It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I really, really hope this goes viral before innocent people get killed. This is an example of the amazing ways that the internet can help the world.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You aren't a disinfo agent.

You are just being human, and mistrust anything that you don't understand, while following a peer group.

If you don't want to consider, reflect on and possibly apologise for the actions of the US government, then that surely is your perogative.

It would be hypocritical though, for you to then ask others to do the same when relating to their peer group, be it governmental or religious.

Neither side in this ongoing "feud" between the teenage country of the USA, and the teenage religion of Islam (I use the word teenage in relative terms according to the age of the country, and religion based against other more established ones) covers themselves in glory. Both sides have their protagonists and their excusers and both have carried out atrocities like this for a number of years that someone on either side will always find an excuse for.

Stupid people do stupid things. Its as simple as that.

With regard to the photo's, and the cynicism displayed, I would imagine the same was said in muslim circles about the various anti-war, remove the troops and peace rallies held in the west during the run up to Iraq and Afghanistan, during the ongoing farce with Israel in gaza, and during the periods of "assistance" offered during the Arab Spring - and also about how we in the west were fine with ripping Iraq to pieces on the pretext of a lie, and aided the Libyans in overthrowing Ghadaffi, the Syrian government is murdering its people openly and we sit back and do nothing.

Its all a question of perspective.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

And this is the problem....go viral? Are you serious? Who gives a # if it goes viral? Chances are those photos are fake anyway. Propaganda goes both ways.Although if you ask people here they'll swear America is the only country in this great big world that does it!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dutchmilpo

Absolutely! Do not judge and many more lessons in this.

Do NOT discriminate due to race, religion, or nationality.
Do not separate yourself from others, they are just people born into this world by the same life force that created you.
Open your mind and see past what the MSM normally spoon feeds you: That we are better than Muslim countries, that they are the enemy, that all they deserve is our animosity.

THEY ARE NOT.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Stupid people do stupid things. Its as simple as that.

This,my friend,is what it comes down to.And that goes for the US Government as well. In the end we are all human. .It just amazes me at how fast people here want to defend them while ranting about how terrible the US is.Hypocrites much?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You're a bit too cynical. If something like this spread across the country, no way would our government risk killing innocent people. The backlash would be much more severe than if people never saw these photos.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here lies the problem....We have extremist in the Christian world too...let's say Branch Davidians as example... That was what 100 people?

It is all a numbers game here.

Now let's look at Islam...and let's say 50% are fun loving people...45% are fundamentalists and 5% are extremists....

50% fun loving would be 1.5 billion people...

45% want very strict religious rules that completely control one's freedoms. This is kind of what we see in Afghanistan... ok that is 1.3 billion people.....

5% want to kill you...... ok that is 150 million people that want you dead....

Think of a world with 150 million Branch Dravidians....

See it's just a numbers game....

edit on 14-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

That's the thing the vast majority of Americans have Internet access. Most will see these photos even if they're not shown in the Media. Personally I'm on the fence about them.They may be real.But I'm leaning towards they are not simply because they are posted online.I've yet to see them anywhere else.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayarea
Just my opinion but, does this just look like the kids that thought it was a good idea to throw rocks at a hornets nest, and now are just trying to do what they can before the pain comes? To some, the killing of four people in the embassy is a good reason to send in the troops and they know it.

If killing is the answer, it had to be a really stupid question.

So, your mother, sister, brother and father were the ones massacred.

Then what do you say? Mischevious kids? I highly doubt it. These people were slaughtered. PERIOD!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Libya was a pre-meditated, 2-stage slaughter, that the government was fully aware of. It seems to have been conducted by the salasfists/and or al qaeda in norht africa The Libyan "guards" disappeared as soon as the front gate fell.

We need to cut off ALL financial aide to Libya, Egypt, and Pakistan, IMMEDIATELY.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayarea

If killing is the answer, it had to be a really stupid question.

I like this. Mind if I steal it?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

reply to post by Xtrozero

I am so confused that I have starred both of these replies AND I believe that both are completely correct.
My only conclusion is that our planet is completely insane and that the only hope for us may be the person seen below doing what I am sure that he is doing right now as I type this.
This is not an attempt at humour as I am being uncharistically serious here.
Its all that I can say.

edit on 14-9-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Muhammed was also known as the peace maker i wish that people would read his teachings in the right context just as the bible is miss read by some radicals to me they are saying one message love one and other or we are doomed so it looks like we are doomed bring on december and lets see what happens next

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
Muhammed was also known as the peace maker i wish that people would read his teachings in the right context just as the bible is miss read by some radicals to me they are saying one message love one and other or we are doomed so it looks like we are doomed bring on december and lets see what happens next

Are you for real? Seriously is that sarcasm that I'm just not picking up on or do you actually mean what you have just written?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I read the title and thought that Nazi Germany was not representative of all Germans either but those in power, willing to kill, and with the weapons tend to lead.

