It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEEKING MEMBER INPUT: ATS.5/3 - give your feedback -- UPDATES May 28, 2013

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Lovin' it! CANNOT WAIT for the rollout! Any new magical bells and whistles that you might be able to drop a teaser or two about?

On small screens, the menu will slide out of the way to the left, leaving a small tab at the top... tap the tab, and the menu appears. So when browsing a thread on the mobile ATS, - - - wait for it - - - there will be no interface, it gets out of the way to devote the full screen to content... but returns when you need it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I would prefer that the left-side menu be sliding/hidden with a click, leaving only a small little "tab" to click on or hover over to bring the menu back out. Liberating the left side of the screen was a major upgrade to popular web design that I think was great.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

On my page, the left side menu bar doesn't scroll down, as the right side does. Is this part of the temporary aspect of the prototype, or my page only. So far, I like it. Will take a bit of using it to feel at home with it, but it's clean and doable.

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Awesome

It looks like it would be more 'mobile friendly'.

Definitely a winner.....IMHO.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I always browse from the current 'New Topics' menu and LOVE how it functions as it stand; with New, Flagged and Responded topics side by side.

My opinion is dont fix it if it aint broke.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
I would prefer that the left-side menu be sliding/hidden with a click, leaving only a small little "tab" to click on or hover over to bring the menu back out. Liberating the left side of the screen was a major upgrade to popular web design that I think was great.

If your screen width is 1024 pixels or below, that's exactly what will happen, the menu will get out of the way while browsing content.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
My opinion is dont fix it if it aint broke.

It's broke.

The current ATS is very difficult for mobile devices... and not compliant with modern browsers and current standards.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
All of 3.5 seconds evaluation time.
Me like.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
On my page, the left side menu bar doesn't scroll down

As should happen with a persistent fixed menu such as this.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I feel for you guys. I am a mere babe in the woods and don't even try to use "smart" phones.

My concerns, and the only real reason I renewed my study of database technologies a few years ago, all have to do with the visualization of data for the purposes of finding data, communicating, and being able to "see the big picture."

I don't like the "thread" paradigm. And I don't like Google's "search results" paradigm either. And I don't like all the square regions you see on computer screens. But this is an evolving technology and we have to cope with it as best we can. If I ever think of a better way to display conversations on a computer screen, I'll let you know.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Will the left bar remain during thread browsing?

Meaning if I'm reading page 3 in thread, will it still be there?

Any plans for it being personalized in any way?

For example instead of a generic list of, say breaking news, political news, space exploration, Aliens and UFO's etc, it will list your most visited forums like myats does

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Duh...I just figured that out. Now to figure out why my lefty menu bar is huge compared to the screen cap you posted with the update. That is the reason I thought it would scroll, because I'm losing some content at the bottom of the page.

I'm sure it's my settings. Will play with them to make this boo boo go bye bye....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
I would prefer that the left-side menu be sliding/hidden with a click,

This prototype page has a more mature responsive CSS running:
www.abovetopsecret.com/ats53B.php

The "more" tab functions as you describe, and if you resize your browser window from giant to tiny, you'll see how we're repositioning/resizing the UI for different sized screens.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I really like it much more. The new one seems to make more sense to me. Not sure if I'm putting that correctly, like it's more intuitive.

Also it looks much better on my screen and seemed faster (at least in the the "demo" mode)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't care what format ATS is inn as long as i can have my daily dose
...but on a side note when are we going to be seeing an APP for smart phones ?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I like it. I think the most used buttons for me will be recent posts, forums, messages, and then profile options.

I think the new interface does that well. I would make it a drop down panel though.
The profile options could be a drop down panel from this one as well. I like the new look though. Do it.

also, IMO, it should have a window for ATS video uploads if it is ever reinstalled. Maybe a little window for ALL linked videos. If there is a way to have all videos currently being posted from YouTube, have them play here. All in all, I like it.

Nice.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
but on a side note when are we going to be seeing an APP for smart phones ?

never

However...

The new ATS will run as a web app on your smart phone, and for all practical purposes, look and run like a native app (including direct-to-ATS photo uploads from your device's camera/roll). So there will be no need to give up personal/financial info at someone's APP store to put ATS on your device.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I like the top side bar.

Can this new sidebar be toggled off? I find menus that stick to the side and follow you around annoying.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Unless I have missed it...I would love to see a NUMBER on each post within a topic for easy reference. So if I was on page 34 of a topic and I say to someone I am posting to...check out POST 45 ON PAGE 7....it would make things easier.

All and all...I have enjoyed this Board very much and it has kept me sane. The board is not 100% Hack Proof though and I know this because I was alerted by my Security Detail that some IDIOT jumped the Middle Grade Firewall that my set up has to allow tagging of those who become either just a bit too curious or because what I do...are attempting to gain info.

There is no need to worry for me as they see what we want them to see...I am a very forgiving type...but the people who are responsible for me....not so much. It ended up just being someone who was curious. But I just thought I would tell you.

I would like to thank you for this site as it has allowed me to talk about things that I never have a chance to discuss with others and it is good for my Mental Health. Because of my status and what I do...and most likely the fact I am soon to retire from one aspect of my life...I was allowed to post here. Previous to this site i was invited by the Daughter of T. Townsend Brown...famous for several things including the Philly Experiment and the current EM Manipulation System of which part of his work is responsible for. This allows the F/A-22 Raptor to have a ZERO IR-LIGHT Signature.

Unfortunately...she had other agendas and after finding out about them...I left. I attempted to give her the chance as well as her Crew to say SORRY...but sadly this did not happen. I think this is one of the things I like about this Board the MOST. Your staff has ALWAYS been kind enough to explain any issues that have come up and treated me with courtesy and professionally. When I was docked 500 points...which by the way I have no clue as to what they are for...and I asked why...they explained it to me and I then understood why I was in the wrong. At some sites...explanations are hard to come by and this breeds animosity...I was very happy in the way this was handled...so I am just letting you know they have done a fine job as far as I am concerned. THANKS AGAIN! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I can dig if the left menu bar is more aesthetically pleasing as has been the standard at ATS. I like the speed and sorting capabilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join