It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan)

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: robhines

That's great, and you are free to believe anything you want. I just cannot look at a beautiful sunrise over the ocean and not think of how wonderful God is and how insignificant but lucky I am. Enlightenment means different things to different people. It's all about perspective. All of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sacri
Not the point of the OP, however one is just suggesting that from ones experience it is very easy to live an entire life knowing, believing, and Fully understanding something only to find out its untrue. Manipulation is easy.

In this case it is quite easy to determine the truth and only willful ignorance would lead someone to believe Lucifer is real.

I would suggest the "lucifer" experiment to be the trap of our consciousness. . Thats ones personal view.. on3

I still have no idea what this 'Lucifer experiment' happens to be.

One wants to have REAL conversation with people preferred TO as you have suggested to one before.. one does not have access to TO lodge..

Not really following you here. Can you be a bit more clear?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Please bear in mind that our rituals are for the initiates who have never seen them. While I enjoy participation in them I tend to get more out of them when contemplating the ritual, rather then being involved in the ritual.

Fair enough if so. I thought there'd be more rituals involved once you reached higher degrees, but seeing as I can't actually prove it, it's probably unwise to believe it's the case and admit that I don't actually know one way or the other.

Anyway I'll probably be off shortly as I think I'll just end up winding people up if not, and that's not my intent. Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: robhines
Fair enough if so. I thought there'd be more rituals involved once you reached higher degrees, but seeing as I can't actually prove it, it's probably unwise to believe it's the case and admit that I don't actually know one way or the other.

There are no 'higher degrees' and the three Blue Lodge rituals are the most involved. The Scottish Rite degrees are, for lack of a better word, plays, with set pieces and costumes that cover the same topics as the Blue Lodge degrees except in the form of a morality play. These plays frequently are changed with different ones being used in place of another.

Anyway I'll probably be off shortly as I think I'll just end up winding people up if not, and that's not my intent. Thanks again.

No worries. I am good. Questions are not an issue.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My post does not suggest lucifer is real. . My post suggest it is easy to misdirect and manipulate.

I will stress one is not suggesting such happens within freemasonry. . One just suggests from ones own experience it is quite easy to fall.

One wants to have an open and honest as can be conversation face to face with someone who observes TO masonry as one is really only interested in TO.

One is not trying to pry secrets or make a negative out of such experience one is just very very cautious. . As a mason that is a quality one might understand ?

Edit.

Perhaps for favor of the thread a discussion on ones view on the "lucifer" experiment will be left for another conversation

edit on 22-9-2014 by Sacri because: internet in bali is slow and one finds this format difficult

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

That's great, and you are free to believe anything you want. I just cannot look at a beautiful sunrise over the ocean and not think of how wonderful God is and how insignificant but lucky I am. Enlightenment means different things to different people. It's all about perspective. All of it.

No probs from me with that, just posted the extract to help a bit with the Buddhist take on it as well, as I don't think it's that well understood and often creates confusion.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

My post does not suggest lucifer is real. . My post suggest it is easy to misdirect and manipulate.

That was not my implication, it was in reference to those who, despite the preponderance of evidence to the contrary, choose to believe in a fictitious being.

One wants to have an open and honest as can be conversation face to face with someone who observes TO masonry as one is really only interested in TO.

Other than meeting me in person this is going to have to do. I am a member of both a regular lodge and a Traditional Observance.

One is not trying to pry secrets or make a negative out of such experience one is just very very cautious. . As a mason that is a quality one might understand ?

There really are no secrets other than the handshakes and passwords.

Perhaps for favor of the thread a discussion on ones view on the "lucifer" experiment will be left for another conversation

Well, if you are not going to explain it in detail then you really should not reference it as only you know what you are referring to when you use this phrase.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

There are no 'higher degrees' and the three Blue Lodge rituals are the most involved. The Scottish Rite degrees are, for lack of a better word, plays, with set pieces and costumes that cover the same topics as the Blue Lodge degrees except in the form of a morality play. These plays frequently are changed with different ones being used in place of another.

Ah ok. The confusion might be from reading so much about Masonry from a conspiracy angle/crappy sources I guess. Thanks again though.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No problem. Best bet is just to ask if you have anything. There is very little we cannot discuss.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

From within ones own reality tunnel the "lucifer" experiment is our duality. . Our conditioning. . Our predominant mindest of humanity..

left/right /wrong/right... reward/punishement..

Do you follow ? That is ones summerization one will happily try and explain ones

further if one requires

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

From within ones own reality tunnel the "lucifer" experiment is our duality. . Our conditioning. . Our predominant mindest of humanity..

The world is a bit more grey to me than that. I find black/white to be overly simplistic in trying explain all human nature and behavior.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What the hell makes you think you can state what or who is or isnt a god? I f i wanted to i could treat my coffee cup as if it were a god and then to me it would be a god.
2000+ posts in and your still trying to push your crap cart.
A simple fact of freemasonry, the ones that are "enlightened" dont talk. You on the other hand do a lot of talking.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lestweforget
What the hell makes you think you can state what or who is or isnt a god?

You bother reading the Original Post? Lucifer is not Supreme Being as, ignoring the obvious mistranslation, even if he were real he would have been created by God, therefore he could jot be a Supreme Being.

I f i wanted to i could treat my coffee cup as if it were a god and then to me it would be a god.
2000+ posts in and your still trying to push your crap cart.
A simple fact of freemasonry, the ones that are "enlightened" dont talk. You on the other hand do a lot of talking.

You can call a rutabaga a god for all I care, it does not make it so.

And your claims of even knowing 'simple facts' regarding Masonry is comical. You have zero understanding and this is quite obvious.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

One also agrees that there is indeed grey. The tree of life shows this through the hidden path.. one believes it is this duality that is part of the illusion. We as earthlings are preprogrammed to think in the matter of duality..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sacri

I do not know if it is a case of being preprogrammed but being a bit more open minded and tolerant of others. Not everything is as cut and dry as it may first appear.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

One is following your line of understanding. .

One sees that without this "duality" of consciousness. Tolerance and understanding just are without any effort..

General semantics suggests that our spoken word plays a huge role in the continued strengthening of the "dualistic nature" of earthlings.

One must stress on the correct context on the word "nature" above.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

One is following your line of understanding. .

One sees that without this "duality" of consciousness. Tolerance and understanding just are without any effort..

I feel tolerance and understanding do take effort. It is much easier to hastily judge and then dismiss than it is to understand and accept.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

One does readily agree with this statement. One sees that as our current conditioning. One does not believe GAOTU designed it so.

This is where one believes for the lack of better terms the "lucifer experiment" begin.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This is where one believes for the lack of better terms the "lucifer experiment" begin.

I still do not understand why you use that moniker.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I still do not understand why you use that moniker.

One would require an entire format of his own to present how one has come to understand the above in one owns reality tunnel.

One feels besides disagreement on general semantics, perhaps the underlying implications are not to far apart

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join