It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Sam Bacile” Agent Provocateur: “Anti-Muslim” Filmmaker is Imposter - A FF Theory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
“Sam Bacile” Agent Provocateur: “Anti-Muslim” Filmmaker is an Imposter - A FF Theory

The attack on the embassy is not what it seems. It is not a simple, organic protest based on a little-known anti-Muslim film by someone named Sam Bacile.

By now most of you will have heard that "Sam Bacile" does not exist. He claimed to be a California Real Estate developer. He claimed to be an Israeli Jew. But records do not indicate any such person ever existed, not in California nor in Israel.

"Sam Bacile" claimed "100 Jews" financed the $5 million-dollar movie.

Information is coming out that Sam Bacile, may in fact be a militant Coptic Christian from Egypt. The financiers of the film come from Turkey, Syria, Pakistan and Egypt, according to one of the film's consultants (Sam Klein). One of the film's promoters is Maurice Sadek, a conservative Coptic living in California (and alleged to be "Sam Bacile")

In addition, according to CNN, the attack on the embassy was pre-planned, and highly coordinated, involving RPG's.

See:

Identity of mystery anti-Muslim filmmaker possibly revealed

A man who claimed he’s the creator of an anti-Muslim film that’s sparked violent protests in Libya and Egypt may not be who he says he is.

The mysterious “Sam Bacile” supposedly spoke to The Associated Press, The Wall Street Journal and The Times of Israel, claiming to be a California real estate developer and an Israeli Jew who raised $5 million for the film from 100 other nameless Jewish donors.

However, since those stories were published, several cracks in that description have emerged, and now reporters are wondering whether he even exists at all.

Who Is Sam Bacile? Mystery of Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Link to Libya Embassy Riots Deepens

In a report for The Atlantic, Jeffrey Goldberg spoke to a militant Christian from Riverside, Calif., named Steve Klein, who says he had a consulting role on the film. He cast doubt on Bacile's story.

"I don't know that much about him," Klein said. "I met him, I spoke to him for an hour. He's not Israeli, no. I can tell you this for sure, the state of Israel is not involved, Terry Jones (the Koran-burning radical Christian pastor) is not involved. His name is a pseudonym. All these Middle Eastern folks I work with have pseudonyms. I doubt he's Jewish. I would suspect this is a disinformation campaign."

Jones is tied to the project in that, as a radical pastor, he has begun actively promoting the film, promising to host screenings at his Florida church. He has gained infamy for holding Koran burnings, which caused riots in Afghanistan, and also has hanged President Obama in effigy.

Klein added that he believed that the people funding the project were not Israeli, but from Syria, Turkey, Pakistan and Egypt. He added that they probably were Coptic Egyptians and Evangelicals.

(note: Copts are spread throughout the Middle East due to the Coptic Diaspora.)

Film Consultant Sam Klein:

Muhammad- Film Consultant: 'Sam Bacile' Is Not Israeli, and Not a Real Name

Klein told me that Bacile, the producer of the film, is not Israeli, and most likely not Jewish, as has been reported, and that the name is, in fact, a pseudonym. He said he did not know "Bacile"'s real name.

Foreign policy reporter Laura Rozen also noted that Steve Klein, cited by the AP as a consultant on the film, said in 2007 that he had ties to the Coptic Christian community in Egypt, an often persecuted minority group. “And there were some hints that Bacile may be a pseudonym, possibly for someone affiliated with the Egyptian Coptic diaspora,” she wrote.

The attack was pre-planned:

Pro-al Qaeda group seen behind deadly Benghazi attack

That analysis is supported by U.S. sources who say the attack on the consulate is believed to have been pre-planned. The sources say the attackers used the protest as a diversion to launch the attack, although the sources could not say if the attackers instigated the protest or merely took advantage of it.

Other factors to consider:

"Sam Bacile" leaked information of the film and it's release to the Egyptian media so the whole thing could come to a head on September 11. Looking at this analytically, it would not be difficult for a Coptic Egyptian to masquerade as a Muslim or "radical Islamist". "Sam Bacile" further stoked the flames of hatred between Jews and Muslims by claiming he is an Israeli Jew and an American, and that "100 Jews" funded the movie.

