It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+162 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Here are some recent pictures from Libya about the recent terrorist attacks and murders. There are billions of Muslims and only a very small minority committed these attacks and they do not represent Islam and the people of Libya just wanted to remind you of that.

imgur.com...

edit on 12-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

15 Photos Of Libyans Apologizing To Americans

19 More Photos Of Libyans Apologizing For American Deaths

Libyan Peace Rally Slams Terrorism, Offers Apology For Consulate Attack (PHOTOS)
edit on Thu Sep 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: added links per OP request.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I like that ... didn’t expect that kind of sentiment.
maybe there is still hope for us.

+64 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The people depicted in the above photos ARE the proper and true representation of the vast majority of Muslims -- those who are just as horrified and upset by terrorism as we Americans are.

We appreciate the support, and may Allah bless you and yours in all things.

[EDIT] Star and flag to you, OP.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Kualros because: Addendum

+35 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I wish this would play on the mainstream news.

+10 more 
link   
I think the majority of people in Libya do not want to hurt anyone. We can't judge a whole population of a nation by the actions of a fsmall minority of radical people.

+2 more 
link   
Don't tell that to some, they want to mass bomb Libya.It's pretty sad that there is a large part of western culture who refuses to understand there are a lot of innocent people caught in the crossfire, and condones mass genocide.It's a testament to the character of a some. Just as bad as the people who committed those acts of violence.

+67 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And were sorry Islam. This behavior our government has displayed the last several years is not how we behave either. We ALL bleed red. Peace.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I too was surprised to see the signs. Very heart warming. I'll say prayers for these people tonight and ask that God protect them from their own people. The radicals will probably mark these people as western sympathizers and go after them too.

And may God bless the Americans that lost their lives and their families that will miss them.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
great thread

it just shows you how much of the media is war mongering/ tail wagging the dog

+1 more 
link   

Originally posted by Kualros
The people depicted in the above photos ARE the proper and true representation of the vast majority of Muslims -- those who are just as horrified and upset by terrorism as we Americans are.

We appreciate the support, and may Allah bless you and yours in all things.

[EDIT] Star and flag to you, OP.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Kualros because: Addendum

We all understand that, and I feel sorry for those people who have to deal with the consequences of the extremists....but I still have to say there is a significant portion of Muslims who have extremist beliefs.

link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

Exactly. May God bless all those affected by this tragedy as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
thank you dear friend for this post!!!
there is logic here!
i started to think i was the only white,non muslim here trying to explain why the events that have happened in the last 24 or so hours was so wrong,and basically gave america a reason to enter libya.
the murders were wrong.
so was the stupid video.
peace please to all.
fight the powers that be,not each other

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

United we stand.........divided we fall.

A timely message for all of us.................

edit on 12-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

how many muslims do you actually know???!!!
i happen to have many 'muslim' friends,and as hard as it may be for you to believe,most of my friends
dont even practice islam!!!! much like the north american christians who do not practice their faith(perhaps on xmas and easter!!!).
they carry on their daily lives living the same way as you do,hoping not to be persecuted by ignorant people who veiw them all as terrorists.
why don't you google that retard preacher in florida who puts mohammad on trial every 9/11,and who actually endorses the stupid movie that started all this crap!.
he is a terrorist,by scaring people with lies about stuff he don't know!
maybe he has weapons of mass distruction hiding! don't worry,the american govt. wont be able to find them!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm definitely happy to see all the positive responses and possible changing of some outlooks. I too would love to see this on the MSM being broadcast non stop but I suspect that won't happen. Too bad because the entire world needs to see these pictures.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

It's true that there are extremists in abundance, but not as many as one would think. I've read that it's less than 1/4 of 1%, if that many (probably far fewer than that). Problem is the ones that ARE extreme get a LOT of attention when they pull stuff like this (which is ironic since it is contrary to Islam on SO many levels to do these things).

I'm not a Muslim, but I've studied it quite a bit as an intellectual pursuit recently since I found myself angry at Islam and didn't know *why* I was angry at it, and figured the best thing was to gain an understanding of it. One of the best choices I've made in recent memory, I might add. And I'm Jewish.

So, yeah. There are radical elements in all belief systems. The "Radical Islamists" are just the loudest group, and they really aren't even acting on behalf of Islam since the planning and act of terrorism itself is contrary to a dozen or more tenants of Islam. They sure don't end up in the good graces of karma, to be sure.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ha! Does that make all the war mongers feel like [SNIP]?

It should.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I know a handful, but through my work I have met many more....and let me tell you some of the opinions I have heard....scary. But you are taking my post out of context, I agree, most Muslims just want to life out their lives happily and without fear - but in the Muslim culture, there is a core of extremists that are nut jobs. (but I don't want that to be the essence of my post)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I wish this would play on the mainstream news.
reply to post by theconspirator

Fat chance of that. The news media wants blood, sweat and tears. Unfortunately, that kind of report gains viewership. The MSM is complicit in much of the violence that occurs around the world.

+51 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
while I don't discount the sentiment, am I the only noticing the same signs being being held by different people in different pictures?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join