It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan)

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The name Lucifer originally denotes the planet Venus,
emphasizing its brilliancy. The Vulgate employs the
word also for "the light of the morning" (Job 50:17),
"the signs of the zodiac" (Job, xxxviiii, 32), and "the
aurora" (Psalm 109:3). Metaphorically, the word is
applied to the King of Babylon (Isaiah 14:12) as
preeminent among the princes of his time; to the high
priest Simon son of Onias (Ecclus. 50:6), for his
surpassing virtue, to the glory of heaven (Apoc.,
2:28), by reason of its excellency; finally to Jesus
Christ himself (II Petr. 1:19; Apocalypse 22:16; the
"Exultet" of Holy Saturday) the true light of our
spiritual life. The Syriac version and the version of
Aquila derive the Hebrew noun helel from the verb
yalal, "to lament";

St. Jerome agrees with them (In
Isaiah 1:14), and makes Lucifer the name of the
principal fallen angel who must lament the loss of his
original glory bright as the morning star. In Christian
tradition this meaning of Lucifer has prevailed; the
Fathers maintain that Lucifer is not the proper name of
the devil, but denotes only the state from which he has
fallen (Petavius, "De Angelis", III, iii, 4).

St. Jerome does not say that Lucifer is the proper name of the devil/Satan. Lucifer is a Principal of the fallen angel. The same goes for the King of Babylon. I also think there are a few more names used as an examples.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

And where above does the original Greek equate the phrase 'morning star' to Satan?

The Greek word, phosphorus, was used to donate the day star, not an angel.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Thanks for putting me right. So you said you are a

Past Commander of a Commandery of Knights Templar

What number of Degree is that? The only degree I can find is 27° Commander of the Temple!

If I am not mistaken

Sauron
is a 13° Royal Arch (Of Enoch)?

Is that right?

And in regards to what

AugustusMasonicus
said about my Dad being a Master Mason? That might be correct as that title is a 3°. Can't ask him about it unless I use a Ouija Board.

It's funny that if you read things about Albert Pike you find the word Lucifer but if you read about the normal run of the mill Freemasonry you don't.

Although in Freemasonry you will find corruption especially with the Police and the Criminal Element. One thing I read regarding this was at the time of Jack The Ripper. Or should I say Jacks! There was more that one Jack The Ripper and they were Freemasons. Allegations of masonic corruption within the police have been rife. The Jack the Ripper murders in the East End of London in 1888 were perpetrated according to masonic ritual and a subsequent police cover-up was led by the Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, both Freemasons. There have been allegations of charges being dropped against criminal Masons by police Masons; of unfair promotions on the basis of masonic membership and not merit; of non-Masons being hounded out of the service; of livelihoods ruined; of blackmail and violence; of
discipline eroded by a system in which a Chief Superintendent, Commander or even on occasion an Assistant Chief Constable or Chief Constable can be made to kneel in submission before one of his own constables; and, in recent times, of robbery and murder planned between police and criminals at Lodge meetings.

There's loads of info on Police and Criminal cover ups to hide the fact that they were all Freemasons. A big investigation was held in the 1970's regarding Police malpractice called 'Operation Countrymen'. And again this was corrupted by Masonic Commanders within Scotland Yard.

Granted not all Freemasons are involved in Corruption. Just some elements within the Royal Political Elite seem to be up to their necks in corruption.

Obviously my Dad wasn't. But he did have contacts in 'Low' places if you know what I mean. I always thought my Dad was a 7th Degree Blue. Just goes to show what I knew back before he died in 2009. And my co-worker? Don't know what degree he is. I'll ask him later.

Sorry for going slightly off topic. For me being a non mason it's fascinating to learn about the subject and how it all ties with the world.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I am a neo-pagan. Lucifer translates as "the morning star," which is overwhelmingly associated by scholars as being the planet Venus. The Order of the Eastern Star (the Masonic sister organization) has, as their emblem, the pentacle, which is directly associated with Venus. The ancients discovered the symbol because it is the pattern made by Venus when watched from Earth.

Whether the Christian version of Satan matches that of whatever freemasonry equates with Venus, makes little difference. The fact is that there is a correlation, which is why the so-called "myth" persists. I don't know what Freemasonry's fascination with Venus is (I am not a member), but there is obviously something there. No one could possibly tell me different. I have been a neo-pagan for some fifteen years and I know my research.

I am fairly certain the pentacle is used because of a belief in Elementals, or at least the elemental principle, which the pentacle often stands for, as well as the evocation of spirits. The fascination with the pentacle (Venus) is probably also why DC was designed the way it is and why we have a Pentagon.

Coat it any way you like - the correlations are there. Anyone who knows magick and symbolism immediately recognizes them. As an eclectic neo-pagan I believe, and have always believed in truth. Why doesn't Freemasonry simply admit there is a correlation? It is one of the reasons I have rejected any idea of ever even entertaining the thought of joining! Why hide the obvious? Why not just say, "Yeah... There is something there and it is what it looks like, but this is 'our' take on it?"

