It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Have to be Kidding Me - Police Shoot Another Dog Dead - Wait Until You See the Dog

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SentientSentinel
reply to post by RobertF

Are wiling to risk life and limb for that statement?

What do mean?

See that is the problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I hope so since a civilian (in this case) did indeed shoot a dog. Lets hope the investigation brings some form of justice.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

reply to post by Malcher

So was it attacking a human?

You dont know if it was or if it wasnt. That is my whole point, wait for an investigation to be conducted.

Also, if a civilian shoots an animal (in this case a dog) because the dog was off the leash and he felt the dog was a threat and he was licensed to carry a firearm more often than not you will not get charged with a crime.

LINK

Yeah, let's wait for the police investigation of the incident.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103

reply to post by Malcher

You dont know if it was or if it wasnt. That is my whole point, wait for an investigation to be conducted.

Also, if a civilian shoots an animal (in this case a dog) because the dog was off the leash and he felt the dog was a threat and he was licensed to carry a firearm more often than not you will not get charged with a crime.

LINK

Yeah, let's wait for the police investigation of the incident.

Well i love dogs and have owned quite a few. However, i know what its like when they come after a person. One time my chihuahua ran from a few feet and knocked a grown man down a flight of stairs. He fell down backwards, the dog, a little chihuahua no higher than a foot off the ground jumped so high his paws hit the guys chest. I trained this dog myself
, made him run laps and every thing.

So i dont blame the animals. It is up to the owner and even still i was right there if my dog went after him again but i got a hold of him before that.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If you read the police report, the cop said he the dog went into the backyard and the cop followed but did not go through the "open gate" and that the dog was on the backyard deck.

Which means he could have closed the gate. No dead dog, no cop fearing for his life.

If he ain't lying then he lacks a lot of common sense.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

LINK

Walmsley said the officer asked if the was dog hers. She said "no," but told the officer Scout wasn't dangerous. She says the officer tried to catch the dog, who apparently didn't want to be caught. The dog tried to run away and when cornered by the officer, let out a little growl. Walmsley says she couldn't believe what happened next.

"I heard 'pop pop pop pop pop,' and I thought, 'what is going on,' and I [saw] the St. Louis Police Department standing over my dog," said Scout's owner. "He just started shooting him, he just kept shooting him in the head," said Walmsley. "I said, 'What are you doing? He's just a puppy!'"

The first qoute is what an independant witness says, it's not her dog, why would she lie?

This is the cop,

He said "come here pup" and then it turned into a vicious monster attacking him. That's not what the witness said, and the cop has a reason to lie. From the report it also becomes clear that the cop even knew to which residence the dog belonged.

How can you call something a pup one second, and fear for your life from it the next?

Unbelievable.

Poor officer, if the trauma of the vicious attack by the ferocious dismembering puppy dog wasn't enough to endure, afterwards there also was a man that was not nice to him, and a woman that called him names. Be sure to get that in the report.

edit on 13-9-2012 by SentientSentinel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I am always a bit weary of people who like animals more than humans. I love animals too but if i saw one attacking a human i would have shoot it.

I see.

Well i love dogs and have owned quite a few. However, i know what its like when they come after a person. One time my chihuahua ran from a few feet and knocked a grown man down a flight of stairs. He fell down backwards, the dog, a little chihuahua no higher than a foot off the ground jumped so high his paws hit the guys chest. I trained this dog myself , made him run laps and every thing.

So what did you do with the chihuahua after it knocked a guy down a flight of stairs potentially breaking his neck.

Did you shoot it? Maybe if the cop was there it would have taken him 2 clips to get 1 hit, since it is much smaller than the Golden Retriever puppy dog.

Anyways, seems like you are making this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SentientSentinel

That doesnt tell us much. I cant believe you guys are so quick to render judgement. That is one thing that amazes me about most of these threads.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I see an independant witness saying the dog only growled a bit, I see a pic of the dog and know that under no circumstance would I ever fear this dog, and I would rather get bitten by it than that I would kill it. I also know that cops are triggerhappy loose cannons.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I am always a bit weary of people who like animals more than humans. I love animals too but if i saw one attacking a human i would have shoot it.

I see.

Well i love dogs and have owned quite a few. However, i know what its like when they come after a person. One time my chihuahua ran from a few feet and knocked a grown man down a flight of stairs. He fell down backwards, the dog, a little chihuahua no higher than a foot off the ground jumped so high his paws hit the guys chest. I trained this dog myself , made him run laps and every thing.

