It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Dark Chocolate Raspberry Heaven Pie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So I have a huge thing for Dove Silky Smooth Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Swirl chocolates. Those things are straight up dangerous in my house. I will eat the entire bag!

I love dark chocolate and raspberries are my favorite fruit so when I saw these one day at the store I was in chocolate heaven. The only next best thing to put in chocolate is peanut butter.

Anyway I have been trying to get into baking in the dessert way. I bake breads and meals all the time but I was never really into baking pies, cakes or cookies. This is an easy pie, just don't forget to cook the pie crust! I did but it still tastes fine.
I will eventually venture into some French pastries that are a favorite of mine, just as soon as the supplies come in the mail!

Mblah's Dark Chocolate Raspberry heaven pie

Ingredients

9 in pie plate (glass)
10 pieces of Dove Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Swirl chocolates.
1 box of JELL-O Mousse "chocolate" (requires 1 cup milk)
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (can buy in the pie aisle)
3 tbs sugar
5 tbs butter
2 standard size packages of fresh Raspberries
Slivered or diced almonds or nut of choice.

Directions
First make the pie crust. Take 1 1/4 cup of crumbs and mix with the sugar. Melt butter in microwave for about 20 seconds. Then stir to melt the rest of the butter. Now mix the butter in with the crumbs/sugar and mix well. Next firmly press the graham cracker crumb mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.

Preheat oven to 325F and bake crust for about 5-7mins. Let cool for an hour in fridge after cooking before filling. You could use a pre-made pie crust if you don't want to make it yourself.

Now take the Dove Chocolate pieces and melt in a sauce pan on low (2-3) while constantly stirring. Once melted put in a smaller bowl.

Make pudding according to box. The directions say to mix for four minutes and this is one step you shouldn't skimp on. They even have it in big letters, must be important!
Once mixed set aside.

Now Take a cup of the raspberries and chop them into half pieces and mix in with the mousse. Blend mousse and raspberries with spoon.

Now take the pie crust out of fridge and use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate on the pie crust.

Next spread mousse in pie crust. Top with the rest of the raspberries (don't have to make a heart) and sprinkle pie with almonds. Lastly drizzle the rest of the melted dove chocolate on top of pie. Set back in fridge and let sit at least 2hrs before eating.

Serve with milk

edit on 9/12/2012 by mblahnikluver because: title change

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OMG that sounds/looks soooooooooo good!

Marry me.

EDIT: Have you tried Raspberry Chocovine? chocovine.com...
edit on 12-9-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

All right Mblah...there goes my waistline again....lol! This recipe reads to be a very satisfying treat.

One of these fall days....I will make this pie....and curl up in a plush roomy chair....with a slice of pie...and a cup of coffee; eating, drinking and reading a good book or watching a favorite old movie and be in absolute momentary bliss!

I thank you for this latest recipe of yours!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just the sound of the title made my mouth water! Looks great and sounds even better, not hard to make
Can't wait to try it, past the lips and straight for the hips! Run girl run!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You are so bad!
How about a cheesecake version?
That would be really bad!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh man, you're killing me! Chocolate and raspberry are some of my favorite combinations as well....But I'm doing a low-carb diet, so this would be the death knell to my weight loss goals.

HOWEVER....There will come a day when I have a chocolate jonesing that I'm going to have to satisfy, and this pie looks easy and delicious.

Thanks for the recipe, and for tempting the hell out of me this evening. Oh boy, I guess I'll have some plain lettuce and a glass of water.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Wow!!! Thay are seroius about wine and chocolate! Will be checking it out more for upcoming ideas!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
OMG that sounds/looks soooooooooo good!

Marry me.

EDIT: Have you tried Raspberry Chocovine? chocovine.com...
edit on 12-9-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

I have not heard of that and after googling it I"m so ordering it on Amazon if possible lol. I would so use that!

Tomorrow I am making a dark chocolate and raspberry cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. I love raspberries and chocolate together.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I hope you enjoy it when you do!

Sorry everyone for responding late. I was offline for a bit. I didn't get to respond to these as fast as I would have preferred. My power cord went on my Mac so I had to order a new one from Apple. At least it went after I posted my recipe and not during!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
You are so bad!
How about a cheesecake version?
That would be really bad!

Haha well wait til this weekend and I'll have the cheesecake version posted. I am making one tomorrow.

I am going to make a raspberry cheesecake with dark chocolate. I will top it with fresh raspberries and drizzle or shave some of the chocolate on top as a finish. It will have a graham cracker crust. I need to get a spring form pan after work tomorrow and I'm in business!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh,is your alien avatar drooling?

'Cause I am.

ETA : How about a dark chocolate graham crust?
edit on 18-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join