It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons do not worship Lucifer (or Satan)

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

The Golden Ratio is not used as a teaching element, however the 47th Problem of Euclid (The Pythagorean Theorem) is used.

edit on 26-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer since Satan drank it all

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WiseThinker
Masons who believe in the Prime Mover can also without contradiction worship Lucifer,
They are creation on 2 different levels.

Namaste.

As Masonry is monotheistic worship of anything other then the Supreme Being is not permitted and the historical Satan/Lucifer does not qualify.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Sacri
Taking into the consideration the oaths that one must undertake to protect fellow brothers, It appears uncanny that the true history could ever be revealed.

What specific part of our oaths would preclude discussing the history? Holding a Brother's confidence does not preclude discussing Masonry as a group.

The part about protecting ones brothers, and the duty towards each other.

Which version of the Bible ?

Even a change in pronunciation of certain words gives an entire new meaning to that word...

Not seeing the relevance. They are universal precepts because they translate to every language and society and are understood to be fundamental ways to philosophically lead one's life.

A slight change in sound,patterns,shape, or pronunciation can have a vast altering on a universal scale. General semantics suggests such proposals.

Linguistic relativity.

The principle of linguistic relativity holds that the structure of a language affects the ways in which its respective speakers conceptualize their world, i.e. their world view, or otherwise influences their cognitive processes. Popularly known as the Sapir–Whorf hypothesis, or Whorfianism, the principle is often defined to include two versions. The strong version says that language determines thought, and that linguistic categories limit and determine cognitive categories, while the weak version says only that linguistic categories and usage influence thought and certain kinds of non-linguistic behaviour.

A crude example is the game we have all played as children, Chinese Whispers.

By the time the riddle has been passed to the end it has changed so many times and everyone will have to look to the source of that information to confirm its validity.

Which version of the bible are the lessons taken from ?

edit on 27-8-2014 by Sacri because: added text

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Frankly, there is nothing about 'protecting ones brother', there are passages about keeping a Brother's secrets but this is preempted by our charge to obey the law. None of this precludes us from discussing Masonry as a group.

A slight change in sound,patterns,shape, or pronunciation can have a vast altering on a universal scale. General semantics suggests such proposals.

Linguistic relativity.

The principle of linguistic relativity holds that the structure of a language affects the ways in which its respective speakers conceptualize their world, i.e. their world view, or otherwise influences their cognitive processes. Popularly known as the Sapir–Whorf hypothesis, or Whorfianism, the principle is often defined to include two versions. The strong version says that language determines thought, and that linguistic categories limit and determine cognitive categories, while the weak version says only that linguistic categories and usage influence thought and certain kinds of non-linguistic behaviour.

By the time the riddle has been passed to the end it has changed so many times and everyone will have to look to the source of that information to confirm its validity

Totally irrelevant. The Golden Rule is a universal tenet whether you pronounce it one way or another. Why would it even matter how you said, 'treat others as you would be treated'?

edit on 27-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Frankly, there is nothing about 'protecting ones brother', there are passages about keeping a Brother's secrets but this is preempt end by our charge to obey the law. None of this precludes us from discussing Masonry as a group.

even past 15 ?

Linguistic relativity.

By the time the riddle has been passed to the end it has changed so many times and everyone will have to look to the source of that information to confirm its validity

Totally irrelevant. The Golden Rule is a universal tenet whether you pronounce it one way or another. Why would it even matter how you said, 'treat others as you would be treated'?

Forgive the confusion I am referring to the ritual, not the The Golden Rule

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

even past 15 ?

Sorry, I am not following this question. Can you go into more detail?

Forgive the confusion I am referring to the ritual, not the The Golden Rule

The ritual is in English and clearly states the tenets. When it speaks of Charity, for example, it uses the word 'Charity' and speaks in detail regarding this practice.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WiseThinker
Masons who believe in the Prime Mover can also without contradiction worship Lucifer,
They are creation on 2 different levels.

Namaste.

As Masonry is monotheistic worship of anything other then the Supreme Being is not permitted and the historical Satan/Lucifer does not qualify.

Does the word Lucifer appear in any Masonic Rituals or Writings and if so in which context?

