It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Swills

When my husband told me about the first attack I did not want to come online, I will be honest because I did not want to deal with the anti muslim sentiment, since I am (Shi'ah) Muslim. But I am happy to see this, one of the first threads I decided to open on the topic, because I see many people here understand, this is about politics and political ploys and not one thing to do with the religion.

I am sorry for all those killed and/or injured, my prayers are with them and with their families.

That great and all but when the hell are Muslims going to stop killing people all over the world. The fanaticism has gotten totally out of hand and I'm sorry but you more moderate Muslims need to speak out against your so called brothers and sisters and really show your disgust because here in England where we have a huge Muslim population there is just a deathly silence and that is the case in most countries.

It also has absolutely everything to do with religion. I have never in my time seen such a coordinated threatening response over something so trivial. I don't care how important to you your god is you have no right to kill people because you think they have blasphemed. Has it actually occurred to anyone that this video could well of been made by Al-Qa'ida or other terrorist group to deliberately stir the pot?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
reply to post by Swills

So, here's the deal.
I've often posted in here regarding the frequent violence shown by adherents to Islam. I've often stated my belief that the Quran is inherently violent, as was its founder, Mohammed... and that the core of the problem lies therein.

I wish more people would take the stand that these people have.
I really do. This is exactly what it's going to take... people rejecting violence on the basis of ideology. Whatever ideology that may be. So... credit where it's due. This took a lot of courage.

Look an attack on our embassy is sad and tragic -- but stop acting like this isn't blow back.

How many people do we kill now with just drone attacks?

Until you start tallying WHAT WE DO TO THEM -- don't start acting like the fundies and fools who fight under the banner of Islam are any more blood drenched than the corporate or other fundies on our side.

The "Quran is inherently violent" -- right. And so is your Bible. Stop being so myopic and getting that we don't endorse terrorist muslims any more than all the Christian terrorists we have here in the USA.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Dude, your avatar is offensive to my religion, maybe I'll go attack a mosque?

Seriously though, I wonder what would happen if I had the devil whispering in Mohammed's ear avatar???

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by wingsfan

Dude, your avatar is offensive to my religion, maybe I'll go attack a mosque?

Seriously though, I wonder what would happen if I had the devil whispering in Mohammed's ear avatar???

Exactly! Where I live in England there is a massive banner above a mosque saying and I quote ' there is no other god than Allah' and then just 2 miles down the road another massive sign from some Halal butcher proudly stating that that they don't stun their chickens before slaughtering them.

Now I find that quite offensive however i have not even complained about it because i let people be. I honestly feel though that the route Islam and its followers are going down that there is gong to be a confrontation soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't think much for islam or any other religion for that matter. But if you think that's what this was all about, then they already got you where they want you.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I can count exactly 1 sign that is in the hands of some1 else..
The dude gave it to a little kid...
why do people always have to sherlock things..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by Awen24
reply to post by Swills

So, here's the deal.
I've often posted in here regarding the frequent violence shown by adherents to Islam. I've often stated my belief that the Quran is inherently violent, as was its founder, Mohammed... and that the core of the problem lies therein.

I wish more people would take the stand that these people have.
I really do. This is exactly what it's going to take... people rejecting violence on the basis of ideology. Whatever ideology that may be. So... credit where it's due. This took a lot of courage.

Look an attack on our embassy is sad and tragic -- but stop acting like this isn't blow back.

How many people do we kill now with just drone attacks?

Until you start tallying WHAT WE DO TO THEM -- don't start acting like the fundies and fools who fight under the banner of Islam are any more blood drenched than the corporate or other fundies on our side.

The "Quran is inherently violent" -- right. And so is your Bible. Stop being so myopic and getting that we don't endorse terrorist muslims any more than all the Christian terrorists we have here in the USA.

Ahhhhh. This is a classic cop-out for most anyone trying to defend Muslim culture. For some reason most believe that referencing to The Bible automatically cancels out the argument. The funny thing is, The Bible has NOTHING to do with any of this. You didn't even deny that The Koran is inherently violent. Interestingly enough, you're right, it is extremely violent.

