It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan)

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My, what a thread! It is good to see the endless tennis match in full form still. I have been away from the community for quite some time now and feel a bit older and hopefully on track to be wise before corporeal death.

In my humble opinion the OP is absolutely correct. Not only is he correct but his and others' tireless work here shows a dedication to knowledge and truth far beyond what ordinary folks are capable of.

I can say that today with full 100% confidence, which is an important milestone for me in my life. You see, in all my incarnations on ATS I have looked across the tennis net towards AugustusMasonicus, ksig and others. I have whacked ball after ball at them in a desperate effort to penetrate their armor. I have, time after time, stood firm in beliefs rooted in superstition and lies.

Today I am thoroughly convinced that spirituality and truth are not freely given to any man. I can finally see the gauntlet. Please allow a history of my own spirituality:

My mother is a wonderful, smart compassionate woman who attended fire and brimstone sermons regularly as a child. She has little understanding of religion and is fearful of anything which might go against fundamentalist church doctrine. Interestingly enough, she is also a well meaning liberal who falls for every political trick in the book. She cries when I say I don't agree with abortion.

My father was strong, loving, brilliant and much more. His dad was a past master and his mom was in the OES. He was deeply religious and spiritual. He taught me the importance of art and learning. Looking back I'm surprised how much of an influence the craft had on him because he never joined and he didn't know anything about masonry until late in life. In his thirties he built a geodesic dome. During this same time period he collected quite informative books about things like the pyramids, reincarnation, and Atlantis.

I grew up fusing these two schools of thought together. For example, I believed that every great year had its own "Jesus" and "satan". To me this meant that church = Jesus and cults/societies/brotherhoods/secrets were of the devil because they used forbidden magic and kept their ideas away from the public except in veiled allegory (until recently that is).

When I became an adult I quickly decided that I loved god and hated the devil. I decided that my soul was tired of the Earth test and was ready to pass into the next realm of life and leave this planet behind. I vowed to search and seek for the truth no matter what.

So...thus began my almost satirical trials through the gauntlet of the material world. It will be interesting to read my forum posts here over the years. I feel like I treated religion like shopping for clothes. Going to rack after rack until something fit without having to stretch. I believed at one point that the pope was good. I believed at one point that the illuminati wanted to horde money and power while enslaving the masses; that the illuminati was the guiding hand of masonry; that Jews were evil; that the Jews killed Jesus on the cross and had blood on their hands, that Freemasons were slaves to Jews; that the Christian church was the only path to salvation in the kingdom of heaven; that evil people burn in a pit of fire when they die; that my karmic struggle in this existence was to wake everyone up to the evil designs of freemasonry and the Kabbalah; that the sun was a symbol for satan because they both start with an 's'; that Horus was satan; that Osiris was satan; that as long as I accept Jesus as my savior I will be redeemed in Heaven unconditionally.

I am appalled to admit that I spent about 6 years in the gauntlet.

Throughout my whole life my reasoning and logic centers would chime in and say these things do not make any sense and are impossible. No one can come back to life after 3 days dead. Rot would set in wouldn't it? Why do I worship Santa Clause on Christ's birthday? Do newborn babies go to hell if they die because they didn't have time to accept Jesus?

I attended church only once as a child. I was about 9 or 10. My mom asked if I wanted to give it a shot. After my first visit I told my mom that I didn't like churches because they were fake....

Finally everything snapped at once into place and instantly my former self was but a shadow to be ashamed of....I had a lot of apologies to make. The only way I can describe how I feel is rebirth. I feel like my former self has been shed like a snake's skin and now I can look back and recognize it as an old, outdated thin and brittle membrane. An egg of ignorance to hatch from.

I have read lots and lots of j s ward, Robert brown, Hall, Blavatsky, cayce, Jordan maxwell....

Now I see the deliberate methods of Typhon. The machinations of the scarlet harlot. The subtle perversions of the Catholic Church. The overt displays of the empire of Rome.

I understand why it is important to be a beacon...to shine in the darkness and provide warmth to all around me regardless of any disagreement. Now I know why ward says Christ is reborn every day.

