It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Or. City Council to add Fluoride to City's Water Supply

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deezi
reply to post by tpsreporter

I've been considering switching to pure distilled water. Anyone know what minerals I'd be missing out on from not drinking from the tap?

btw I've drank tons of tap water ran through a Brita filter, until recently I read on a information sheet inside the Brita filter box. "we also provide a healthy amount of fluoride in our filters" kinda pissed me off cause the whole reason I was using it was to reduce the fluoride ex poser. So now I just drink straight from the tap. You just can't win these days..

DO NOT drink distilled water!!! Doing this will cause leaching of your body's needed elements like calcium, phosphorus, and Magnesium into your urine!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

We SHOULD have the right to choose. Or atleast vote on the subject. I believe it is wrong the government just decided they know best so do what we say. Especially since they have no reliable information or proof of reasoning to back it up. Even if they did, I wouldn't want it, I want my drinking water as pure as possible, which is becoming a thing of the past.

We DO have the right to choose! Its called VOTING!

Just wanted to re-enforce that concept!

edit on 12-9-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Voting in an election where the result has already been decided before a single ballot has been cast? Yeah, that has really fixed our country.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Deezi

Reverse Osmosis. Culligan is the best and completely pure. No minerals are needed in water, since you get that from food. I'm not advertising for Culligan - used to work for a faucet company and studied water testing results for years. In 5 gallon containers, Culligan is cheaper than the stuff you buy in the store like Aquafina and Dasani.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Voting in an election where the result has already been decided before a single ballot has been cast? Yeah, that has really fixed our country.

AMEN to that!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Katharos62191

We SHOULD have the right to choose. Or atleast vote on the subject. I believe it is wrong the government just decided they know best so do what we say. Especially since they have no reliable information or proof of reasoning to back it up. Even if they did, I wouldn't want it, I want my drinking water as pure as possible, which is becoming a thing of the past.

We DO have the right to choose! Its called VOTING!

Just wanted to re-enforce that concept!

edit on 12-9-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

Of course I know what voting is silly

But am I missing something? Was there a chance to vote on the introduction to fluoridation into our water? There certainly was not in my area. I feel even if I signed my named a hundred times on a ballot opposing it, it still wouldnt make a difference, or I would have done it by now!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

DO NOT drink distilled water!!! Doing this will cause leaching of your body's needed elements like calcium, phosphorus, and Magnesium into your urine!!

Are you trying to tell me that distilled water doesn't have the minerals that tap water does? Or is there some kinda effect that distilled water has on the body? Why couldn't I just take vitamin supplements while drinking distilled? Wouldn't that advert the effects? I'm curious as to what you mean by this statement.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Great idea! I don't get to eat the best in my current situation. Two decent meals a day If I'm lucky. A multivitamin would probably do me some good. I honestly feel like the only think effecting me at this moment in my life is fluoride. I feel like crap most of the time. I can't remember the last time I had a lucid dream. Chest pains and weird feelings in my head. I only drink water and try to eat the healthiest I can. Half my diet consist of raw foods. I exercise daily. (stretching and skateboarding) Is this really how a 22yo is supposed to feel? I mean I should be feeling great, but sadly I do not and fluoride seems to be the prime suspect in my case.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Exactly why I have never voted and will never vote. I just try to stay ill-informed on the entire situation. I already know to much. I'd like to go back to sleep sometime.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Of course I know what voting is silly

But am I missing something? Was there a chance to vote on the introduction to fluoridation into our water? There certainly was not in my area. I feel even if I signed my named a hundred times on a ballot opposing it, it still wouldnt make a difference, or I would have done it by now!

right! They never go out and say HEY! YOU! come down and vote on this piece of legislation that may or may not put your health at risk. You would think that this kinda thing would be top priority for all citizens of a city. This isn't the case though because you have to basically drop everything you are doing (school/work/friends) and go hang out with pure evil for awhile to be in the know. I just don't want to put myself in that sort of situation. My mind is very susceptible to new ideas. Who knows after a week there you would probably turn into the very thing you sot to get rid of.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Deezi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Thanks for that.

If I ever get settled down somewhere and save up some money this will be the first thing I look into.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deezi

Exactly why I have never voted and will never vote. I just try to stay ill-informed on the entire situation. I already know to much. I'd like to go back to sleep sometime.

Ignorance is bliss, if you are not concerned about the future of the Earth and its inhabitants.

edit on 13-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: extraneous apostrophe

top topics

<< 1   >>

join