Why would a fraternity or charity have any interest in this broad subject area?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eagle73over
Does the word Lucifer appear in any Masonic Rituals or Writings and if so in which context?

It does not appear in any Maosnic Ritual although there is an often misquoted passage in Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma that people diesnegenously use to attribute a belief in Lucifer to Masons.

Why would a fraternity or charity have any interest in this broad subject area?

We do not.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

This in itself is a paradox, a detailed account of the history would/could never be revealed...

Why? The history of Masonry, if known, is not something we would be prevented from discussing. I, for one, would like to be able to definitively say, but I know, without further information surfacing, not possible to say one way or the other.

Taking into the consideration the oaths that one must undertake to protect fellow brothers, It appears uncanny that the true history could ever be revealed.

They are mostly taken from the Bible, but they are universal tenets most people have already been exposed to.

Which version of the Bible ?

Even a change in pronunciation of certain words gives an entire new meaning to that word...

originally posted by: King Seesar
a reply to: Sacri

Then light and dark are colorless also by your definition, my understanding of the concept of gray is it is separate from light and dark it would not recognize them for there would be no reason hence no conflict so it would be a third force, and just exist with no understanding of light or dark....for it would not mater...

I have been thinking about this concept all morning and, would like to hear your opinion on how the macro, and micro, offshoots of neutral would act.. as above so below.. I hope your following my question..

Modalities differ when in conjunction from aka so called multitude of forces rather then there being more then two forces and the Macro Micro comparison you ask, but i will do my best to get to where i think you want to bridge the gaps between these methods......

I have to use a comparison of the TV show (of all things) Survivor, on that the show in the beginning there was only ONE way to play and that was from a infinite Macro standpoint you set up your big game plan and you follow it to a T, the player Richard Hatch created this Macro formula for winning Season one of the show around season six a player came along and crated a new formula for how to play the game his name was Rob Cesternino and he created the Micro strategy where it is not a big game plan at all but mini move after mini move, instead of thinking 10 steps ahead you live and play in the moment and make your moves there.......

Hence the Micro and Macro.... however in seasons 7 and 20 (20 was a all star edition where returning players came back) a women by the name of Sandra Diaz-Twine came on there and won the game not once BUT TWICE playing a THIRD type of strategy called neutrality, which i would call the gray strategy, she did not have either a Macro (big game plan) or a Micro (a small game plan) she simply played her own kind of game where she stayed out of the way of the Micro and Macro players taking each other out hence creating a third force........the Midro instead of Macro or Micro if you want to go there dunno....

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
4th Degree: "Cross The Line!"
5th Degree: "Aftermath!"
6th Degree: "Think About It!"
7th Degree: "Now You Know!"
8th Degree: "Stay In Your Place!"

Prince Hall Masonry...

Microcosm Esoterics...
edit on 30-8-2014 by Pinocchio because: Pinocchio never gets stars from Freemasons...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

What does this have to do with the topic?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hey all!

I just joined this great site after I searched the web and youtube about secret societies, Masonry and the Illuminati. I've seen something called Conspiracy of Silence (a cancelled documentary which was leaked) and also some documentaries about something called the X-files from Belgium about the Dutroux affair in that country (and others).

Both documentaries are a bit scary for those of us who have kids and this is why I'm writing this. I've noticed that a lot of conspiracy theorists say that these secret societies - if they exist - use pedophilia as a sort of glue to keep their members in line (so no one talks without getting into trouble themselves) and that the whole thing is being run by pedophiles in high places. They use their internal 'loyalty' to commit a lot of other crimes which are also repulsive. This is just a disgusting thought for me but can it really be true?

Do you guys believe this thing about pedophiles getting together and doing a lot of disgusting stuff? Mostly I've always thought that these sick people just commit crimes on their own. I don't want to believe in conspiracies but the documentaries make a strong case in my opinion. It sort of creeps me out. But on the other hand, I don't want to believe it is true, and have a question for experts on secret societies and conspiracies on this site:

HOW WOULD THESE PEDO CREEPS BE ABLE TO FIND EACH OTHER ANYWAY?