Lastly, I know that masons do NOT worship lucifer OR satan as God. They believe in TGATU not a couple of grand architects. They are builders not destroyers. They are men of reason and light as opposed to superstition and falsehoods. They promote education where Typhon seeks to enfeeble the masses. They are monotheistic. This leaves no room for a satan type deity. The church invented satan....it invented all the restrictive intolerant bigoted and foolish content in the bible. Now I know who said Israel would perish in the book of Matthew....now I know why Jews and gnostics were accused of satanism by early churchgoers. Now I know why the church seemed so fake as a child....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Magitera
You see, in all my incarnations on ATS...

Out of curiosity which were they?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I'm rather embarrassed to admit, quite frankly. My first and most active account was [snip]

edit on 29-12-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Magitera
I'm rather embarrassed to admit, quite frankly. My first and most active account was[snip]

That is what I suspected.

No embarrassment, people are allowed to change their mind.
edit on 29-12-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Thanks, August. As I said, I am absolutely embarrassed about how tangled up my thoughts were. In the last year I lost both my father and his father. My grandfather left me lots of great items. His master's ring, a wheat penny with a square and compass, cuff links, buttons, his giant Bible presented to him by the lodge and a '35 edition blue book. I saw that it was the most important thing to him in his life and that he was such a good mason that he never talked about any of this stuff. He watched me spin my wheels year after year and would sigh in frustration at me. His youngest son has adopted fundamentalist Christianity much as I did.

I have shed many tears this year and it is nothing more than beautiful when I think about how my grandpa knew the truth but he would never tell us anything. I completely understand why this system is in place now.

It seems cheap to just have things handed to you. Spirituality is individual and God can only be found within. If a person could not come to the answers on his/her own then they are not worthy of truth. It is so amazing to think of how my grandfather watched me stumble in the dark for so long yet he still loved me and had hope for me. It was the ultimate act of love and respect not only to me, but to the universe, to allow someone the chance to find the light switch for themselves. Anything else would just cheapen the reward.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Magitera
It was the ultimate act of love and respect not only to me, but to the universe, to allow someone the chance to find the light switch for themselves. Anything else would just cheapen the reward.

I am happy that you found some spiritual peace, I hope the rest of your life's journey is more of the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

And to you. I think I might stick around again and maybe this time I can help others who are in the same shoes I was in. The threads are still full of fundies and "anti-luciferians" who are well meaning but misguided.

Not to mention there is always something for me to learn from you guys here on ATS.

My personal hero, Alan Parsons, had this to say so many years ago:

Pay no attention to the writing on the wall
The words seem empty cause there's nothing there at all
We let the wise men beat the drums too soon
We were just children of the moon

No one to turn to
Nowhere to run to even if we could
Too late to save us but try to understand
The seas were empty there was hunger in the land

We let the blind man lead the way too long
Easy to see where we went wrong
Nothing to live for
Nothing to die for
We're lost in the middle of a hopeless world
Lost in the middle of a hopeless world

Children children of the moon watch the world go by
Children children of the moon are hiding from the sun and the sky
Children children of the moon watch it all go by
Children children of the moon are blinded by the light in their eyes

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Idk, I just heard crap.

Like that movie Da vinci code. So they have to accept a supreme being, but not the actual religious testimony that goes with it. Kind of funny.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Magitera

In my life, I have learned quite a few lessons. The one single most important one, was when I learned how to learn. It sounds like that was your gift from your father and his father. I am sorry for your loss, but happy for you that you gained so much of what they offered.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Gosh Network, I'm honored with such a heartfelt response especially after I have (albeit foolishly and mistakenly) attributed so many awful things to you and others. The only way I can forgive myself for such madness is to remember that this is why the great truths remain the "mysteries" in our present time. There are relatively few people who even read books anymore.

With the level of deep deception routinely used it is remarkable that anyone can find and recognize truth. At least I'm still in my twenties yet so I don't feel like I've wasted too much of my life hitting dead ends. Something which astounds me is how many times I have come within an inch of tearing free from the bondage of eternal darkness. Yet each and every time I would read something like "I knew someone who was put in a pentagram surrounded by dead cats" and then I would think of that oft used phrase "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist". Like a rubber band I would snap back into the witch hunt.