It seems the goal was to make a blatantly offensive movie insulting Islam, and pose as an American and Israeli Jew so the blame would be cast onto them, and stoke the flames of hatred between Jews/Americans on one side and Islam on the other. Coordinate the film's release to September 11, then use the inevitable protests to launch a deadly attack on both Egyptian and Libyan American embassies to escalate tensions.

Who would win in such a situation? Not Israel, not America, and most certainly not the newly-installed Islamic governments in Egypt and Libya. The ones who might come out ahead - militant Coptics - who have opposed the Islamic factions in Egypt for many decades (there's no love lost between Copts and Jews either). The agent provocateurs sought to cast blame on Jews in an ugly way - "100 Jews paid me $5 million bucks to ridicule and attack Islam", while further laying the blame for the attacks on AQ and/or "militant Islam", all the while, a third party basks in the aftermath that benefits them most.

It might be an interesting exercise to see what hidden meaning may be in the name "Bacile", or the reference to "100 Jews". Do these relate to the Diaspora in any way?

ETA: Steve Klein is shifting his story all over the map at the time of this post - so it's hard to pin down just what he is saying regarding "Sam Bacile". In one comment he seemed to lay it on Maurice Sadek, but others are starting to think Bacile may in fact be Klein himself.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
source - new york times

LOS ANGELES — The film that set off violence across North Africa was made in obscurity somewhere in the sprawl of Southern California, and promoted by a network of right-wing Christians with a history of animosity directed toward Muslims. When a 14-minute trailer of it — all that may actually exist — was posted on YouTube in June, it was barely noticed. Related Libya Attack Brings Challenges for U.S. (September 13, 2012) The Lede Blog: Latest Updates on Rage Over Anti-Islam Film (September 12, 2012) For Veteran Envoy, Return to Libya Was Full of Hope (September 13, 2012) A Challenger’s Criticism Is Furiously Returned (September 13, 2012) Afghan Leader Condemns Anti-Islam Film (September 13, 2012) Russians Say Anti-U.S. Attack in Libya Vindicates Their Position (September 13, 2012) American Muslim Leaders Condemn Attacks (September 13, 2012) World Twitter Logo. Connect With Us on Twitter Follow @nytimesworld for international breaking news and headlines. Twitter List: Reporters and Editors But when the video, with its almost comically amateurish production values, was translated into Arabic and reposted twice on YouTube in the days before Sept. 11, and promoted by leaders of the Coptic diaspora in the United States, it drew nearly one million views and set off bloody demonstrations. The history of the film — who financed it; how it was made; and perhaps most important, how it was translated into Arabic and posted on YouTube to Muslim viewers — was shrouded Wednesday in tales of a secret Hollywood screening; a director who may or may not exist, and used a false name if he did; and actors who appeared, thanks to computer technology, to be traipsing through Middle Eastern cities. One of its main producers, Steve Klein, a Vietnam veteran whose son was severely wounded in Iraq, is notorious across California for his involvement with anti-Muslim actions, from the courts to schoolyards to a weekly show broadcast on Christian radio in the Middle East. Yet as much of the world was denouncing the violence that had spread across the Middle East, Mr. Klein — an insurance salesman in Hemet, Calif., a small town two hours east of here — proclaimed the video a success at portraying what he has long argued was the infamy of the Muslim world, even as he chuckled at the film’s amateur production values.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Good catch.

Gonna start digging the data mine.

"Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is." - Winston Churchill

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
DailyKOs is using the term "Stochastic Terrorism" to describe this --

Stochastic Terrorism: Triggering the shooters.

Stochastic terrorism is the use of mass communications to stir up random lone wolves to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable.

The person who actually plants the bomb or assassinates the public official is not the stochastic terrorist, they are the "missile" set in motion by the stochastic terrorist. The stochastic terrorist is the person who uses mass media as their means of setting those "missiles" in motion.

Here's the mechanism spelled out concisely:

The stochastic terrorist is the person who uses mass media to broadcast memes that incite unstable people to commit violent acts.

One or more unstable people responds to the incitement by becoming a lone wolf and committing a violent act. While their action may have been statistically predictable (e.g. "given the provocation, someone will probably do such-and-such"), the specific person and the specific act are not predictable (yet).

