Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves.

page: 3
71
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe we should engineer a virus to kill anyone who is involved in shady international affairs. That way, all we'll have left are people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Sure, it's possible that America is an immoral, over reaching, imperial, war machine.

It's also possible that the Islamic world is a danger to itself and everyone else.

And I'd prefer if ambassadors of all nations not get murdered.
edit on 9/12/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would tend to agree with you. This is pretty much how I feel about all of our invasions of other countries. We all know that black-ops were put in place to assist in the over-throw/assassination of Ghadaffi. If anybody doesn't believe that we had boots on the ground in that, they are naive.

All we get to hear is the homogenized, MSM version but the truth is, our government has blood all over its hands; probably more so than any government in modern history. Iran hasn't invaded another country in over a hundred years and the U.S. has invaded and assisted in the over-throw of plenty of governments around the world yet we are to believe that Iran is the aggressor? Based what evidence? The same with Syria, Egypt, etc. We are simply in no position to act shocked when something like this happens. We did it to ourselves thanks to our useless, power-hungry "leaders". I hope they all burn in hell.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by strafgod
He got exactly what he deserves? I don't think so... The man wasn't calling the shots, we wen't into libya but I don't believe it was him that gave the orders to do so. im sure this man was just doing his job as he was instructed.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



I find the title of this thread and the meaning within it....very disturbing; and I don't agree at all. I live in the NW and his sister is a Doctor here; she is in mourning; and she knows her brother did not deserve to die.

I am really appalled by the attitude of the OP. I would really like to know...where the caring and compassion are.


edit on 12-9-2012 by caladonea because: edit


I certainly feel bad for this guy's sister and the family he left behind. However...as much as I understand how his sister must feel only a blind fool could think that this guy wasn't practically BEGGING to be assassinated given his chosen occupation and the thousands and thousands of innocent people (and counting) which died in the crossfire of the little civil war he helped start.

Sorry...Chris Stevens got just exactly what he earned and deserved. However...my condolences do out to his family who presumably had no hand further destabilization in the Middle East.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Yeah, maybe we should engineer a virus to kill anyone who is involved in shady international affairs. That way, all we'll have left are people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Sure, it's possible that America is an immoral, over reaching, imperial, war machine.

It's also possible that the Islamic world is a danger to itself and everyone else.

And I'd prefer if ambassadors of all nations not get murdered.
edit on 9/12/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)


Sure...if the guy was really an "ambassador".

However, sneaking in a covert operative to work with rebels who then just so happens to be named the "ambassador" after civil war breaks out hardly qualifies as "diplomatic relations".

By the way...read up on your history of the Middle East. In the 1950's Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Afghanistan ALL had stable, western-style, secular, democratically-inspired, republican forms of government which WE TOPPLED ONE BY ONE...thus making the Middle East a very, very, dangerous place indeed.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedogdiary
 


Wow, wake up



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
This is a revolting OP and one not even factually based. The man started out as a Peace Corp volunteer and by all counts was a very good man. I'd think before someone relishes another's death he'd have the decency and morality to at least get his facts right. I am ashamed and ATS should be ashamed this thread has received flags.

Were you in front of me, you'd be knocked out on the ground.


So what? The guy spent 2 years in the Peace Corps almost 30 years ago...and then proceeded to dedicate his life to the most insidious kinds of economic warfare and ultimately gives his assistance to further destabilizing the Middle East by starting yet ANOTHER civil war...and he's still a good guy in your book? What are you...Catholic? Do anything you want to, so long as you say a few Hail Mary's and claim you "started out" as good boy scout it's all cool?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I vacilate between laughter and tears with this one......
Seeing all the USA chest thumping patriotic sentiments is hilarious!
OP you stepped into the honey pot .....S&F! Great discussion.....full of sound fury and passion, signifying....nothing....
Was the man a CIA asset? I have a great deal of suspicion you may be right......We cant say for sure, but i am sure that he must have worked very closely with them in his post.
Was he part of the US world domination machine? Indupitably......
Did he deserve this? None can really say......though i understand the sentiment.....and if all the dirty deep black operators would simply go home and stay home, the world would become a safer place for children ......
I dont hate the men...but i despise the war machine that twists their reason to do horrible acts.....
And the leaders who condone this...
The startling part here is this was NOT about Gadhafi, por the Libyan war........
It was about a MOVIE.........a stinking picture show....
Now, that needs further digging.....
I believe that movie has a CIA backer somewhere in the shadows.....
Or some other organisations black doings, to promote the backlash which they knew they were creating......
The movie, may be made deliberately to provoke and inflame all the musilim world if possible.......The goverment needs this to tighten security another few notches,(look for new laws) and create another wave of hate and fear between us .....
We are all being manipulated suckers.......