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Freemasonry is Judaism for non-Jews.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And where above does the original Greek equate the phrase 'morning star' to Satan?

The Greek word, phosphorus, was used to donate the day star, not an angel.

The Word Satan is not a name. Satan is an adversary. In Greek Satan is referd to as Diabolos (slanderous, accusing falsely) . And it is related to the text i posted.

There are two who are called the morning star. Jesus and the adversary Satan. One is the morning star, the adversary Satan exalts himself as the morning star.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tedgoat

The reason that it appears is due solely to the Taxil Hoax. If you have a copy of Morals and Dogma you will not find that paragraph anywhere in the book. The entire Lucifer aspect is a fabrication by hypocritical religious fundamentalists.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
The Word Satan is not a name. Satan is an adversary. In Greek Satan is referd to as Diabolos (slanderous, accusing falsely) . And it is related to the text i posted.

Thank you for telling me the exact same thing I have been posting for over two years and two thousand posts.

There are two who are called the morning star. Jesus and the adversary Satan. One is the morning star, the adversary Satan exalts himself as the morning star.

The Hebrew usage in Job was 'heilel' which meant 'shining thing' and this was not in reference to a fallen angel as the Biblical Jews did not believe a creation of God could separate itself from God. There was no such thing as fallen angels.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The text about Albert Pike was from a paper about the Doctrine of Lucifer. I tend to agree that with you now but the latest message and information was not from the Albert Pike book.

That was from a book called "The Brotherhood" by Stephen Knight. I'm reading that one at the moment. Got a pdf version. It's pretty good and informative and my Mason colleague who has also read it confirms the information in it is mostly correct. And it does not mention Lucifer!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: spy66

Thank you for telling me the exact same thing I have been posting for over two years and two thousand posts.

The Hebrew usage in Job was 'heilel' which meant 'shining thing' and this was not in reference to a fallen angel as the Biblical Jews did not believe a creation of God could separate itself from God. There was no such thing as fallen angels.

So the Jews are the relgion of truth is that what you are saying?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I think all organized religion is bull.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I was specially referring to your first post and then subsequent comments regarding Pike.

All the Lucifer nonsense stems from lies perpetrated by religious nutters.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
In the York Rite we don't use the numbering system. A Commandery of Knights Templar confers three orders: Illustrious Order of the Red Cross, Order of Malta, and Order of the Temple.

A Chapter of Royal Arch Masons, under the American or York Rite system, confers: Mark Master, Past Master (V), Most Excellent Master, and Royal Arch. If I had to add a "of [name]" I'd say the York Rite Royal Arch is "of Zerubabel" versus the Scottish Rite's Royal Arch of Solomon.

The 3rd degree, or Master Mason, is the highest degree in Masonry. All those other degrees are just supplementary or complimentary to Ancient Craft Masonry or the Blue Lodge, not superior to it.

There's a lot of disinformation about Pike and the use of Lucifer. Nowhere in his writings does he say we worship Lucifer.

There are all sorts of theories on Jack the Ripper, the latest that it was an immigrant. No one really knows. And no, the deaths had nothing to do with Masonic ritual.

As for Masonic infiltration, England has launched several witch-hunts against Masons and it has continuously shown that Masons make up but a small percentage of the justice system. Nor have the allegations been proven to be true. For anti-Masons, you will see, if enough people make allegations and lies, they must then be true.

As for your dad, there's only 3-degrees in the Blue Lodge. In England, the appendant/concordant bodies are structured differently than in America.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: alexball
Not really.

Yeah, Stephen Knight took a great many liberties with writing his book.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat
That was from a book called "The Brotherhood" by Stephen Knight. I'm reading that one at the moment. Got a pdf version.

You should ask yourself why a book purporting to be an expose on United Kingdom Masons would find any relevance whatsoever in Albert Pike whose significance outside the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite is marginal at best.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It would appear that non-Christian religions are taking over prison populations and the incarcerated have caught on to us Masons:

Convicts who quit school in the fifth grade cited the Merovingian dynasty to demonstrate that Jimmy Hoffa simply had to go. (It’s said he learned that unions are run by Masons and became a liability. He knew too much.)

Just when I thought we had eveyrone fooled...

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There's many secrets, but only one truth and actually if one were to truly study enough, they can easily find the truth, they definitely do not worship Satan that is pretty clear, but the reason for all the secrecy is to hide a certain truth.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

Which is?.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
There's many secrets, but only one truth and actually if one were to truly study enough, they can easily find the truth, they definitely do not worship Satan that is pretty clear, but the reason for all the secrecy is to hide a certain truth.

I second Mr. Monkey's request, what is the secret?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
but the reason for all the secrecy is to hide a certain truth.

The reason for the secrecy falls within this well known acronym. MYOFB.

But I am curious to hear your interpretation of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join