The stochastic terrorist then has plausible deniability: "Oh, it was just a lone nut, nobody could have predicted he would do that, and I'm not responsible for what people in my audience do."

That might be the case here, the film and it's alleged makers, were just "Stochastic Terrorists" hoping to incite some form of violent reaction, but that doesn't quite jibe with the intelligence thinking the attacks were pre-planned, and too-well coordinated with the inflammatory media blitz in Egypt. These "Stochastic Terrorists" may have been more involved with a "planned response" designed to be blamed on others.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Considering the propaganda machine is now linking attacks on the embassies to 9/11, I really would not be surprised if this film was part of a disinfo campaign. A bit strange, however, considering how poorly made the film is. Special effects aside, the quality of the audio suggests whoever was in charge of dubbing the film has little or no knowledge of sound recording. One of the principle things that any audio engineer will learn is to capture Room Noise and to record all corresponding dialogue in the same room, with the same microphone. Whoever was in charge of sound on this project has absolutely no idea what he or she is doing judging from how badly they butchered the voice overs and audio recordings.

Also, judging from the costumes and the awful acting, it almost suggests that the film was made on a budget well below 5 million dollars. Anyone with access to theater props, stock footage, and a green screen could reproduce that god forsaken film, and probably do a better job.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

That might be the case here, the film and it's alleged makers, were just "Stochastic Terrorists" hoping to incite some form of violent reaction, but that doesn't quite jibe with the intelligence thinking the attacks were pre-planned, and too-well coordinated with the inflammatory media blitz in Egypt. These "Stochastic Terrorists" may have been more involved with a "planned response" designed to be blamed on others.

The previews have been out since July.

Stochastic Terrorism = stirring the pot, in the simplest terms.

“Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.” - Aristotle

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Production values alone in this film were all the proof you needed this was not the work of a "filmmaker". I too found it dubious the film was made for any other reason than to incite rioting in the Muslim world. We should also ask why it was released just prior to 9/11, when tensions are usually at their highest in the Mideast. I think the movie was intentionally designed to piggy-back on the usual 9/11 tensions, with the hope it could nudge things over to mob-violence.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Story on Gawker about actress in film. She says she was lied to about everything. We may finally have an actual conspiracy!

If the goal of this film was to make Islam out to be an ugly religion it sure was a success. All the rioters made sure of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Dear Blackmarketeer,

We have disagreed publicly in the past, so even if it is off-topic and a minimal post, I want to publicly say that you have done a really good piece of work here. New, significant, information presented in balanced manner. Well done.

Now I see the Blackmarketeer who can be a powerful force here.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

True, it succeeded in making Islam look foolish in the movie, and violent in it's reaction. I don't blame all Muslims, just those involved in the rioting. Every religion has them.

I also agree with the op argument that the movie also had another goal, to cause the backlash to the movie to be directed at Jews and Americans, as why else would the fake movie maker announce he was a wealthy Jew, a citizen of America and Israel, and had 100 Jews paying him millions of dollars to fund the movie? The only reason to do that is to plant disinfo so the backlash is directed at Jewish and American targets. I think the next step would be to determine if the movie's makers had connections to Egyptians involved in the rioting, to see if they were truly coordinated.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There is no way in hell that the piece of crap they call a "film" cost 5 million $. If this dude was paid that much he has 4.9$ hidden somewhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I was thinking about this, and perhaps the majority of the 5 million raised went into marketing throughout the Middle East to make sure the film got into the hands of violent Islamists. Giving them more the reason to rebel, adding fuel to the fire in the hopes that the impending conflict would be fast tracked.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
An interesting read,OP s&f! Stochastic Terrorism is an interesting theory.Who would gain from this? Israel and a small network of fanatical Coptic Christians and the Military-Industrial-Security Complex.There is more to this then meets the eye.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
NPR just did a piece explaining that the person may be Nakoula Basseley Nakoula... .. looks like the MSM can find a conspiracy when they really are interested..

www.npr.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I was just looking into Nakoula Basseley Nakoula.