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The hate for America is deep in here. The guy was a diplomat not cia and had nothing to do with the movie which I don't think it was even about. 9/11 terrorist attack... I'm just glad Kadaffi wasn't still in power because Libya would be ruble by now.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Ambassadors have been doing stuff like this FOR A LONG TIME. Ages in fact.

Why Would Slain Ambassador Chris Stevens Go To Consulate To Evacuate Staff? No Phones In Libya?

As proven by this thread earlier.

ETA: Maybe you should all learn about Ambassadors & US Ambassadors

The amount of ignorance in this thread is REALLY high.
edit on 12-9-2012 by thesungod because: see eta


Really..."ambassadors" normally slip into countries illegally and provide support to rebel insurgencies in order to foment civil wars?

No wonder the U.N. doesn't work very well...huh?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think it's time to push that button.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I vacilate between laughter and tears with this one......
Seeing all the USA chest thumping patriotic sentiments is hilarious!
OP you stepped into the honey pot .....S&F! Great discussion.....full of sound fury and passion, signifying....nothing....
Was the man a CIA asset? I have a great deal of suspicion you may be right......We cant say for sure, but i am sure that he must have worked very closely with them in his post.
Was he part of the US world domination machine? Indupitably......
Did he deserve this? None can really say......though i understand the sentiment.....and if all the dirty deep black operators would simply go home and stay home, the world would become a safer place for children ......
I dont hate the men...but i despise the war machine that twists their reason to do horrible acts.....
And the leaders who condone this...
The startling part here is this was NOT about Gadhafi, por the Libyan war........
It was about a MOVIE.........a stinking picture show....
Now, that needs further digging.....
I believe that movie has a CIA backer somewhere in the shadows.....
Or some other organisations black doings, to promote the backlash which they knew they were creating......
The movie, may be made deliberately to provoke and inflame all the musilim world if possible.......The goverment needs this to tighten security another few notches,(look for new laws) and create another wave of hate and fear between us .....
We are all being manipulated suckers.......


You bring up a good point. We don't know for sure that Chris Stevens was a CIA asset. He could have been an asset for any one of the 74 other United States covert intelligence agencies.

Unless of course, the State Department normally smuggles it's "ambassadors" into countries to help get civil wars off the ground prior to having them engage in "diplomacy".



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonedogdiary

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by stonedogdiary

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by stonedogdiary
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Seriously? Did you really just say that?

Opinions are opinions and I understand that. But with that opinion I'm thinking maybe we should send an angry mob to your house to burn it down and fire rockets at you and your family. Is that okay with you?


Did he help overthrow a foreign government though?

His opinion isn't the same as him actually acting out on it on the behalf of our governments.


I have absolutely no respect for anyone that condones the actions of yesterday on innocent people. If he had previously been a part of a military operation he was following his countries orders which may or may not have been for the best. We aren't debating that. We're talking about how anybody could have the balls to say something like that when on the anniversary of one of the biggest disasters our country has ever faced, an angry mob burned part of our embassy, tore our flag and raised their own, and killed four people senselessly.

How can anyone in this country defend this angry mob? People like that should seriously leave the country, and I know that might sound childish. But I appreciate what freedom we have left here and even when I strongly disagree with what our country is doing sometimes, I still get tears in my eyes at times when I hear the national anthem and I still respect what my loved ones and friends and friends in the military have done and given for this country no matter what party was ruling at the time.



You mean like the angry mob that destroyed Afghanistan "looking for Osama"? That angry mob...?

or the one who damn near turned Iraq back into desert........?

ORR, the one who decided that Ghadaffi was incapable of playing by their rules, so they had him killed...?


Four people died senselessly.. This is true... But how many have we killed with the drones..?
And how many were killed when we bombarded Libya? Or did we have a tactic of only shooting at empty buildings..?

Nooo I recall the US being a part of killing some babies in Libya....


Dude. Where the F are your facts behind the baby killing? Where are your solid numbers? And do you have any friends in the military?

Because I have lost a few that COULD NOT return fire when they were being assaulted for hours. Do you know that if we actually ever became an "angry mob" we have enough military might to destroy Libya completely. You're blaming the US for killing people when the Libyan people were killing each other? How dare we step in! How dare we try to help put an end to that! What a cruel country we are.

Seriously grow the # up.


oh how soon we forget

NATO strike kills Ghadaffi's grandchildren...

And if you think over the course of relentlessly bombing countries we shouldn't be in for 11 years, that the US has managed to not kill babies? OPEN YOUR EYES!!



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
I would tend to agree with you. This is pretty much how I feel about all of our invasions of other countries. We all know that black-ops were put in place to assist in the over-throw/assassination of Ghadaffi. If anybody doesn't believe that we had boots on the ground in that, they are naive.