You get my question? If you were a pedophile (God forbid) then how would you ever get to know others? I mean, you wouldn't just say it out loud, right? If you did that to normal people then you'd probably (hopefully) get into a lot of trouble.

Does anybody have a reply to this? I hope not and that these stories about pedos in high places are just rubbish. I'll sleep a lot easier knowing that my kids are safe (from organized abuse at least) and that my tax dollars aren't going to fund the wrong people in power.

Thanks to anyone who can help me get a good night's sleep back!

Regards
Sankiro

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sankiro
I see that this is your first post on the site so welcome and enjoy, it is a very good site.
My question is how does your concerns tie into the Original Post?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If masons are not satanic, please tell me and explain to those here why all the symbols of masons include baphomet heads and pentagrams? Oh I forgot it's because evil and lucifer is just the boogey man and does not exist... righttttt. Have fun being illuminated, in hell.

theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hiasyouwant

Sweet, now we get cross thread trolling!

You get no more responses from me after this. Have a star for invoking the IGNORE function. Arguing with people like you is like arguing with a sack of rocks.

Ignorance can be fixed, blind idealogical rage (also known as stupidity) can not be.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Is my question that difficult to answer? I just want to be explained the use of satanic pentagrams and baphomet heads by masons.

This thread claims masons do not worship lucifer. It's common knowledge masons proclaim to be illuminated and seeking the light, it's also common knowledge that lucifer is known as bringer of light. If you worship something, why not embrace it instead of lying about it? These lower level self proclaimed masons here still don't even know they are worshipping lucifer. They joined a local lodge and now they have the answers to everything, now they're doing "community service" with their grandpas all the while becoming illuminated and worshiping lucifer and not even knowing it. oh well. sorry for your souls. Have fun with your brothers of light in the pits of burning eternity.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hiasyouwant
If masons are not satanic, please tell me and explain to those here why all the symbols of masons include baphomet heads and pentagrams?

There are no symbols in Masonic teaching that even remotely look like a 'Baphomet head' and the five pointed star, which is not a pentagram, is a symbol of the Eastern Star

Oh I forgot it's because evil and lucifer is just the boogey man and does not exist... righttttt. Have fun being illuminated, in hell.

Hey, if you want to believe in some Bible mistranslation-Christian-boogeyman, more power to you. I, on the other hand, will stick with reality where such fairytales do not exist.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

These lower level self proclaimed masons here still don't even know they are worshipping lucifer.

Explain in detail how someone can worship something they do not even believe in.

You are more likely to be worshipping Lucifer than I am since you are actually ignorant enough to believe in a fictitious entity.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's actually a fact that your "eastern star" is a pentagram. In fact, it's an upside down pentagram which makes it worse.

pen·ta·gram
: a shape that is like a star with five points formed by five straight lines and that is often used as a magic or religious symbol

www.merriam-webster.com...

The Order of the Eastern Star logo as shown on a porcelain cup and saucer. This form of the logo, displayed as a pentagram,

en.wikipedia.org...

Is it still not a pentagram? So why would a non satanic club copy one of their logos to be identical to a sigil of satan, AKA upside down pentagram. No matter how you spin it, your eastern star is a pentagram, with the one point facing down, suggestive of lucifer.
en.wikipedia.org...

Masons also worship to venus. The morning star, AKA lucifer. Why not embrace your lord lucifer?

edit on 10-9-2014 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's actually a fact that your "eastern star" is a pentagram.

Sorry, not 'my Eastern Star' since I am not a member. Additionally, the Eastern Star symbol is inside of a circle which makes it a pentacle. But you knew this with your vast knowledge of the occult.

Is it still not a pentagram? So why would a non satanic club copy one of their logos to be identical to a sigil of satan, AKA upside down pentagram. No matter how you spin it, your eastern star is a pentagram, with the one point facing down, suggestive of lucifer.

Or, since the Eastern Star existed long before they Church of Satan (who do not even believe in Satan) the symbology is as follows:

Adah
    Ruth
    Esther
    Martha
    Electa

Each of them is a Biblical reference so your hardcore religious nuttiness should appreciate that.

Masons also worship to venus. The morning star, AKA lucifer. Why not embrace your lord lucifer?

You tell me since you believe in Lucifer.

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join