It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light vs Dark, Yin-Yang, Duality, etc. (A conclusion to all my other threads on Light /Dark)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ok, I kept talking about "Light" versus "Dark", which one came "first", which one is "superior", is there truly a need for "balance" - all of that.

It seems like Darkness (Space/Emptiness/Potential) came first, the darkness where the light can shine, the potential before the manifestation... the space where the "spirit" or "body" can move... The stillness where movement begins...

Anyway, the "origin" is not important, what is more important is making an observation of what is - and the fact is - darkness (space/emptiness) and light (spirit/matter) exists. It doesn't matter which may be superior or first - the fact is - they are equal in terms of EXISTENCE.

So EXISTENCE is superior because,
it includes ALL (space and matter, light and space, potential and form)

EXISTENCE is everything whether it is the potential (darkness/space) or the form (light/matter)...

If we look only from the perspective of Light - we would see all things as unity - one and we would value compassion (care) because of it - that would give life a purpose from this perspective.

If we look only from the perspective of Darkness - everything is actually nothing, because all things arise from space and will return to it. Whatever happens is OK, so we can learn to detach, there would be no purpose of life - but there will be a sense of "freedom" knowing that it is all nothing anyway...

Looking from the perspective of Existence, all things just exist. If all things just exists, that means that we just exist - if we just exist that means that we are free to give purpose to our own lives. If all things just "exist" then instead of labeling things as "good" or "bad" or "light" or "dark" or "pleasure" or "pain" we can just see all things as they actually are - EXISTENCE. There is no bias or judgment - it all just exists.

If you truly understood this, then eventually another thought will follow...

Everything is perfect exactly as it is... how is this so? Because everything just exists. Since everything just exists, there is no true purpose - therefore is no goal - so you can never "win" nor can you ever "fail". In other words, there is no such thing as a "mistake" - everything just happens - so all is perfect - no matter what it is that is happening (existing)...

So here are the associations:

Light - Unity, Compassion (therefore life purpose)
Darkness - Freedom, Potential
Existence - All just exists, so there is no goal/purpose (nor mistakes), all is perfect.

You can choose to be "one" or the "other". You can choose to live in duality feeling like "both" needs to be "balanced" - or you can just see from existence perspective knowing that everything just exists and there is no need for division. Since all just exists, there is no purpose - although you can have your own personal intentions to make your own purpose. Since there is no purpose - there is no goal, without goals you can not "win" or "lose" without "mistakes" everything is perfect.

So whether you are aware that all is perfect or not, it doesn't matter. Even if you believe in Light or Darkness or Imperfection - that is a perfect belief system for you in the moment.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Without consciousness nothingness would be equivalent to a state where everything exists. Now my question to you is why did you not mention consciousness? The relativity of existence is only due to consciousness. S&F interesting thread.

edit on 12-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You don't really mean conclusion do you? You can't mean that. You have only been tangling with this very big big question for a short while now and to have arrived at a conclusion already might severely limit any ability on your part to explore it farther.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You're still in the dark I see. This is the conclusion you say? Well...fade to black.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk
reply to post by arpgme

Without consciousness nothingness would be equivalent to a state where everything exists. Now my question to you is why did you not mention consciousness? The relativity of existence is only due to consciousness. S&F interesting thread.

edit on 12-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

Existence includes consciousness, therefore it was already mentioned.

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by arpgme

You don't really mean conclusion do you? You can't mean that. You have only been tangling with this very big big question for a short while now and to have arrived at a conclusion already might severely limit any ability on your part to explore it farther.

Why would the perspective of "light" and "dark" or "duality" be a very "BIG" question? I guess what is important is just a matter of perspective (your own intention will dictate what is important for you).

This light vs dark thing is distracting from the connectedness of both - which is existence. Whether you see these two as opposing or "needing balance" the fact is that these two are already connected through EXISTENCE - so existence is the root and perspective to be looking from to transcend this duality perspective...

Originally posted by The GUT
You're still in the dark I see. This is the conclusion you say? Well...fade to black.

How so?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If ones position/perception of light and dark is that they are the internal parts of a dichotomy of existence, than yes.

However
Darkness is defined by the degree of the absence of light.. so light is the prerequisite.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHigherYou

Actually, I would say the opposite. Since space (darkness) is the lack of light, that means that it was first since light is what is "FILLING" that space (darkness).

Scientists already prove that light comes from the void (Space). I think they call it the casmir effect.

This can be debated, much of the world is worshiping light...

This is why I chose to keep it simple and stay to existence which both darkness (space)/light (matter) is.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You're dark
I'm light
So we'll just settle it by our birth dates?

But if they're the same then you're existence theory wins!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Exactly, this is like regular humans arguing about which "race" or "society" is older, they are all different aspects of the human race.

The light and dark are both a part of existence. I agree with you there.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Very well written and spoken, I say to you Chela...

Namaste ॐ

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Actually, I would say the opposite. Since space (darkness) is the lack of light, that means that it was first since light is what is "FILLING" that space (darkness).

Scientists already prove that light comes from the void (Space). I think they call it the casmir effect.

This can be debated, much of the world is worshiping light...

This is why I chose to keep it simple and stay to existence which both darkness (space)/light (matter) is.

In short. The casimir effect is the what happens when two metal plates with no mass in a vacuum are forced together because of the infinite number of waves outside the plates is larger than the infinite number between the plates (due to the fact that between the plates only an infinite number of wavelengths in increments of half a wavelength can occur the minimum being 1/2 wavelength, then 1 then 1 1/2 infinite number of divisions.) were as outside the infinite number of waves is unlimited. The pressure of infinity outside the two plates is thus larger than infinity between the plates and they are pushed together.

