It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain numbers in the sky (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Check the vid

www.youtube.com...

As they say, no airplane has been seen. So something else is responsible for the shapes these clouds are making. Also, they appear linear to eachother. They look like numbers. But how can they appear like this?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

Not just how but why do they appear at all? Nice find ...should be interesting.

edit on 12-9-2012 by csimon because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If it isn't a photoshopped hoax, I have no idea. It almost reminds me of some sort of binary code. I am not sure how a plane could make such things in the sky - they look like clouds. If a plane can do this, it takes some real talent. Interesting find.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

Like this maybe? on this video you can barely see the planes, and if those are already gone on your video, you won't even see a trace of them except for the smoke.

I think this look very similar, except for being only numbers and that it kind of doesn't make sense to write all those numbers there, what for?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
From the comments on YouTube:

there was 5 airplanes making that it was creepy cuz it happened during my lunch and was literally passing over my school

As for why airplanes would be writing a number sequence in the sky, I have no clue!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
See this link:

Numbers over Berkeley

If you happened to look up at around 12:40 pm today and see lots of numbers being drawn in the sky above Berkeley by a plane, you were witnessing what its creator describes as “the largest ephemeral installation ever created.”

“Pi in the Sky,” a Bay Area spectacle being put on by a team of synchronized skywriters, is part of the Zero1 Biennal, a Silicon Valley-based art gathering, and shows pi, 3.14159 and so forth a thousand places being painstakingly depicted in the sky.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Interesting.. This reminds me of the strange phone conspiracy in Colorado where lots of numers of coordinates were given when the number was called. The thread is gone now I think.

Nevermind, I guess the explanation is above my post...
edit on 12-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
OP here,

www.kickstarter.com...

Pi in the Sky will be the largest ephemeral art installation in the world, taking place in the San Francisco Bay area as well as outer space. It is scheduled to appear in the sky above the Bay Area between Sept. 12 and 16.

I guess this is it...

They say they have seen no airplane in the vid, they must be mistaken.
edit on 12-9-2012 by cyberjedi because: stupidity

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
iv also seen before the lettering of GEICO, just like that in the sky.... it was in different places, and a lot of them.

as much as it is interesting, i dont think it is anything big, just some good technology that we have now.

i saw the planes making it as i was looking in the sky as well, and it seems like they let out the mist, or smoke, or whatever at a certain time, and stop, and let it out again, in a way they are able to spell letters or numbers, or whatever..

interesting... but nothing that big

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think it can be a kind of hot invisible laser beam condensing the water particles in the atmosphere!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mauricemsps
I think it can be a kind of hot invisible laser beam condensing the water particles in the atmosphere!!

Based on what?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hi,

What you are seeing is called "Sky Typing" I saw it a month ago over Boston saying GOSOX.

Here is a link about how it works.

Best,

Gadsdenwww.skytyping.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
Check the vid

www.youtube.com...

As they say, no airplane has been seen. So something else is responsible for the shapes these clouds are making. Also, they appear linear to eachother. They look like numbers. But how can they appear like this?

Planes are there, but at very high altitude. No clue why are they making numbers, only the costumer that hire them knows.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Check the vid

www.youtube.com...

Planes are there, but at very high altitude. No clue why are they making numbers, only the costumer that hire them knows.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)
The planes are at the same altitude as the smoke in the text they write. According to the skytyping link above it's only about 10,000 feet, which is not that high...you don't even need a pressurized cabin at that altitude.

But in the case of the OP video, the plane had already finished the skytyping and left. That's why they didn't see a plane.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
On the lower left side in the video there appears to be something a minute or so in. Looks like something may be pulling a string of numbers behind it like a kite.

I read someones skytyping post above, it sounds like that is what it is.
edit on 12-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Viral marketing?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is cool. Lets say you wanted to send a secret encrypted message to your partner in crime. Your code could make sense to the masses and have a secret meaning only your partner knows. It's not hidden from prying eyes to throw suspicion on you like as if you were trying to hide the communication and got caught. It would be visible for a long distance and be seen by enough people that even if you missed it, it would be talked about. Good way to send messages to troops and confuse the enemy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's for real I was driving up 85 around 130pm and saw planes making numbers for as far as I could see, they flew over me and ended by my home with an 8

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

OP here,

www.kickstarter.com...

Pi in the Sky will be the largest ephemeral art installation in the world, taking place in the San Francisco Bay area as well as outer space. It is scheduled to appear in the sky above the Bay Area between Sept. 12 and 16.

I guess this is it...

They say they have seen no airplane in the vid, they must be mistaken.
edit on 12-9-2012 by cyberjedi because: stupidity

I told my sister that I think it's pi hella funny

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just read the comments left on youtube. that'll have your answer in it.

Its advertising and prototypes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join