It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan)

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Erbal

Read this one closely:

The Universal Masonic Landmarks
Masonic Landmarks are certain universal, unalterable and unrepealable boundaries of the Craft. Grand Lodges around the world recognize many Landmarks, but the following seven are commonly recognized by all Grand Lodges; Monotheism, Belief in Immortality, the Volume of the Sacred Law, the Legend of the Third Degree, the Symbolism of the Operative Art, Secrecy and that a Mason must be a freeborn, male adult.

Monotheism is the belief in one god that is required of every initiate. His concept of the Supreme Being is left to his own interpretation. Freemasonry is not concerned with any other theological distinctions. This is the basis of our universality. source

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This would imply a situation where God is neither omnipotent nor unique and not worthy of the respect and adoration due to God by every Mason. It therefore becomes quite obvious why any Mason obligated to believe in God would not and could not call God by the name Lucifer or Satan.
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

However the GATOU does not have the same nature/character as the christian God so you re point is irrelevant to begin with.
The GATOU come to bring knowledge and pride whereas Jesus preaches humility and submission,faith to himself alone. Clearly they cannot be the same deity "jesus stated by their fruits ye shell know them"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
However the GATOU does not have the same nature/character as the christian God so you re point is irrelevant to begin with.

Irrelevant in what way? The thread title is 'Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan)'. Not why all Masons worship Jesus.

The GATOU come to bring knowledge and pride whereas Jesus preaches humility and submission,faith to himself alone. Clearly they cannot be the same deity "jesus stated by their fruits ye shell know them"

The 'GATOU' (sic) is the Creator of the Universe (God), how many ominpotent beings can there be? You happen to call God 'Jesus', I do not.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The 'GATOU' (sic) is the Creator of the Universe (God), how many ominpotent beings can there be? You happen to call God 'Jesus', I do not.

Ah well duh they have different names so logic dictates they are two different deities common sense really not something you can obfuscate with you re usual deception.
I have read much about masons from js millers Occult theocracy and John Robinsons born in blood to most of Micheal Baigents books so i know enough about the subject. The idea of treating me like a fool is only making you look like a fool it does not reflect on me!.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Ah well duh they have different names so logic dictates they are two different deities common sense really not something you can obfuscate with you re usual deception.

Who has different names? God?

God is God no matter what language you speak.

I have read much about masons from js millers Occult theocracy and John Robinsons born in blood to most of Micheal Baigents books so i know enough about the subject.

Ooooooo. You read some books about some stuff and now you think you can give someone who is a member a detailed analysis of the group? Right.

The idea of treating me like a fool is only making you look like a fool it does not reflect on me!.

Nah, your posts are the only foolish things occuring here. If you, as a non-member, stopped trying to explain to people who are members of Masonry how it functions you would take great strides in minimizing this perception.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I have read much about masons from js millers Occult theocracy and John Robinsons born in blood to most of Micheal Baigents books so i know enough about the subject. The idea of treating me like a fool is only making you look like a fool it does not reflect on me!.

Um, if you believe Jesus and God are two different beings then you are going to hell.

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

God's commandments say so.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just love it when someone Spams 6 threads in a row with what is equivalent to a form letter.

I mean it always gets the message across.....right.

BTW I stopped reading as soon as I scrolled down and realized .......... well I am not sure what it is about. Looks like a thread OP I wouldn't click on to begin with.
edit on 27-12-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Grimpachi
Looks like a thread OP I wouldn't click on to begin with.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I believe Albert Pike would beg to differ. Hallel ben shakar is Satan's old title. He was being compared to the glory of Venus.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
I believe Albert Pike would beg to differ. Hallel ben shakar is Satan's old title. He was being compared to the glory of Venus.

How would have Pike 'begged to differ'?

Additionally, in Babylonian and Canaanite mythology, Helel and Salim were twin brothers and sons of Shahar, one of the dawn and one of the dusk. Which is identical to the Greek mythology for their names for Venus, Phosphorus and Hesperus.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

In "morals and dogma" Pike identifies Lucifer and Adonai as two opposing Gods. Gods are objects of worship. Most Gods are represented in mythology by stars and/or planets. So Pike identifies Lucifer as God of enlightenment while calling Adonai the God of darkness. Therefore, Pike worshipped Lucifer.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
In "morals and dogma" Pike identifies Lucifer and Adonai as two opposing Gods. Gods are objects of worship.

No he does not. If you dispute this then provide the page and quote.

So Pike identifies Lucifer as God of enlightenment while calling Adonai the God of darkness. Therefore, Pike worshipped Lucifer.

