It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apache helicopter flying low and slow over Houston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Good evening all.

Anyone know why there would be an Apache helicopter flying over my house a little while ago?

I ask somewhat tongue in cheek but I figured I'd see if anyone else here knew anything.

It was around 7:20 pm Cst, and my better half says it was carrying a combat load. He's been around and under a few so I trust him.

My roommate just verified too. Both are 10 plus military
Any ideas?

Oh I am in the Copperfield area if anyone is wondering.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by subbcindy

With what has happened yesterday in Egypt and Libya, I'd assume any and all Military personnel are on alert for National security reasons. Do you have any bases in your vicinity?

Des

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They're coming to get you!

...or it's a National Guard two-week summer camp and they're doing their hours to get their flight pay.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by subbcindy

I live up between Houston and Austin. They regularly fly from Fort Hood to Camp Swift. No stretch they'd fly from Swift or Hood to some base down around there.

Maybe Polk to Hood... etc.

US Army bases in TX

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is common. We have Ellington Field, and numerous airfields nearby. I see a military copter no less than once a month.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Conroe is about 40 miles north of here. Of course, the international airport is about that distance too..

I can understand the Apache being in the area, it's Houston, you see them time to time here. It's the low and slow flight, combined with the weapons that has me wondering. I usually see them a lot higher up and without the big guns.

According to the roommate the Apache was hovering over the park near here as he passed.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has replied, by the way. I don't believe that "they're coming to get me" or anything. It was just different than what I have seen before.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Fort Polk and Fort Hood do training exercises over Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana FREQUENTLY. Sometimes it's just one or two helicopters, sometimes entire squadrons.

Fort Polk is a flight training facility for Apache helicopter pilots. Personally know someone who is an instructor. He takes trainees over our area all the time. No biggee.

new topics

top topics

join