I honestly believe that there are malevolent entities and forces which work tirelessly to blind and mislead us. The fact that these thoughts and voices would pop into my head every time I was on the verge of spiritual metamorphosis is just too scary to think about, now that I know what I know. Today the info is handed to us on a silver platter too, which leads me to gain a remarkable new understanding and appreciation of those learned scholars from the Rennaissance and dark ages.

Some of the most compelling testimony that I swallowed whole were the allegations levied against Demolay and the Templars by King Philip and the church. I believed this for years. It is wrapped in such a tidy package. Now I can consider the numerous remarkable castles and retreats, which were labors of precise love. I find it hard to believe that men would go to such great lengths far and wide just to sodomize each other and play with dolls.

But I digress
good to see you guys again and glad to see you guys still keep the candle lit here....

edit on 30-12-2013 by Magitera because: Their/there

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

JohnPhoenix
Ya know whats stupid about this thread? - Many Masons DO worship Satan. This is a proven fact.

You know what is really stupid? You making that statement and not bothering to try and prove it. Should be easy for you since it is a 'proven fact'.

Seriously? You gonna actually tell me you can vouch for all of the millions of Masons world wide that not one of them personally worships Satan? I'd like to see that.

Just browse the popular Satanist websites.. many of the members are also grocers, clergy, government workers, teachers, and oh yes.. masons. These folks are proud of worshiping Satan and also are proud for being grocers, clergy, teachers and masons too.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Specimen
Idk, I just heard crap.

Like that movie Da vinci code.

There was nothing about Masons in The Davinci Code.

So they have to accept a supreme being, but not the actual religious testimony that goes with it.

I am not following what you are trying to say. Please elaborate.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
Seriously? You gonna actually tell me you can vouch for all of the millions of Masons world wide that not one of them personally worships Satan? I'd like to see that.

Just browse the popular Satanist websites.. many of the members are also grocers, clergy, government workers, teachers, and oh yes.. masons. These folks are proud of worshiping Satan and also are proud for being grocers, clergy, teachers and masons too.

So basically you have no links or proof, just your opinion.

It also shows how little you understand the topic as Theistic Satanists are rather rare, but you would have known this if you actually bothered to read the thread.

Thank you for your irrelevant an unsubstantiated drive by post.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I suppose a mason who had no idea about God, worship, his obligations, or Satanism, might be on those sites.
I wonder, do you know what satanism is and whom they "worship"?

You might be surprised and I'm quite sure it would make you think twice before accepting that those people are "worshiping" Satan.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I can guarantee 100% that we do not worship Satan. Our dear father below told us not to worship anybody.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

And you're going to tell us that you can say any Mason worships Satan? You seriously think you can define another man's faith? Technically speaking, Satan is not a supreme being as he is a creation of God.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It just makes no sense. We have been to space and looked under our world to find no hell. Just as try as you might, you will find no fork-tailed rouged sprite who is its God. Satan is a creation of the more dubious religions of the world. I believed there was a Satan at one time. I looked for his trickery everywhere. Did you know that satan was actually a tool to persecute Jews in Europe? The religious paintings from the time show satan and his imps with grossly exaggerated Judaic features.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Still waiting for you to back up your statements.

There seems to be a rash of lazy posters lately, no one bothers to provide supporting evidence for their silly claims.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Don't expect a reply or any evidence. They will refuse to even look for any...

"Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to examine the laws of heat."
~ Christopher Morley

edit on 10/1/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
" Since the Devil or Satan or whatever you decide to call him is purely a New Testament concept created by Christians how is it that everyone throughout history somehow fell into this ridiculous pardigm that did not exist for most of history? "

Isaiah 14:12-14 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

The old Testament clearly identifies the adversary on many occasions, this is just one example. What about the story of the serpent in the garden of eden? Isn't that what you could call making the enemy known right off the bat?

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join