigration Question 4 TIMES!

lol@ this answer

StumbleStumbleDodge question

You can keep defending Obama on his Egypt is not an ally gaffe, because you're so clearly independent.

I had no clue it was supposed to be a gaffe. Egypt is is not a reliable ally. We do not have a sock puppet dictator to boss around. Have fun trusting radical Islamists...congress only stopped sending Egypt aid for months .....Great relationship.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The film is being used as the bait. It's a classic diversion.

Obviously, the attacks the other day and the current "demonstrations" were well orchestrated in advance.

The "theme" was / is the 9-11 anniversary.

These guys are very clever.

How long will the Muslim Brotherhood keep this going?

Where is the funding coming from? Who is in charge?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I completely agree, and I almost forgot about it taking 4 days for Bush, but anyhow, Obama is not acting on his own, he has a team and also has the State Department, jumping out there on things like this are just plain irresponsible there were so many different facts and theories , now imagine Romney if he does become president he has proven to be almost as careless as Biden about saying the wrong things at the wrong time and worse, Romney is way to quick to make comments when he does not have all of the facts, sort of like half doing your homework and turning it just say you did it, the comments that are coming from the Romney Ryan camp today are disgusting and actually makes them look very desperate for any headline or press, instead of finding more constructive ways to criticize.

It is so very easy to sit back, Monday morning quarterback and criticize when none of it falls on your shoulders, but even worse when you don't have your facts straight and the information coming in is harder to vett and you either look like a fool or have to continously revise what statement you may have initially made.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Good Post

I think all the "responses" from the current administration are grade school level at best.

Everything this administration has done is "grade school level". The frat house mentality of the DHS, the Secret Service patronizing hookers in Columbia, Sebelius stumping for Obama, (illegal, but the white house won't do anything about it), "beer summits", bear hugs in restaurants, refusing to attend security briefings and on and on and on. It's like the Presidency was given to an angry 6th grader and all of his grade school friends. This president has taken the institution to a low that I never thought I'd see. I do not have one ounce of respect for Obama or any of his useless minions.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Are you freaking serious with more of this nonsense?! C'mon mitt....enough is enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger

reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Good Post

I think all the "responses" from the current administration are grade school level at best.

Everything this administration has done is "grade school level". The frat house mentality of the DHS, the Secret Service patronizing hookers in Columbia, Sebelius stumping for Obama, (illegal, but the white house won't do anything about it), "beer summits", bear hugs in restaurants, refusing to attend security briefings and on and on and on. It's like the Presidency was given to an angry 6th grader and all of his grade school friends. This president has taken the institution to a low that I never thought I'd see. I do not have one ounce of respect for Obama or any of his useless minions.

The academics do not know how to succeed in the real world.

Apologizing for America, appeasing our enemies and abandoning our allies has

our embassies burning in 2012.

The Obama middle east foreign policies are in ruin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join