CBS has it now too
edit on 13-9-2012 by thesungod because: just... dang I'm bad at spelling tonight

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
An interesting read,OP s&f! Stochastic Terrorism is an interesting theory.Who would gain from this? Israel and a small network of fanatical Coptic Christians and the Military-Industrial-Security Complex.There is more to this then meets the eye.
thats a good point,i didnt think about the money. i believe this is a psy-op, to further raise the tensions in the middle east and the even the western countries in order to justify the continuing destruction , rape and plundering of the planet and its natural resources to further the "elites" disgusting lust for the power of life and death.. how ever, I find the thought of any one committing violence in the name of peace complete @#@ holes. and any one who stands up under tyranny and hate to profess their love and sympathy to those who commit the violence uplifting. this was in reply to patrickgarrow post on the 5 million being for p.r.
edit on 9/13/2012 by IsawWHATtheyDID because: still learning to post

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So this Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is one of the agent provocateurs and maybe the director but other then making this piece of propaganda who put up the money for this?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

reply to post by thesungod

That's good to know - here's some context from NPR regarding Nakoula Basseley Nakoula:

Update at 7:27 p.m. ET. Calif. Coptic Christian Confirms Role:

Using the cellphone number they talked to "Sam Bacile," The Associated Press tracked down a man named Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, who lived at the address that aligned with cellphone records.

Nakoula denied that he directed the film but admitted that he was the manager for the production company. He also told the AP that he was a Coptic Christian.

The AP notes that Nakoula has a criminal record: He pleaded no contest in 2010 to federal bank fraud charges and served 21 months in federal prison.

"Nakoula denied he had posed as Bacile. During a conversation outside his home, he offered his driver's license to show his identity but kept his thumb over his middle name, Basseley. Records checks by the AP subsequently found the name 'Basseley' and other connections to the Bacile persona.

"The AP located Bacile after obtaining his cell phone number from Morris Sadek, a conservative Coptic Christian in the U.S. who had promoted the anti-Muslim film in recent days on his website. Egypt's Christian Coptic population has long decried what they describe as a history of discrimination and occasional violence from the country's Arab majority."

That "history of discrimination and occasional violence from the country's Arab majority" appears to be the main motivation behind the film, and to incite violence between America/Israel and Arab Muslims. Just reading between the lines, this Steve Klein seems to have played a much bigger role in backing the movie.

The real question however, is did the Copts in Egypt pre-plan any attacks on the embassies, in coordination with the movie's release? Were those truly the work of Al-Qeada, a joint effort between Copts/AQ, or did the Copts fake that as well? I don't doubt the protests were real, in response to the film, but it only takes an agent provocateur or two to escalate things.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
'Sam Bacile, Israeli Jew,' May Actually Be Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, Coptic Christian
(theatlantic.com)

So, if this is true, then a group of Christians, or at least one Christian, eager to slander Muslims have endangered Jews. How so? The story that "Sam Bacile" is an Israeli Jew, with "100 Jewish donors," has spread across the Middle East. It is not possible to withdraw such a story. The onus for violence is on the people who commit violence, of course. But if true, this fiction that the anti-Muhammad movie was a Jewish production is cowardly and despicable. Alas, "Sam Bacile" could not have spread the apparent fiction that Jews were behind this film without the help of the Associated Press and The Wall Street Journal, which both reported, without independently checking, "Sam Bacile"s claim to be Israeli.

Anti-islamic film search leads to coptic Christian in California

His outing solidified growing evidence that members of Egypt's Coptic diaspora, who complain of persecution by Egypt's Muslim majority, were behind the making and promotion of the video.

Morris Sadek, one of the movies promoters, is also a conservative Coptic Christian living in the US, and Steve Klein has "worked with Coptics over the years" according to Jim Horn, a "fellow activist".

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula previous aliases include Nicola Bacily, Erwin Salameh and others.

Two things are apparent - he slandered Jews possibly inciting violence against them, and he is now inviting serious repercussions against Coptics in Egypt.

Either these morons provided the perfect distraction for a Jihad group to launch an attack against US embassies, OR there is a more sinister connection between the movie and the attacks.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I don't see the big players (CIA, Mossad) Iin this particular operation as it is too unsophisticated and clunky...too many loose ends.

Unless the 'Bacile' et al are patsies for a planned provocation in advance of the US election and action against Iran. That makes sense, and there's your story.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join