Drone attacks? What are you even talking about? We don't just go droning out groups of Muslims because they are Muslims. I'm sorry but the defense side of all of this has gotten extremely silly.

If they had it their way, Atheists, People of the Book, basically everyone would be subject to Jizya taxes and be treated like dirt just for living in a Muslim country. This isn't a radical concept, this is in The Koran.
edit on 13-9-2012 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No, sorry, I stand by my statement. These extremists are a small minority compared to the BILLIONS of Muslims.

Then how bout those billions taking care of business and ridding the world of that small minority???
I think it's all a ruse...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
I don't think much for islam or any other religion for that matter. But if you think that's what this was all about, then they already got you where they want you.

So millions of people all over the world going absolutely berserk and killing people has nothing to do with the fact they are upset because someone made a video about their prophet. This has nothing to do with religion? Get a grip man.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

And how about the Chinese people not be slaves to their Gov't? Easier said than done.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I am sickened by some of the responses here. Hate for the sake of hate. I remember seeing some Muslims denouncing terrorism in the past. The response? "Why not more?" Now there's more and it's, "Don't believe them." People point out that kids are holding these signs so it must be propaganda but they are also the first to say, "Kids are suicide bombers as well." Hypocrisy at its finest. I need a frickin shower.

It goes beyond that. CBS just tried to interview "a conservative muslim" and a female reporter tried to do the interview. She got her story but only after she was told she wasn't allowed to walk next to the guy. She had to walk behind him. This is part of their "religion". Discrimination against women.

That's hate for the sake of hate. It would take me about 10 minutes to google parts of the Quoran that call for violence against anyone that does not believe in their god and their prophet. Suggest you do the same before holding hands with these dangerous people and singing Kumbaya.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Here are some recent pictures from Libya about the recent terrorist attacks and murders. There are billions of Muslims and only a very small minority committed these attacks and they do not represent Islam and the people of Libya just wanted to remind you of that.

imgur.com...

edit on 12-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I wish they would show this on the front page of every major news website.The world needs to realize there is a very small majority of Muslims that are extremists. Most humans do not want war.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koreanphood

.The world needs to realize there is a very small majority of Muslims that are extremists.

No, what you and people alike need to realize is that Islam is an extreme religion, with extreme views and extreme laws. There are no moderated Muslims since a true Muslim must obey the Book.

I am so tired of religious BS on earth, where is Nibiru when you need one

I have met with these brave fighters, and they are not Al-Qaeda. To the contrary: They are Libyan patriots who want to liberate their nation. We should help them do it.” – Senator John McCain in Benghazi, Libya April 22, 2011

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The US funds the extremist... and these extremists are bent also to destroy Islam itself... you do not know what they do to Islam openly! They are a threat to us ALL, Muslims and non Muslims alike! But we cannot fight against the funding and arms of the US and Saudia!

watch this:

These people, wahabis or salafis doing these things have nothing to do with Islam, and neither do their actions!
edit on 13-9-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Swills

The US funds these people... and these extremists are bent also to destroy Islam itself... you do not know what they do to Islam openly! They are a threat to us ALL, Muslims and non Muslims alike! But we cannot fight against the funding and arms of the US and Saudia!

We all know know what the US and west has done in response to 9/11 but that does not excuse killing innocent people for the sake of a video that anyone could of made by anyone. Muslims need to get their house in order and just stop killing!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of muslims and their eagerness to explode. You CANNOT kill people because they have drawn a picture, made a video or said something wrong. There is absolutely no excuse.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Someone is definitely stirring the pot in helping this along. The drums of war are a pumping. This isn't what it seems or how it is being played out by the media.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by donosh
Off topic but me and a lot of people I know are tired of America's bull# . They have brought up a nations of idiots and are destroying the world I just don't want to know anything about them anymore ..

And I'm sure in the same breath you're praising these "radical" muslims. Where are you from? I can guarentee you it's worse then America.And if you are an American you should be ashamed of what you just said.If that's the case go apply for a passport and kindly see your way out of the country,thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Good to see that their is a supportive population in Libya that didnt approve of the attacks....

On the other side...if US territories or embassies are attacked again let the US Marines sort them out and give them a chance to die for Allah and see if they really get their virgins! S/F

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join