Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I disagree with the "all death of all sorts is wrong" mentality, if only because evil and insanity exist.
Of course, was the US ambassador evil? Did Christopher Stevens really deserve to die?

From 1983-1985 he served in the peace corps teaching English to the natives in Morocco. That doesn't seem so bad, how many of us can say we have done the same and traveled to other countries to give aid?

Of course, Libya is not Morocco. A lot of conspiracies and theories surround US involvement in the country, and the American people can't decide if we went there to liberate the Libyan people or to economically and politically enslave them. Which is the truth?
I don't think we will truly know for some time yet.

So we can't really say what Christopher was doing in Libya. Was he responsible for dead babies and other evils, as some insinuate, or was he on a mission of peace and diplomacy?

Lastly, how can any of us hope to judge him when the operation he was involved in is shrouded in so much mystery?

Leave the Judging to whatever god may be in the afterlife. Condemning his life and saying he deserved to die only makes the holder of said opinion look like a hateful, violent, uneducated and overall angry person.
He was neither angel nor demon. He was man.
And what man can claim to have the right to judge another man? No one who's opinion holds any significant weight.

Good day to you all, peace, and remember---
ELVIS DIDN'T DO NO DRUGS!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by milominderbinder

What a disgusting thread based around assumptions not facts. I think some of you people on ATS need to take a break from the conspiracies and find some compassion.

This is what world leaders should do, take a break from their conspiring and find some compassion and do things right or admit they cant which in effect would take away their leadership position so Im only hoping for the improbable however not impossible.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jimmyx

Thank you jimmyx, I knew I would give you a star sooner or later.

hey...we're americans, i think democrats and republicans are like 2 brothers getting into fights all the time, but when someone comes and attacks our "family"...they better be careful of both of us.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
He got exactly what he deserves? I don't think so... The man wasn't calling the shots, we wen't into libya but I don't believe it was him that gave the orders to do so. im sure this man was just doing his job as he was instructed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

So were the NAZI guards at the various camps...'I'm not to blame, I was following orders' is a well used line...there comes a point when an individual has to follow their humanity, not their inhuman commanders.

Following orders is not a defence if the result of your actions is causing or participating in the cause of the deaths of many innocent people.

As another poster has already said, what the hell did he expect the pre-engineered uprising faithful in Libya were going to do to a man who had done what he did to them? Stand outside his window hurling harsh words at him?

The I in CIA stands for Intelligence doesn't it?

Bad news anyone in this sorry mess is dead, but i prefer to feel sorry for the innocent men, women and children on the ground who were slaughtered when the US and Co. engineered the regime change for their own political (and financial) purposes.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Republicans and Democrats are like gladiators, both fighting for the same lanista. They don't really hate each-other, it is simply how they have been trained. Neither have yet to realize the true foe is the lanista.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schnib
reply to post by jimmyx

Republicans and Democrats are like gladiators, both fighting for the same lanista. They don't really hate each-other, it is simply how they have been trained. Neither have yet to realize the true foe is the lanista.

Star for you sir or madam, I was going to use the analogy that they are like a person with split personality disorder with the two personalities knowing of each others existence but thinking they are somehow separate to give the illusion of individuality.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Sometimes I just sit in absolute awe and bewilderment at all the "shock and outrage" of my fellow American citizens.

The story below is trending on Yahoo right now with the tagline "Slain ambassador a 'hero' during revolution:
Chris Stevens once slipped into Libya on a cargo ship to help rebels overthrow Gadhafi."

So...basically our "diplomat" was more or less a CIA operative who illegally infiltrated a sovereign government specifically with the intent of assisting a militant overthrow of Libyan government...and we are now somehow all bent out of shape that somebody stamped his ticket for him?

Christ almighty...what did we really expect was going to happen? What we do in this country if the Chinese Ambassador started a civil war in order to make us their puppet state?

I will confess that I have not read all 8 pages of posts...started skimming after about the first four. However, I have read enough to have a pretty concrete understanding of your position on this man's murder. Oh...and the killing of the others who fell with him.

Some people somewhere made a (very poor quality) movie that has an actor in it who is playing Mohammed - which is a taboo thing for Muslims - and the film itself allegedly says uncomplimentary things about their Prophet. So, in response, "angry" zealots in multiple countries have taken to attacking American Embassies and Consulates, and in some cases killing people who are inside.