Those that stay silent allow it to happen.

Instead of Muslims getting up in arms about a book and raiding diplomatic embassies, why not start marching AGAINST those you say are not representative of your religion within your own country?.

You know why you don't...?

I think everyone is too scared too of reprisals themselves.... and so you contribute indirectly anyway

Any opinions on this?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I tried highlighting this in the comments of The Sun but i've had my comment removed - as per usual.

The way they have written the story - and it's reflected in the comments - is to wind people up. Get us 'MAD AS HELL'. I like to try and put the other view to people too, show them not all is black and white - but The Sun don't like that.

I think it's close to inciting hatred - they won't let the truth be known just show us the bad to get us angry and want our governments to do something about it.

These pictures show a prove propaganda is rife in modern media. Even Al Jazeera have been bought.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by masontaft

Who or what made the video is irrelevant! There is no excuse to go on a bloody murderous rampage over a god damn video and I don't care what's in it. It was the same over the cartoons and it been the same for many other trivial things.

If this kind of mindless violence continues something radical is going to have to be done. In my opinion this religion is becoming more and more comparable to Nazism.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

That's what I've been thinking too.... staged propaganda!!

It looks pretty obvious to me that these Libyans didnt ge out of bed to make those signs... those signs were made elsewhere and then put into the hands of these Libyans!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

Just because people do not beleive in your god, or religion full stop, does not make them satanists, just becasue people are free from contraint and free thinking does not make them evil-they are free of our fist muddled attempt at a vague understanding of the truth-that was the job of religion, but since Epicurius and Lucretus realised the atom existed outside of the known sphere of influence and made things like the flat earth and without god, We should have taken a bit of a step forwards an put religion on the back foot. We now have more sphisticated tools to aid thinking, morality and dicovery without claiming god is the answer. Religion has always needed to be totalitarian, faschist, and violent in order to survive-it beats the thinking man into submission and terms him as evil.

That is what you have just done, it is in itself deeply offensive to any human that you choose to do this and it is inherantly evil to deny a person his or her freedoms, it is primitive and retrograde and akin to surfdom and slavery which is also strongly posited by your favourite text. it makes religion in today's civilised society all the more ridiculous.

You do know you can be a good caring person without recourse to religion- as an edicated man with knowledge of religion (and therefore philosophy?) you will have heard of the Confuscian Analects that predate religion within early Chinese society as much as 500 years prior to the immacualte conception.

And even if that Mary the minx story were true, (I like a good mystery as much as anyone)-it wouldn't in itself be proof that you are right or good or that god exists or that religion has the answer.

As far as I can tell religion arrests the development of society look at the Hitchen's on loss of society from the Peral of the Levant, Beirut one of the most beautiful cities in the world only 500 years ago, to Bethlehem or Bagdad, Banja Luka, Belgrade, Belfast or Behac all marred by petty conflict about what fanastical book you read-we see it demonstrated well here when a building is sacked for nothing more than a small minded insult-if anything is develish it is that.

You sir are my enemy and I am happy you so easily mark yourself out as such-it is a releif to the rest of us that you do so unapologetically but rather than kill you we would seek to educate you in the benefits of freedom, and free thinking. it is what civilised people do.

When look for an enemy I look first for a burning flag taking warlike offence at idocy-idiocy in itself, where others take no account and just get on with things like trying to cure cancer or find the more super symettric particles that may oneday solve the energy problem for mankind.

The argument that its "Just a small militant few?" I see the muslim world lit up with fever foaming at the mouth in rabid blood lust-it is not just a small few, it is a significant reaction across most of your major cities-it is not in perspective and without a sense reason or logic you are loosing your own ability to think and know who you truly are.

open your mind a little more, do some thinking on your own account rise above your bigotted view and think about how giving everyone the respect they might deserve as your brother, we are all one big family we all come from the same place such a view may assist the human race as a whole to move forwards in unity.

To crush everyone that thinks not as you do will eventually deny you (and your friends and your family) progress and have you back in the sands of your fathers, scratching fatwah's on animal skin with a stone.knowing only the contents of one book.

We would never see beyond our tiny horizon, and that would be a shame, pretending to know everything is not the same as actually knowing something, and knowing you don't have all the answers, neither does religion (do not pretend it does I know you want to but it simply doesn't work) or science (there are more questions than answers here too), the gap has to be filled with reason, respect and curiosity. Without it you are an ape with a paper rock.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Darkstar74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanrak77

I thought this thread was about these people showing that not all Libyans are as sick and twisted as those who stormed the embassy.

My point wasn't that they weren't doing anything wrong to the embassy or the video created - my point is the world media will never show us the 'nice side' of the people of the east, or muslims etc. They only want us to see the bad they do - not the other compassionate people who actually do value human life and morals.

Not every muslim or libyan is as bad a the Nazis - but i do agree the extremist of that group are.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join