This article speaks of an experiment with mirrors that seemingly produced light out of empty space
www.nature.com...

However it seems when browsing over the article that it rather proves space not to be empty. Light is produced by 'fleeting particles' that are termed virtual because they are so short lived. By moving a mirror through space at virtual light speed those fleeting (virtual ) particles are converted into real photon particles by the energy that movement produces. I would have to read further and deeper to get the real implications but that is the short of it.

On a side note if we are to consider the yin/yang quality of light and 'in light' of the above article what can be said is light is both yin and yang. Visible and not visible I.e light is the complete symbol and visible versus not visible is the two sides of that coin. Neither was first and light can be considered from one or the other view or from both at once. Since light is a non charged particle it is it's own anti particle and as such fits well within the yin/yang symbolism.

Just my thoughts

edit on 13/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

I equate the light to Mind
And the dark to Matter

As your post mentioned the darkness is still light, just not active light.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That's a strange idea to have, considering the fact that space is made up of mostly dark matter/energy, while we can even prove that physical matter is made of light.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHigherYou
reply to post by IAmD1

I equate the light to Mind
And the dark to Matter

As your post mentioned the darkness is still light, just not active light.

Darkness is not light, there is a major difference between darkness and electromagnetic radiation emitted light. Unless you two are speaking of light and darkness on some sort of spiritual or philosophical level, darkness is not light.
edit on 13-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That's a strange idea to have, considering the fact that space is made up of mostly dark matter/energy, while we can even prove that physical matter is made of light.

Dark matter (is very physical in theory), matter which does not emit or absorb any detectible amounts of light and electromagnetic radiation.(Ie we can not see it with our telescopes , light matter matter that does reflect or emit light radiation that are detectible, ie seen by our telescopes. Light being radiation at certain wavelengths that we are able to detect. It is a hypothetical sub atomic particle, not empty energy. it is dark because we have yet to detect it.

Light is a photon (behaves as both wave and particle) and is what is emitted when an exited electron releases some of it's energy. The color of that light (wave length) is determined by the amount of energy the electron releases.

The mentioned experiment an experiment that proves that some of what we can not see (in space) contains light emitting particles and that light is turned visible by moving a mirror at near light speed to energize the particles so that we can see the light emitted when they release this energy.

Dark = obscured from vision
Light = visible by us or our measuring tools

Is what I take from that at the moment.

In theory all that could mean is that the light (radiation) emitted or absorbed is so weak in relation to all the other light around in space that we have a hard time seeing it. Like trying to see far away stars with the naked eye whilst standing directly under a street light.

Dark matter is one theory another deals with gravitational laws to explain the apparent discrepancy in the mass of the universe and what we are able to see (calculated as a mass).

There are many more theories for this discrepancy.

I simply see it as something ready to come to light (understanding)

I don't know enough particle physics to tell you what the case is but this is my understanding so far and I in no way claim to be certain of anything. In another thread as you know I deal with just this type of conversation and also describe how futile it is to pick one over another or to claim one gave rise to the other.

adding in my understanding at present. I do love this kind of topic however because it is interesting hearing how other people reason. There are always new things to learn. I prefer sharing thoughts to competing for the honor of being right. Every exchange has something to teach.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

No it isn't, without space, there can be no "things" (no movement - no place for "it" to be), but the SPACE (emptiness/darkness) can exist without the thing.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for people to understand this simple concept. Maybe because they were brought up to believe that the light is the best thing ever and they just believe it, or they were brainwashed to think that light means "good" and dark means "evil".

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

No it isn't, without space, there can be no "things" (no movement - no place for "it" to be), but the SPACE (emptiness/darkness) can exist without the thing.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for people to understand this simple concept. Maybe because they were brought up to believe that the light is the best thing ever and they just believe it, or they were brainwashed to think that light means "good" and dark means "evil".

Why don't you ask individuals what they believe and why they believe it, you might be surprised what gems you will find. Not everyone was forced into believing what they do. I wonder were you forced to believe the light was equal to good and have come to a different conclusion later on in life?

What I write mentions nothing about good and evil btw so I wonder how you come to that assumption based on what I write.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

Imagine emptiness, by what mechanism would you move through it? What would propell you or give you resistance to move at all?

In my view the simplest answer would be there is no empty space only ever smaller particles sitting by one another ultimately connected into one vast 'field' of everything. The appearance of space just an illusion that occurs due to the size difference. Just like the dark sky looks empty in places until you zoom in with a telescope to find stars and galaxies in what to the naked eye appears to be without visible form.

Just how my mind reasons

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Sure, with a telescope you can zoom in the SPACE to see the THING, but the SPACE is needed for the THING.

Even if you zoom in, you can see that it is SPACE that creates the particles and even LIGHT an be manifested from the SPACE (Darkness) scientifically and spiritually.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

Sure, with a telescope you can zoom in the SPACE to see the THING, but the SPACE is needed for the THING.

Even if you zoom in, you can see that it is SPACE that creates the particles and even LIGHT an be manifested from the SPACE (Darkness) scientifically and spiritually.

How can you see that it is space that creates the particle if space can not be seen. Wondering what you are looking at to come to that conclusions scientifically and spiritually. Please point me to space.

Zooming into look at something and blowing something up to see what it is made up of are different things..... your google earth zooms in on objects rather than the pixels creating the image of the objects. You image editor zooms in on the pixels that makes the appearance of an object.

loving this exchange thank you

It is time for bed good night for now

top topics

<<   2 >>

join