All we get to hear is the homogenized, MSM version but the truth is, our government has blood all over its hands; probably more so than any government in modern history. Iran hasn't invaded another country in over a hundred years and the U.S. has invaded and assisted in the over-throw of plenty of governments around the world yet we are to believe that Iran is the aggressor? Based what evidence? The same with Syria, Egypt, etc. We are simply in no position to act shocked when something like this happens. We did it to ourselves thanks to our useless, power-hungry "leaders". I hope they all burn in hell.


Exactly.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Really..."ambassadors" normally slip into countries illegally and provide support to rebel insurgencies in order to foment civil wars?

No wonder the U.N. doesn't work very well...huh?


Yes actually they do slip in to support regime changes in hopes of creating a new ally. I didn't say it was right just that it happens, A LOT. Like a whole lot.

This way the new Ambassador is seen as an ally to the new regime. Maybe we (the USA) had a vested interest in Libya? Give any reason you'd like. Oil, robbing Gadaffi, etc. The thing we're not discussing is the official names for the interventions by the coalition members are Operation Harmattan by France, Operation Ellamy by the United Kingdom, Operation Mobile for the Canadian participation and Operation Odyssey Dawn for the United States.

How many of those countries Ambassador's snuck in? And how about these countries?


Countries in blue helped the rebels. Source

So we just gonna keep bashing the US or we going to address all these countries too?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I find the title and the OP disgusting. I am not going bother even debating someone who's opinion is so distorted. Instead I will go take a shower and try to wash the feeling of filth I have gotten from even coming into this thread.


...as I will try to wash the filth of your blind obedience to the almighty War Machine off of myself as well.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Thanks for the reply, I really should learn more about 21st century Middle East history. In my studies there I've always focused on older stuff.

But, as I understand it, these governments of the 50's that were stable are all post colonial governments put in place with Western assistance.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Really..."ambassadors" normally slip into countries illegally and provide support to rebel insurgencies in order to foment civil wars?

No wonder the U.N. doesn't work very well...huh?


Yes actually they do slip in to support regime changes in hopes of creating a new ally. I didn't say it was right just that it happens, A LOT. Like a whole lot.

This way the new Ambassador is seen as an ally to the new regime. Maybe we (the USA) had a vested interest in Libya? Give any reason you'd like. Oil, robbing Gadaffi, etc. The thing we're not discussing is the official names for the interventions by the coalition members are Operation Harmattan by France, Operation Ellamy by the United Kingdom, Operation Mobile for the Canadian participation and Operation Odyssey Dawn for the United States.

How many of those countries Ambassador's snuck in? And how about these countries?


Countries in blue helped the rebels. Source

So we just gonna keep bashing the US or we going to address all these countries too?


OK...so...because it's totally standard operating procedure for us to start civil wars...that means that we should be totally shocked that people once in awhile take out those responsible??

I wasn't bashing the US...I personally think that any "diplomats" who play a significant role in starting civil wars or destabilizing entire regions probably also shouldn't be surprised if they upset folks once in awhile either...no matter what country they are from.

edit on 12-9-2012 by milominderbinder because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

OK...so...because it's totally standard operating procedure for us to start civil wars...that means that we should be totally shocked that people once in awhile take out those responsible??

I wasn't bashing the US...I personally think that any "diplomats" who play a significant role in starting civil wars or destabilizing entire regions probably also shouldn't be surprised if they upset folks once in awhile either...no matter what country they are from.

edit on 12-9-2012 by milominderbinder because: (no reason given)


Assumption based on the thread title, "Looks like the US Ambassador to Libya got exactly what he deserves." I apologize if that wasn't your intent, but you have to admit it does seem like it.

Have you seen the average Libyan's response this?

What jihadists want you to believe about Libya

ETA: There is a thread on ATS with a bunch of pics about it too. I'll see if I can find it.
edit on 12-9-2012 by thesungod because: see eta



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Thanks for the reply, I really should learn more about 21st century Middle East history. In my studies there I've always focused on older stuff.

But, as I understand it, these governments of the 50's that were stable are all post colonial governments put in place with Western assistance.


You mean 20th century, I think...right?

And no...Iran was not ever anybody's colony. Nor was Iraq, Iran, or Syria. They were a natural outgrowth of the basic observation that western-style secular governments simply work better...especially when dealing with a wide range of ethnic and religious diversity.

After the madness of the Crusades the Middle East began a long and slow trend towards religious tolerance...mostly stemming from the observation that religious warfare was basically the "Mutually Assured Destruction" of the day. In other words...it created a state of warfare in which nobody could ever really "win" unless they kill every single man, woman, and child of the competing religion or ethnicity.

All of the modern fundamentalist kookery in the Middle East STARTED when Israel did the unthinkable and declared that the new government of what was formerly Palestine was now going to a Jewish theocracy.





new topics
top topics
 
71
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join