It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I completey agree with you. Unfortunately, people (in this case, Americans) simply aren't allowed to excersise critical thinking anymore, because doing so results in people being sooo "offended" that calls for threads to be shut down etc happen. 11 years later and just recently the 9/11 thread was shut down. (then re-opened thankfully) To this day people constantly use the "don't dis-respect the families" card just for trying to get the truth, like finding the real bad guys is the worst, most vile thing a person could EVER do.

We have been totally and completely conditioned to gasp and say "for heavens sake, stop it!" when real, legitimate points and questions are raised. There is a SERIOUS divide on all sides in the U.S. along with severe ignorance and an addiction to our media. I truly believe we are in big trouble as it stands.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

Originally posted by milominderbinder

OK...so...because it's totally standard operating procedure for us to start civil wars...that means that we should be totally shocked that people once in awhile take out those responsible??

I wasn't bashing the US...I personally think that any "diplomats" who play a significant role in starting civil wars or destabilizing entire regions probably also shouldn't be surprised if they upset folks once in awhile either...no matter what country they are from.

edit on 12-9-2012 by milominderbinder because: (no reason given)

Assumption based on the thread title, "Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves." I apologize if that wasn't your intent, but you have to admit it does seem like it.

Have you seen the average Libyan's response this?

What jihadists want you to believe about Libya

Oh...OF COURSE the average Libyan doesn't condone this sort of a thing.

I'm just saying that what goes around comes around and we shouldn't be so surprised that our "diplomats" get blown up when they sneak into countries illegally to start civil wars.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I completey agree with you. Unfortunately, people (in this case, Americans) simply aren't allowed to excersise critical thinking anymore, because doing so results in people being sooo "offended" that calls for threads to be shut down etc happen. 11 years later and just recently the 9/11 thread was shut down. (then re-opened thankfully) To this day people constantly use the "don't dis-respect the families" card just for trying to get the truth, like finding the real bad guys is the worst, most vile thing a person could EVER do.

We have been totally and completely conditioned to gasp and say "for heavens sake, stop it!" when real, legitimate points and questions are raised. There is a SERIOUS divide on all sides in the U.S. along with severe ignorance and an addiction to our media. I truly believe we are in big trouble as it stands.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Yeah...exactly.

We piss and moan endlessly about Goldman Sachs role in the economic collapse and mortgage debacle. We whine like little school-girls when they get our tax money to bail them out. ...and then we are just totally shocked that (allegedly) the people who REALLY got screwed by Goldman Sachs all of these years want to crash planes into their offices.

Christ people...wake up...when you aren't the strongest kid on the block any more you just can't keep stealing everyone's lunch money. If you do...you're going to get your ass kicked from time to time.

What's so hard to understand?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I wondered if it wasn't in revenge for destroying Libya and killing Gaddafi rather than some feigned outrage about a movie.

That would be my guess, seems he was practically turned over to them an assassination is what it was.

I wouldn't say anything like that about my worst enemy, can come back to haunt ya.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Time to log out for a long while. I am disgusted and ashamed at what I'm reading, and frankly disgusted with ATS for mods not stepping up. You people claim to stand for civility and deny ignorance? You got an active thread celebrating the death of a career ambassador and folks posting crap that is just mental masturbation, nothing factual or even trying to be factual. For Christ's sake, the tears on the faces of the man's children are not even dry.

Truly, truly vile and pathetic.

Tonight, humanity is regressing and ATS is choosing to celebrate its growing ignorance.

CAREER "AMBASSADORS" DON'T START CIVIL WARS. "DIPLOMACY" ISN'T FOMENTING A REBELLION.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I wouldn't say anything like that about my worst enemy, can come back to haunt ya.

That's a big part of the reason it's my policy to not help rebel factions in second and third world hell holes overthrow their governments and toss the region into chaos.

It's way better karma that way. A lot less rocket attacks.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Asktheanimals

??