Somehow, in your mind, this religious outrage, leading to the Ambassador's death, means that he personally got what he deserved...because, I guess, he is American...and all Americans are evil and are to be held personally responsible for whatever things their Government has done over the years.

Now, you know that this man had absolutely nothing to do with the film in question...so you attempt to justify his killing by demonizing him for his work as an American diplomat, and his direct role (as an American civil servant) in the overthrow of the Libyan dictatorship...after Ghadaffi started shelling his own citizens (much as Assaud is currently doing in Syria).

You are obviously very vehemently opposed to U.S. foreign policy, and the (many) covert and military actions that America has undertaken to project these polices. And, you believe that anyone who has played any part in any of this would be getting what they deserve if an angry mob came along...dragged them outside...and shot them to death (or in some other manner dispatched them).

So, from this, I think I can safely conclude that...

1) You would support the execution or murder of any man or woman who serves, or has served, in the United States Military.
2) You would support the execution or murder of anyone who serves, or has served, in the United States Diplomatic Corps.
3) You would support the execution or murder of anyone who serves, or has served, in any branch of the United States Intelligence Services.
4) You would support the execution or murder of anyone who serves, or has served, in the United States Congress.
5) You would support the execution or murder of anyone who serves, or has served, as the President of the United States.
6) The same would be true of people involved in similar institutions in countries like Great Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy...and other nations...who have taken allied action with the United States, on various issues over the past 65 years or so.

...Because the violent deaths of any an all of these people would simply be them getting what they deserve.

You, I have to assume, also think that the average citizens who died on September 11, 2011 in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington DC also "got what they deserved" by virtue of their place of birth (or for the non-Americans who died, their places of employment).

From my perspective, your logic is disjointed, hateful and entirely unfounded.

Individual people do not deserve to lose their lives as a result of a group's anger over some action or event that has nothing to do with them personally. Not too long ago, as I recall, people were killed or injured in far-flung places...because some Pastor in the United States burned (or threatened to burn) the Koran.

Idiotic really...

I find your thread nothing more than a lot of Anti-American, posturing and blustering - with an extraordinarily violent edge to it.

Your armchair, keyboard, blood-lust is showing... If you really feel so strongly about this, then you maybe ought to just jump on over to Yemen, or Egypt, or Libya...or somewhere else...and start breaking windows, firing off your AK-47, or your rocket-propelled grenades. Just understand that the objects of your hatred just might fire back at you...and you might well get what you...um...never mind...

Or, alternatively, you might want to consider some anger management therapy, and some couch-time for your self-loathing issues as well (as an American yourself).
edit on 13-9-2012 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by stonedogdiary

Originally posted by yourmaker

Seriously? Did you really just say that?

Opinions are opinions and I understand that. But with that opinion I'm thinking maybe we should send an angry mob to your house to burn it down and fire rockets at you and your family. Is that okay with you?

Did he help overthrow a foreign government though?

His opinion isn't the same as him actually acting out on it on the behalf of our governments.

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that condones the actions of yesterday on innocent people. If he had previously been a part of a military operation he was following his countries orders which may or may not have been for the best. We aren't debating that. We're talking about how anybody could have the balls to say something like that when on the anniversary of one of the biggest disasters our country has ever faced, an angry mob burned part of our embassy, tore our flag and raised their own, and killed four people senselessly.

How can anyone in this country defend this angry mob? People like that should seriously leave the country, and I know that might sound childish. But I appreciate what freedom we have left here and even when I strongly disagree with what our country is doing sometimes, I still get tears in my eyes at times when I hear the national anthem and I still respect what my loved ones and friends and friends in the military have done and given for this country no matter what party was ruling at the time.

You mean like the angry mob that destroyed Afghanistan "looking for Osama"? That angry mob...?

or the one who damn near turned Iraq back into desert........?

ORR, the one who decided that Ghadaffi was incapable of playing by their rules, so they had him killed...?

Four people died senselessly.. This is true... But how many have we killed with the drones..?
And how many were killed when we bombarded Libya? Or did we have a tactic of only shooting at empty buildings..?

Nooo I recall the US being a part of killing some babies in Libya....
basically just quoted this because if anyone missed it they should read it. it's a hard truth but truth none the less.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I agree.
america should stop provoking the world.
the film was just one more thing to push them over the edge.
and now america winn go to War again.

armed drones flying over bombing any one
who looks like they may have a hiden wepon!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And you justify this......

