It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light vs Dark, Yin-Yang, Duality, etc. (A conclusion to all my other threads on Light /Dark)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Light and Dark is more metaphorical for me
Each of our stances will differ as our definitions differ

Darkness is measured by the absence of light as Coldness is measured by the absence of heat
Not the other way around ... So based on that(my) definition light has to be the defining factor, everything is on a scale of more or less light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As far as darkness being Nothing, I don't see that as possible ...
There is No thing that is nothing ...
I think conceptually we think of nothing as NO thing but in actuality it is simply the absence of SOME particular thing
Space isnt NO thing its just the absence of things in specific "DARK" area(space)
As soon as there is a definition for something.. Even if what we are defining as NOTHING ... it becomes Something because nothing can never be defined without becoming something
~Circular? perhaps
~

Everything and anything definable becomes something simply by it becoming defined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not thinking in terms of Good/Evil either

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm not sure if I did that correctly, but "Life is Wonderful" by Jason Mraz is my absolute favorite song of all time because it is about the principal of duality. Jason references duality in many of his lyrics. I got the chance to meet him and he told me that when he writes, he basically channels. Duality is also referenced often in Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch, which was channeled as well. I think they are on to something. As above, so below.

<< 1   >>

join