Hey now! I never said nor agreed with that statement. That's the OP's, not mine.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

And no...Iran was not ever anybody's colony. Nor was Iraq, Iran, or Syria. They were a natural outgrowth of the basic observation that western-style secular governments simply work better...especially when dealing with a wide range of ethnic and religious diversity.

After the madness of the Crusades the Middle East began a long and slow trend towards religious tolerance...mostly stemming from the observation that religious warfare was basically the "Mutually Assured Destruction" of the day. In other words...it created a state of warfare in which nobody could ever really "win" unless they kill every single man, woman, and child of the competing religion or ethnicity.

All of the modern fundamentalist kookery in the Middle East STARTED when Israel did the unthinkable and declared that the new government of what was formerly Palestine was now going to a Jewish theocracy.

Middle Eastern Imperial History at a glance
Sassanid Empire
The Calphite
Great Seljuq
Then the Crusader and Saladin.
Then the Mongols and Turks-Ottoman
Then British Colonialism in the Middle East -> Info & Info 2.
Then the Kingdom of Iraq under British Administration
Then WW2 and Israel.

Great site for some brief history on the middle east... www.middleeastfellowship.org

And I'm only touching on the brief here.

ETA: And mostly about Iraq... I opened my eyes after coming back from OIF. It's when I started to learn instead of blindly listen.
edit on 12-9-2012 by thesungod because: see eta

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedogdiary

The US government just committed crimes against humanity in the invasion, bombing and the overthrew of a sovereign nation (yet again)...

And it would seem that it was all due to this nation (Libya) wanting to demand gold in exchange for oil exports AND the fact that they had a publicly owned/run central bank.

The same government which is committing unspeakable crimes abroad is now setting up a police state here at home.

Wake up from your patriotic slumber and take a look around you.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Please dont use common sense and rational thought when evaluating this event. It only angers and confuses the brain washed masses.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You wanna address this post then?

Besides I notice your Avatar is a pro Ron Paul one...

The US government just committed crimes against humanity in the invasion, bombing and the overthrew of a sovereign nation (yet again)...

Paul served as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force from 1963 to 1965 and then in the United States Air National Guard from 1965 to 1968.[12]

Source

What war was going on the 60s? Vitenam ring a bell anyone? Not take anything from the man's service, but he participated, so why do you support him?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

OK...so...because it's totally standard operating procedure for us to start civil wars...that means that we should be totally shocked that people once in awhile take out those responsible??

I wasn't bashing the US...I personally think that any "diplomats" who play a significant role in starting civil wars or destabilizing entire regions probably also shouldn't be surprised if they upset folks once in awhile either...no matter what country they are from.

edit on 12-9-2012 by milominderbinder because: (no reason given)

Assumption based on the thread title, "Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves." I apologize if that wasn't your intent, but you have to admit it does seem like it.

Have you seen the average Libyan's response this?

What jihadists want you to believe about Libya

Oh...OF COURSE the average Libyan doesn't condone this sort of a thing.

I'm just saying that what goes around comes around and we shouldn't be so surprised that our "diplomats" get blown up when they sneak into countries illegally to start civil wars.

He didnt start a civil war please you people cant be this dense.The war was started before Obama decided we eed to help. Libyans were begging the US for help.In fact if Britain Canada and France hadnt pressured Obama we wouldnt have helped them case in point Syria.Its not like the US said hey lets take out Qaddafi today im kinda bored and we need blow some money. Really i suggest you guys go look on this thing called the internet and maybe take the time to find out what happened and when.

