It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alternative to combustion engines.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
you know what would be awesome is if someone printed a working engine block out of the white powder you know how they put it in and build it completely intact and working except for the fuel part of course wonder if that would be enough weight difference im sure it would.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
something else that is a thought is if they could use the super-cooled magnet that you push and it continues on that path until you stop it. that has some very interesting characteristics iitself

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelstrieff
reply to post by dainoyfb

this is true and i understand your point but what i am thinking about is for an old car that can be modified from a stock engine and a machine shop and then if it can get it to work then can be improved and simplified thinking of trying it myself

Take it from someone who has built a number of electric conversions. It is difficult emough to build a practical electric vehicle using a proper, application specific electric motor. You're not the first by a long a shot to spend hundreds of sleepless hours trying to come up with cheap conversion designs. Many people are using surplus motors out of defunct electric fork lifts and modifying them extensively to acquire a bit more power in hopes that it will be sufficient. You may want to look in this direction. There are a few retailers selling purpose built electric motors for electric vehicles as well but most are still under powered or ridiculously expensive.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

something else that is a thought is if they could use the super-cooled magnet that you push and it continues on that path until you stop it. that has some very interesting characteristics iitself

This is in complete contradiction to your goal of providing an INEXPENSIVE conversion for old vehicles.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

yeah too many bullet holes in it now need to do more thinking on that particular subject now just throwing out ideas

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by michaelstrieff

12 years and you never looked into perpetual motion machines and why over unity doesn't work?
Welcome to ATS. It will be an eye opener for you.

Better -- you need to use the search engine on ATS...this topic has been discussed many times.

Magnets lose their polarity. And, the weight of the magnets is the problem. Why do you think the Volt is having problems selling? Too heavy, and too expensive to replace.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Correction: Perpetual motion IS possible, but its level of energy is so small it has no current application and uses.

Correction: At no point in my post did I state that perpetual motion was not possible.

Though, it is not possible.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There are some really good electric vehicle forums. Hanging out on them for a bit should give you a pretty good grasp on what is involved and what at this stage is working for people. There are thousands of people spending all of their spare time tinkering in their garages, coming up with great solutions for electric vehicle designs and many swap there ideas and advice on the forums.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Correction: Perpetual motion IS possible, but its level of energy is so small it has no current application and uses.

Correction: At no point in my post did I state that perpetual motion was not possible.

Though, it is not possible.

Nothing is impossible. But at this point, and possibly for ever, it ain't gonna happen, not in this context.
edit on 12-9-2012 by dainoyfb because: I typo'd.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by swan001

would an old school generator not put out enough voltage if stored up in a capacitor and ramped up??

Probably, sure, but your goal is to make a self-sustaining electrical motor, right? The output of the motor would be used to keep the said motor working. If you need a generator, well you'll need gas, etc, and we are trying to get rid of those...

Maybe multiply the output of the motor using a big transmission could provide more electricity, though.

A fine idea you got there, Michael.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Take it from someone who has built a number of electric conversions. It is difficult emough to build a practical electric vehicle using a proper, application specific electric motor.

I never succeeded in making just a stupid electric motor, I don't have magnetic wire. Any advice?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Take it from someone who has built a number of electric conversions. It is difficult emough to build a practical electric vehicle using a proper, application specific electric motor.

I never succeeded in making just a stupid electric motor, I don't have magnetic wire. Any advice?

There ya go.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

lol Yeah, I guess that I could do. But I was actually trying something in the line of the copper wire bobbin which spins on two paperclips. It's my favourite. It's more, er, physical, see. Its output rotation force could be harnessed better that way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join