It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEEKING MEMBER INPUT: ATS.5/3 - give your feedback -- UPDATES May 28, 2013

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Tried it on my Ipod.

It is supposed to have that 3-d feel, I take it.

I like it. Its easier to navigate, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

We can fine tune to crystal clarity.

link   

Awesome idea and concept SkepticOverlord. But Dexter scares me.

link   
Well hell...I guess I'll be buying a tablet in the near future as my part-time job is turning into a full-time job and I'm bored snip-less during lunch.

But upon reading what other members have been saying, I hope it works out for me. I am a neanderthal after all.

At least you're trying,

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I like it, I think the entire layout loks good on my android, and the new menu bottons are sweet, I would love to be able to access the different categories more easily from the home page. The colors were all perfect, and everything seemed to be in order for my phone.

I loved the idea of so many toopics on the home page, as I never really spend much time there, as I have usually said all I have to say by the time they are on the limited topics of the home page, and usually just access them if they are from the all posts menu, as it is the easyest way right now, for me to respond to all the topics I have posted in.

I know I am nobody, but I really like the new design, you have a very good version in the works, and I can't wait to try out a full beta, or finished version.

Good work SkepticOverlord, this is why you guys are the best on the net!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After some lengthy research and offline testing, I'm zoning in on a navigation system that remains simple, yet supports flexibility.

www.abovetopsecret.com/ats53D.php

Click the thumbnail for a view of how it looks on a iPad in "portrait" orientation:

While there's much about the aesthetics of a left-side navigation to like, the reality is that modern users (especially mobile) are accustomed to horizontal navigation/menu.

This example shows the full secondary menu as how it would look on the "Top Tier" pages "above" the actual discussion board. Once inside the discussion board, it goes away to leave the simple six-item main menu.

And the "more" drop-down works when you click it (no hovers in the new ATS).

There may be some tweaks and location color coding of the main menu, but unless we see an overwhelming backlash... this is the one I like best.

Oh... and it does a neat sticky trick when you scroll.

(disclaimer: not yet tested on all browsers and mobile devices)

Only seeking comments on the User Interface and layout at this point. The primary colors of the text and background are still being compared on a range of devices for possible changes.

Im a desktop user and i think that the new set up is great i totally love it 110%
keeping the great ATS GREAT THANKS

edit on 18/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Funny enough it looks great on my 10" tablet, but not so much on my 22" monitor.

Exactly my thoughts. It's looks absolutely horrible on my large screen. I hope that design is only for the mobile version of the site.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Looks sweet, I agree with My ATS being on the main bar.

Only thing id like to mention is that breathe in effect where the words fly in from the top corner..

Cool, but i think the novelty will wear off quickly and it wont make the site as crisp.

Could I mention, there's two things i think would make the site easier to navigate.

1. In My Ats, a quick button under a thread that takes you to YOUR post. If a thread gets over run i find myself flicking page after page to see where it picked up again.

2. At the top of each thread maybe a small area, proper width, showing you the opening sentences of the OP. or maybe the entire OP post if its within a certain character limit. So people can refer to it as they type?

edit on 18-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Is that really a good idea though? I can barely tell that's an A with it cut off. You want the ATS to be loud and proud.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I Like it! I have sensitive eyes, so the pastel color scheme works for me.

The fire-hose is small, but i'm guessing that because it's just a test run? Sometimes I just like that almost never ending list of titles, a ton on one screen for more reading and less scrolling.

I wish I could have a list of threads I flagged...Or I wish knew where such a thing existed....

So anyway I LOVE YOU DEXTER!!!!!!

uhhh I mean....Thank You SkepticOverlord....Sir

edit on 18-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I like it

Simple and functional.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Of course being a Taurus I hate change - any but, It is quite good. My only comment so far is that I don't like the fact that it is way over on the left. I would prefer to see the content centred.

Ah now that is interesting. I have my browser (firefox) with the size permanently increased one notch on ATS (Ctrl+1) and that leaves a big margin all down the right side. If I revert to the 'normal' size (Ctrl+0) the screen is filled right across. My screen size is 1280 x 1024 by the way.

edit on 18/10/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I'm all for this as I mainly use the site on my Asus nexus 7.
Yeah looks good so far just make sure its not missing any features, really annoys me with Facebook mobile you can't do have the stuff

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
well with most things dealing with user interface, it can all look great, till you press that first button or turn the wrong knob heh.
looks ok to me, never really had a prob on my droid phone, other than tiny tiny words lol, not quite my 36 inch plasma monitor hehe

but if you are going to lay it out the way it is, paragraph style top to bottom, can you make it harder to get on front page? so more conspiracy news/stories come up other than someones favorite picture of fluffy, which should NEVER be front page. i dont want to have to scroll through 20 minutes of useless paragraphs to get to one or two good topics.

the only other thing you could add to make it great would be to add my pic on the front and declare me all supreme being, but other than that, its a nice design ^^

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Of course being a Taurus I hate change any but

HA i feel ya lol ^9

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Here's an idea..get rid of a few forums and gradually replace them with better ones.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I understand this change is being done to cater to the rise in mobile usage. I understand that you are attempting to make ATS uniform to all internet connection devices and moving towards the way mobiles read it is your way of doing it. That's okay I do like it, but I would like to ask a question.

There have been many requests and/or statements about the fact that the "myATS" page link is not readily available on the main bar and maybe many more that do not want to sound like a broken record that do not and because one can not star in agreement in this forum those people are not seen. People want this as a main link, myself included, yet it is still under the "+more" tab. I thought I must have missed the post in which you addressed this so I went back to all your posts to find it, only to see you have not. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it in any way, but I am asking you to address this request. If you have a reason for not putting it as a main tab please let us know, if not please move it, but ignoring the request all together is frustrating, at least to myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It would be interesting if the old gray backround and post color theme would be changed to something brighter. Gray is a color that is associated with depressive things and has a depressing feel after a while. A new splash of colors would do well I think in making this site more visually desirable for new and older members; at least color wise.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I like it. The current home page took a bit to get used to, it's a bit jumbled. This new concept is much clearer and clean. My only suggestion for the bar is to make it customizable if that's possible. And maybe for posts in addition to stars add a hoax or bias rating icon, though I suppose that has the potential to be abused and used for harassment.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I think the grey and black background colors kind of make ATS stand out from the others. It looks more professional and attractive, the standard white background is blah... compare ATS to GLP aesthetically... GLP looks like vomit next to us

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join