So what did you do with the chihuahua after it knocked a guy down a flight of stairs potentially breaking his neck.

Did you shoot it? Maybe if the cop was there it would have taken him 2 clips to make get 1 hit, since it is much smaller than the Golden Retriever puppy dog.

Anyways, seems like you are making this stuff up.

I am not making anything up. This was a chihuahua that i owned from when he could fit in the palm of my hand. He was very protective and he did attack the guy. He ran from my door way to the foot of the stairs. But he jumped a good 3 to 4 feet off the ground. The guy lost balance and fell backwards down the stairs. The dog stood at the top of the stairs and had no fear. I just grabbed him. The guy was my neighbor and was a full grown almost 200 lbs.

This is what the dog looked like:

Only he was not a puppy. He is dead now. Died from natural causes.

ETA: To be honest. This dog was one mean mf'er. He had bulging muscles thoughout his chest and arms. I used to train him like an athlete. Very muscular and very protective. Thats the thing about dogs, they are loyal to a fault. But sometimes they make mistakes.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

link   

That doesnt tell us much. I cant believe you guys are so quick to render judgement. That is one thing that amazes me about most of these threads.

What do you mean that doesn't tell us much. It's a Police Report for christs sake. A witness report. legal documents used in court cases, and recognized as evidence in our legal system What more do you want. A freakin' time machine to go back and video the puppy being shot yourself....

Des

link   
a deplorable and, sadly, increasingly commonplace incident. also indefensible.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What do you mean that doesn't tell us much. It's a Police Report for christs sake. A witness report. legal documents used in court cases, and recognized as evidence in our legal system What more do you want. A freakin' time machine to go back and video the puppy being shot yourself....

Des

It is a police report but there needs to be an investigation. See the link i posted, if someone feels threatened by a dog they can legally protect themselves.

Here is one link about golden retriever attacking:

www.charlotteobserver.com... n-retriever-attacks-child.html

I dont think you have ever been attacked by a dog, it is no joke and if the get you in the right place they can kill you.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
that cop should not be carrying a gun, he will likley kill someone at some point in time if he remains on the force..a real hero

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I helped finance my way through college working for a Veterinarian for 3 years on weekends. Been bit more times than you have fingers and toes. But, I never killed any of those poor frightened animals. There are other ways to deal with frightened animals. Lashing out and killing them in a rage, is NOT one of them

That Cop has rage, and control issues. He needs therapy, before he kills a human being.

Des

edit on 13-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Malcher

I helped finance my way through college working for a Veterinarian for 3 years on weekends. Been bit more times than you have fingers and toes. But, I never killed any of those poor frightened animals. There are other ways to deal with frightened animals. Lashing out and killing them in a rage, is NOT one of them

That Cop has rage, and control issues. He needs therapy, before he kills a human being.

Des

edit on 13-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

A vet is a totally different situation. Those dogs are under control from the minute they enter the office, they can be restrained easily or shot with a sedative. Their owners are right there comforting them surely you would know this is a totally different situation. Someone who has been around dogs knows they can change at the drop of a dime. This is not only dogs but any animal.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

For someone who thinks they are so informed...the most dangerous is when an animal is brought to the Vets office. They are the most frightened there. They will snap at a person there, when they would not anywhere else. Self preservation fueled by fear kicks in. You should go volunteer at your local humane shelter for a couple of months. Get a real education.

Des

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

ROFL the chihuahua story, hahaha oh god my belly, hahaha can't stop laughing, that man must have been a hobbit or a midget, perhaps he had a poptart for breakfast instead of his normal wheaties! ( if only the man had a 12 guage loaded with deer slugs he would be ok now).

I know a guy that was climbing a tree and got stung by a bee, let go of the branch he was holding, fell and broke his hip..... time to unload as much lead as possible into every beehive I come across to make sure this assault on a person never happens again!!!! Most people think bees can only sting but they can break bones! (no sarcasm here)

Most animals, dogs especially, can tell if a person has ill intent, I bet the puppy did growl at the cop and had good reason to since he was likely being cornered by a thug lowlife and the pup could smell the evil oozing from the zombie creep.
edit on 13-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
the dog probably didn't like him or want to listen because he could sense the cops intention.

he's sick.. anyone that would shoot a dog 5 times in the head because it growled, is a coward. i wouldn't trust this man on the street protecting anyone. be careful if you walk by him while taking your dog for a walk!

oh also dogs usually growl when they're nervose. total sicko
edit on 13-9-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

This is horrifying! I have never been able to understand violence against defenseless animals - it makes me sick!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join