If so, you aren’t any better than the BARBARIANS doing it. SICK!

This guy was a diplomat, not the CIA. I guess it would be ok than for some extremists to come to your home and kill you and your family? I mean really, you are American. Right?

edit on 13-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I agree.
america should stop provoking the world.
the film was just one more thing to push them over the edge.
and now america winn go to War again.

armed drones flying over bombing any one
who looks like they may have a hiden wepon!

Do you freaking think that KILLING someone over a movie about Mohammed is even remotely SANE?

The same goes for the OP and his appalling title that the ambassador "deserved" to die..regardless of his involvement and role. I am actually surprised this thread still exists and the OP is not perma-banned yet. Only on ATS I assume is it possible that people are so full of anger and hate for their government they star/flag a post where someone is stating that killing is "deserved".

If you (and anyone else) think that America is "provoking the world" (eg. with that movie) and suicide killings and rocket attacks are a just and deserved measure...then maybe it's time to get your head examined. You are as screwed up in the head as the most radical islamists/terrorists which ALSO justify their actions in the same way.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You should know by now as per how many posters are basically non-us citizens from other countries posting anti-US/West posts
There has been a dramatic increase of such postings over the last year or two.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

This guy was a diplomat, not the CIA. I guess it would ok than for some extremists to come to your home and kill you and your family? I mean really, you are American. Right?

edit on 13-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

He played the game, he took the risks and he knew the dangers, sucks for him.
Maybe its karma. Remember how they tortured Ghadaffi with knives in his butt before executing him?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Sometimes I just sit in absolute awe and bewilderment at all the "shock and outrage" of my fellow American citizens.

The story below is trending on Yahoo right now with the tagline "Slain ambassador a 'hero' during revolution:
Chris Stevens once slipped into Libya on a cargo ship to help rebels overthrow Gadhafi."

So...basically our "diplomat" was more or less a CIA operative who illegally infiltrated a sovereign government specifically with the intent of assisting a militant overthrow of Libyan government...and we are now somehow all bent out of shape that somebody stamped his ticket for him?

Christ almighty...what did we really expect was going to happen? What we do in this country if the Chinese Ambassador started a civil war in order to make us their puppet state?

Link: gma.yahoo.com...

I suppose that we deserved 9/11 as well?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Please dont get me banned for providing pictures of Babies body parts and asking if you justify that.

Its sick what has happened however its sicker that the media play this like he was more important than Hisham the Kabab shop owner that died in a drone bombing. All life has equal value and its priceless.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

Link: gma.yahoo.com...

I suppose that we deserved 9/11 as well?

Yes, if we are going to keep playing the blame game everybody deserves what they get then.

Diplomats deserve their death because of so and so just as much as as child being blown up deserves their death because of so and so.

This attitude just enables killing in the name of to continue and society is too infantile to recognize

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am celebrating anyone's death but I keep reading posts about people that are 'disgusted' with the celebration of someone's death.

If I remember correctly, those same people were the one's celebrating OBL's death...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

"Its sick what has happened however its sicker that the media play this like he was more important than Hisham the Kabab shop owner that died in a drone bombing. All life has equal value and its priceless"

One of the most important things said in this thread thus far.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Murder is never justified. We teach kids by books and by examples whether right or wrong and the civilized teach the uncivilized by these same tools. All of us should learn by good examples but when America has a Secretary of State sitting in comfort and gloating over another person's death then that is not a good example for the country. I will never forget Clinton sitting there and laughing at at another person being murdered. "We came, we saw, he's dead" Ha Ha Ha. That was your leader of this nation laughing at a man who was denied a trial and murdered by uncivilized people.

Your very president of America, which is the land of law, also gloats to this very day in the murders of other people such as Ben Laden. With out a hint of trial and he brags to the world that somehow he is the hero who is justified in committing murder himself. This example shows the uncivilized that these pretenders of law and order are nothing but hypocrites at the best. Both are wrong but the uncivilized at least are what they say they are. At least they walk their own walk and talk their own talk. That is more than this nation does.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Seriously? Did you really just say that?

Opinions are opinions and I understand that. But with that opinion I'm thinking maybe we should send an angry mob to your house to burn it down and fire rockets at you and your family. Is that okay with you?

Always BLAME AMERICA FIRST !!!

Then go from there.

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join