It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Monkey Discovered in Kenya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
First Lesula
Next Bigfoot?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don'r see how this monkey looks human.....unless you take into consideration the half lidded eyes and the slight grin on it's little hairy face.

All kidding aside, I'm really amazed at the number of "new" species "discovered" each year...especially the larger animals. There was a deer a couple of years ago, birds of course, but a "new" primate?? So I'm gonna have to ask The Stupid Questions:1) If scientists keep "finding" "new" species....how much do "we" really know about our planet? 2) if evolution is a fact then wouldn't you have to know ALL living species in order to track development?
3) If creationism is a fact, wouldn't you have to have cataloged ALL living species in order to track stablization?
4) If "we" keep discovering "new" species of animals, how can it be that scientists really have expertice on any given eco system? Such as: with the discovery of this new monkey, what impact does it have on it's eco system?

We all say "oh how wonderful!" or "how beautiful" when science unviels a "new" species of animal but we don't ask "Is it NEW or UNDISCOVERED? and with each answer please provide more information than a photo and a happy blurb relating the story of the discovery"

Jus' sayin"

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
thats awesome, thanks for posting this

i love the facial pic of him (?) too, if you popped a pair of specs on him he'd be a dead ringer for someone i know

and yoda bat is awesome too!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
can all the skeptics give me a hell yeah!!!

edit on 12-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

HELL YEA!

nicely put Doc

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This Monkey was actually discovered in the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2007.

Not Kenya as you say in the title!!

Just correcting you.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Looks like one of my friends ....
Cool find!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It kinda looks like a larger version of the pygmy Marmoset. Same type of fur structure and color. Interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nice to see a new species discovered, as distinct from another extinct one announced, for a change.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Awww what a cute little monkey!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And what of the first Lesula they found -- Georgette's pet. After he saw the pictures, Hart regularly sent a team to keep track of the young Lesula's progress. At some point Georgette let the monkey roam free.

"It seems someone captured it," says Hart, "it probably ended up in the cooking pot."

Well, that's kind of a downer to the story

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
An amazing find. Thanks op.

I think he looks a little like gene wilder tho!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Remember folks there ARE areas on this planet mankind has never been to, Foja Mountains, tons of new discoveries back in 2005.

But I'm sure there are more places untouched by humans.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
So I'm gonna have to ask The Stupid Questions:1) If scientists keep "finding" "new" species....how much do "we" really know about our planet? 2) if evolution is a fact then wouldn't you have to know ALL living species in order to track development?
3) If creationism is a fact, wouldn't you have to have cataloged ALL living species in order to track stablization?
4) If "we" keep discovering "new" species of animals, how can it be that scientists really have expertice on any given eco system? Such as: with the discovery of this new monkey, what impact does it have on it's eco system?

1) We know less than we want to believe.
2) Evolution is not fact, but you wouldn't need to know all animals to prove it. You would just need to have evolution in progress.
3) Species is the issue. Species is a classification we use today. Creationism is saying types, or kinds of animals don't change to other types. An example would be dogs. You can create new breeds of dogs, but you won't get a koala bear by breeding dogs.
4) It's more about becoming famous and making money than anything else.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That is so flipping cool!!
I told my son to come look at this new species of monkey-
He looked and said "creepy-it looks like a man!" lol! He's 7.
And yes he does look like a man.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join