Now since he was a US diplomat the minute Obama made the call that Qaddafi has to go of course hes going to help.He lived there he has friends there and by all accounts everyone liked him even ths president of libya issued a statement. Now this isnt the case with egypt and maybe you wonder why? Easy when the Egyptians had there civil war the US stood back and watched we didnt help them at all. So there instead of having protest rally's condemning the attacks like in Libya. We get two days of mobs burning US flags. Almost the same situation handled in 2 diffrent ways and guess what not getting involved has a far worse outcome. WAKE UP THE WORLD IS A DANGEROUS PLACE and you ignore it it will all ways get worse.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I mean- just to play devils advocate - those signs might as well just say "please don't bomb us" because that's what this picture is....a PR campaign

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Maybe it was this crooked admin who ordered his assassination. Who knows what was going on behind the scenes. It wouldn't be the first time this admin killed someone they didn't like.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonedogdiary

I have absolutely no respect for anyone that condones the actions of yesterday on innocent people. If he had previously been a part of a military operation he was following his countries orders which may or may not have been for the best. We aren't debating that. We're talking about how anybody could have the balls to say something like that when on the anniversary of one of the biggest disasters our country has ever faced, an angry mob burned part of our embassy, tore our flag and raised their own, and killed four people senselessly.

How can anyone in this country defend this angry mob? People like that should seriously leave the country, and I know that might sound childish. But I appreciate what freedom we have left here and even when I strongly disagree with what our country is doing sometimes, I still get tears in my eyes at times when I hear the national anthem and I still respect what my loved ones and friends and friends in the military have done and given for this country no matter what party was ruling at the time.

So, people in other countries are supposed to respect that date of September 11th and not attack US facilities on that day? But it is okay for the US to have drone attacks against first responders and funeral congregations, and to attack wedding parties. Makes sense.

BTW, no one is defending the mob, but only saying that is anyone surprised that the US representative in a country, whose government was recently overthrown with military support by the US, was killed. People like you evidently think the US can go and kill anyone anywhere it wants, but the nerve of these goll-durn furrenners killing Amurikens.

You say it was wrong/illegal/disrespectful for this mob to attack the US embassy, in some respects US territory, yet you have no problem that the US attack Libyan territory without provocation. Libya was involved in a civil war, and the US got involved. Would you have liked Britain or France to have gotten involved in the American Civil War? Possibly, if you were on the losing side that would have received the help, i.e. the Confederacy.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Walk up to the average American on the street and say that for me, please. Then send me a picture of your black eye. It's as close as i can get to my actual wish. It would be awesome, though, if tomorrow a pale dude with a musty smelling ATS shirt on, fresh from big boy talkin' in his mamma's basement walked up and said that to me...#comeonladyluckjustthisonce

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xGuitarPlayerx

Who was this too? The OP?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Do I think Chris Stevens and the others 'deserved' to die, NO!
What I do think is that the USA should try fixing their own country and stop thinking they know what's right for every other country.
If Russia or China pulled half the crap America does we would be in a world war by now.
Imagine if China decided, geez, those pesky South Koreans are a pain. Time to put a communist govt in place there. I'm sure that would go over well.
One of these days the USA is going to piss in the wrong sandbox, and then it will get really ugly. Especially when the same things start to happen on American soil. Perhaps then we'll see pictures of American citizens holding signs saying 'we don't support our government bombing your country'.
For 2012 the USA defence budget is $1.4 Trillion dollars, that's roughly $4475.00 from every man, woman and child in the country, just for the war machine. Gee I wonder why your economy is pooched.
My condolances to the families of those killed at the embassy.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Why don't you go to Lybia then and help those poor, poor, peacful lybians get their vicious regeme back..?

You obviousely don't belong in America with those sentiments..lol
edit on 9/13/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

The country is a LOT more violent now that Gaddafi is gone, I am not stating that it was a paradise under his rule, he was brutal but it is worse now, car bombings daily and pro Gaddafi supporters getting killed and thrown in mass graves and who is it thanks to? NATO and whatever BS reasons they gave for going to the country, the majority of Libyans did not want NATO there at all, there was protests against their interference. As I said it wasn't paradise before the intervention but do not imply that Libya is better off since the regime change, they screwed up that country royally by sticking their noses where they don't belong.
edit on 13/9/12 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join