Again, provide the quote. The only places that claim this are the Christian-nutter sites. Pike did not even believe in Satan and thought those who did were ignorant.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Masons worship the Sun instead, and symbols that are related to it.
Like how Jesus is somehow related to the solar calendar(Zeitgeist talks about it), and the start of what we would call ancient history now.

Sun Gods in ancient mythology were said to be Devils themselves. While the modern day western myth point of view, is the Moon is the evil.

Lucifer is like how you said, usually presented as the planet Venus for whatever reasons. In a small case he is also referred to the moon.
"As an adjective, the Latin word lucifer meant "light-bringing" and was applied to the moon. As a noun, it meant "morning star", or, in Roman mythology, its divine personification as "the fabled son of Aurora[46] and Cephalus, and father of Ceyx", or (in poetry) "day".[6] The second of the meanings attached to the word when used as a noun corresponds to the image in Greek mythology of Eos, the goddess of dawn, giving birth to the morning star Phosphorus.[46]" Wikipedia

Idk, too much about Masons at all though. One case they sound like logical people that are mixed in science and faith, while rich. Other cases they sound like they got some freaky fetishes indeed.

And I like Cats...Alive.
edit on 28-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

False. "Helal bin Shahar" was the name of a Babylonian king, not a fallen angel.

reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Please give this citation of Pike's.

Nowhere in Morals & Dogma does Pike say we as Masons worship Lucifer. He actually mentions Lucifer 6-times and none of them speak of Pike worshiping him. You are lying or just parroting false information from another liar.

reply to post by Specimen

No, Masons don't worship the sun. Each Mason worships according to their own faith. Many Masons are Christians, but one of the requirements for membership is that one holds a belief in a Supreme Being; the Fraternity doesn't define what that is.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Specimen
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Masons worship the Sun instead...

There is no worship in Masonry. The individual Mason must believe in a Supreme Being and if you have read through even part of the thread only God, and not the Sun, can be considered a Supreme Being.

One case they sound like logical people that are mixed in science and faith, while rich. Other cases they sound like they got some freaky fetishes indeed.

Masonry has evolved into a, for the most part, fraternal charitable institution. What 'freaky fetishes' are you referring to?

edit on 28-12-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but if he did he would drink it from a skull

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Ya know whats stupid about this thread? - Many Masons DO worship Satan. This is a proven fact.

Just as many "Christian"s do worship Satan, same goes for Jews, Muslims etc. Satan worshipers do come in all shapes sizes and religions. You cannot state truthfully that masons simply never worship Satan.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix
Ya know whats stupid about this thread? - Many Masons DO worship Satan. This is a proven fact.

You know what is really stupid? You making that statement and not bothering to try and prove it. Should be easy for you since it is a 'proven fact'.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

No they don't nor is do you have authority to say who someone worships. That is between them and God.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Loose If Far... it instructed me to visualize the traveler as one whom the lords ordained a man. This then spurred the idea that morality itself was the craft, the gift, and the true power. This, I learned, "DAWNED" on Lucifer and cast him in unto the so-called royal secret... a grave flush of red overcame him.
His face gleamed with that ill graven light and the traveler was witness. This ill advised angel... was become the morning star!
His beauty was glorious and compelling because he knew better... he knew right from wrong. His beauty was such.
However, he did not do well in his affairs with men. For man there was two realities... one was beauty, strength, and wisdom. The other was faith, hope, and charity.
Lucifer, it seems, desired that men see this thing for themselves. Thus... he was mistakenly called the light bearer. He was wroth that men of beauty and strength and wisdom fell in unto the ultimate "GOD-SPELL" and were gifted to "The Cup Of The Lord Our God!" The cup was/is woman. The godspell was righteousness. To live as such was heretical in the eyes of Lucifer. He desired that men sojourn in faith, to cling to hope and discover charity.
Masons indeed are of the mettle... but faith dealt an inescapable truth that lead hope to be realized... and charity to be desirable.
Grim indeed are those features for mortals.
Anyhoo... for those who are cast in unto hell... to serve... the way is loosed... if far is the road. Whether narrow or not... the mystery involves the making of a man. These things are better left to the morality of the masters.
For some strange and obscured reason.. the masters are evidently equipped to judge and reason. For me... a moral deed is considered to be gifts of the master mason...

The philosopher's stone is my ridiculous charity.

Pseudomason
Promason
Anitmason
Nonmason
Freemason
Wannabemason

And Pinocchio... can all agree that Lucifer is not a healthy choice in life.

But to consider the maxim of polarity as Lucifer being opposite of GAOTU... is an insult.

Instead... learn to say... "there are many paths to tread..."

Also... don't trust Freemasons. They now the way... but will not comport with beauty and strength and wisdom. They will faith you and hope and charity you. Its not cool. Hmph!

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join