It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: For heart health, fish oil pills not the answer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Achos
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Don't call it "fish oil" call it "fake oil" because thats what it is..

It isn't fake, and furthermore it doesn't just come from Krill. The Omega 3 fatty acids are accumulated from what the fish eats. Krill is one source but so are some other prey fish as well as microalgae.

Let me guess, you are a krill oil salesman.....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I LITERALLY JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO, JUST bought my first bottle of fish oil.............................. UGH

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by Achos

Is krill oil easily available ? I've never heard of it ?

The milking parlors are very small.

Most people don't notice them.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Right near the baby oil factory !

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
They will get their 500 million if people continue to listen to modern medicine and modern 'dietary' 'professions' that are on 'boards' for high profit food companies like monsanto and their ilk.

Essentially. There is money to be made. And a population to decline. So trick the population into eating the worst possible thing for our bodies. Jack up the disease rates.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I LITERALLY JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO, JUST bought my first bottle of fish oil.............................. UGH

2 words.

Craigs List.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayTaylor
It seems like natural remedies get shot down more and more often in favor of patented medicines.

I've been taking fish oil daily for about a year now and have noticed huge positive changes in my health. I don't care what those 'studies' tell me, I'll continue taking it based off my own results.

That could very well be a placebo effect. Our minds are far more powerful than any of us understand. I've been taking a deep breath every morning right when I wake up every day for six months now and I can tell you from personal experience that it has made me healthier than anything else I have tried.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners
Here's a great vid that I found really informative on the very subject you're talking about. link It examins a lot of the techniques that are used in making these claims, misrepresentation of data, bending of statistics and sometimes outright deception (like throwing out any study that disagrees with your claim and then reporting that 100% of studies agree with you)

Nothing the Federally Sanctioned "Experts" don't do to keep their own taxpayer funding going.

I guess the point is to figure out what works best for you and deal with the fact that anyone else who is trying to influence you always has skin in the game, one way or another.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Just do what feels best for you.
Your body knows what it needs and it will tell you so.

I bet you're right that Big Pharma is not only pushing the announcement of this, but the study and the results as well.

Bulking up on any product WILL affect your health, one way or another, and so long as you don't feel it doing anything negative to you, I say keep going.

Bottom line is: The body NEEDS Omega 3, 6, and 9. If you're not getting an adequate supply of it from some part of your diet, then it is best to ether A) change your diet, or B) take supplements....or C) Both.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Is anyone else getting tired of having these major medical announcements come and go over time, only to find out that bulking up on one product or another will NOT change your health?

I can think of a half of a dozen times in the past 10 years when we hear things like this, only to find out later that, oh well, I guess we were wrong.

Here are a few:

Vitamin C
Red Wine
Eggs
And Even Beer

Frankly, I am beginning to wonder who to believe and who not to believe!

You can't argue that it is Big Pharma pushing this, as supplements like Omega 3 would decrease the use of statin type drugs in most cases, or we were lead to believe so.

So who is pushing this agenda? Health freaks?

I am back to eating eggs. Lots of eggs. Man has been eating eggs for as long as they have walked the earth.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Good for you. Don't forget to eat a big portion of bacon with those eggs and be sure to soak up all the melted bacon grease with a few pieces of toasted Wonder Bread. It would be a shame to let all that healthy grease go to waste. And for lunch, a couple of bacon cheeseburgers with a fifty portion of deep-fried french fries, and at dinner the whole formerly unhealthy world is your menu.

P.S. - I am a fan of eggs myself.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

so what Pharmaceutical product are they peddling in its stead??

The only reason to discredit natural type remedies or treatment is to peddle a man made one that has a patent, makes you dependent on it and it generates cash.

Its funny how they can prove how certain foods and destroy your health and the only way to improve health is by taking man made pills or treatments... which all cost $$ and make people $$$$$
edit on 14-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I think our best bet when it comes to diet is to ignore science completely. It has proven itself ill equipped to deal with this issue. Or at least it will be a long time before we understand the subject enough for science to produce practical recommendations.

Don't count your calories, don't avoid fats sugars etc... Instead pay attention to the traditional wisdom of various cultures. The wives tales, folk lore, and folk medicine continued over thousands of years. These beliefs have been sifted by natural selection for countless millenia. Only those systems which struck a balance beneficial to the people could have survived.

The chinese and indian examples are probably the best to follow. Whether or not the theory upon which their practices are based have any validity is a moot point. The fact is that these people are healthy, and that there cultures have been hugely successful at producing healthy people for a very long time.

Most of the other cultures with similar success have had their knowledge eradicated by forces in the "western" world.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Is anyone else getting tired of having these major medical announcements come and go over time, only to find out that bulking up on one product or another will NOT change your health?

I can think of a half of a dozen times in the past 10 years when we hear things like this, only to find out later that, oh well, I guess we were wrong.

Here are a few:

Vitamin C
Red Wine
Eggs
And Even Beer

Frankly, I am beginning to wonder who to believe and who not to believe!

You can't argue that it is Big Pharma pushing this, as supplements like Omega 3 would decrease the use of statin type drugs in most cases, or we were lead to believe so.

So who is pushing this agenda? Health freaks?

I am back to eating eggs. Lots of eggs. Man has been eating eggs for as long as they have walked the earth.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The whole egg study was so bogus. Two of the three priciples involved have ties to statin makers. I don't listen to any studies anymore. I just eat real food. Real food never hurt anyone. And by real food I mean grass fed beef, wild caught fish. Vegitables wiht no pesticides or genetic modifications. Berries. Ray milk. And eggs. ots and lots of eggs from a local farm. I'll bet I eat 2-3 dozen a week.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A lot of stuff we hear is bad is because it interferes with the medicines that are out there. The pharma companies release information for studies that will show that this or that food is bad for you. They eliminate a lot of side effects in people that way but the change in foods creates problems of it's own. Sometimes taking suppliments cause another problem they have a medicine to treat. Moderation is the best. Eat a fish, if you don't like fish then eat some fish oil pills. I like fish but still have codliver oil in the fridge.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It has always been a controversial topic. But personally, taking fish oil supplements has worked for me. My triglycerides have come down and remain within a healthy range. I also eat a healthy diet with more fiber, lots of fruit and vegetables. I exercise every day. In addition I take Blue Vera supplement which also contains resveratrol, an antioxidant that supports heart health. I’m doubt that the article from Fox News is the last word on fish oil supplements.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join