It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are All The Religious References In "Innocence Of Muslims" Dubbed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

WHY ARE ALL THE RELIGIOUS REFERENCES IN "INNOCENCE OF MUSLIMS" DUBBED?

www.onthemedia.org

But on further inspection I noticed something: seemingly every reference to the religion of Islam in the trailer is dubbed over in post production... Perhaps the filmmakers thought they would have a problem getting people to sign on to such a project. This is just my own theory put forth after watching the trailer, but I would be curious to know from the actors themselves.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-9-2012 by Rising Against because: Removed all caps title.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This film that has sparked so much violence after its trailer was shown on Egyptian TV, now appears to be altered in post-production with all Islamic religious references added. Apparently, the actors were not part of the overall scheme in creating a hit piece on Muslims, but the post production team was?

Read the short article to get the full idea of what happened, that has now cost four American lives, but is not what it appears to be.

Lastly, my question to ATS - how the heck did Egyptian media find this poorly made film, and why did they show it and who provided and Islamic translation from English?

Also, I'm not adding the film in this thread, you can watch it at the link.

www.onthemedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Yeah I noticed that too but was so blown away by the awfulness of the movie that I never put much thought into it. I probably figured since the movie is so bad that it makes sense that the added in new lines. The whole thing is so amateur it makes perfect sense. But now that you bring it up, why is it dubbed over? Ah, to keep the actors out of the loop.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The author of the article can identify areas where the actors say one thing but Islam is added afterwards -- I guess it is to protect them since nobody in their right mind would sign up for this project. And it's so bad quality too.

My mind tells me that because of September 11th, the government of Egypt wanted to stir up controversy and make Americans look bad (though the director claims to be Israel Jew, but now it may appear he's Egyptian Coptic Christian with family in Egypt - a whole other conspiracy of sorts). But why? Why this awful video with dubious players?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That is the worst movie I have ever seen. That people should die over something that infantile is bat # crazy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bintim

I know, it's sad that this movie - in its terrible production by someone who is not even an American - can stir up folks to murder one another.

Though it is a hit piece against Islam - especially as we know that post-production added all the inflammatory messages by dubbing over the original lines.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's an epic troll, plain and simple. And the whole world is taking the bait.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This rabbit hole is getting deeper...

www.csmonitor.com...

If you watch closely, you can see that when the actors are reading parts of the script that do not contain Islam-specific language, the audio from the sound stage is used (the audio that was recorded as the actors were simultaneously being filmed). But anytime the actors are referring to something specific to the religion (the Prophet Muhammed, the Quran, etc.) the audio recorded during filming is replaced with a poorly executed post-production dub. And if you look EVEN closer, you can see that the actors’ mouths are saying something other than what the dub is saying.

For example, at 2:53, the voiceover says “His name is Muhammed. And we can call him The Father Unknown.” In this case, the whole line is dubbed, and it appears the actor is actually saying, “His name is George (?). And we can call him The Father Unknown.” I assume the filmmakers thought they were being slick, thinking that dubbing the whole line instead of just the name would make it more seamless and less noticeable to the viewer. But once you start to look for these dubs, it’s hard to see anything else.

And Grey writes:

As the video above — cut from the YouTube video tied to a global controversy — shows, nearly all of the names in the movie's "trailer" — is a compilation of the most clumsily overdubbed moments from what is in reality an incoherent, haphazardly-edited set of scenes. Among the overdubbed words is "Mohammed," suggesting that the footage was taken from a film about something else entirely. The footage also suggests multiple video sources — there are obvious and jarring discrepancies among actors and locations... whoever made (it) may well have made use of little more than the standard editing software Final Cut Pro — far from a cast and crew of over 100 and millions of dollars.

Both make very, very convincing points (read their full posts) and if you watch the footage carefully, it's hard to escape their conclusions. In one scene a man is apparently teaching his daughter about the evils of Islam and writes on a blackboard that "Man + X = BT" as he explains to her that "Man + X = Islamic terrorist." Then he writes the equation in reverse, again intoning "Islamic terrorist" as he writes "BT."

If suspicions are right, the low-quality footage has been re-purposed from somewhere, and you'd expect someone to come forward and explain soon (since a lot of actors are involved).

edit on 9/12/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Thanks for sharing the details of this nasty little bait & switch endeavour , here's some more info:

"It wasn't based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn't anything about Mohammed or Muslims or anything," a woman with a small role in the film tells Gawker. "Now we have people dead because of a movie I was in. It makes me sick."

Source: gawker.com...

I wonder how the Egyptian media got hold of this, I mean this was on no one's radar but was designed for the purpose of causing an uproar. Maybe al Qaeda infiltrated the US, put a sleeper in California, got some bad actors to sign up for a movie called "Dessert Sleeper" then when complete, took the finished work into the studio and dubbed everything bad in. It's truly a hit job, but one that seems more and more like it was designed by someone looking to get America in trouble with the Muslim world.

The 80 cast and crew members involved in the making of the movie that has roiled much of the Islamic world said Wednesday they were "grossly misled" about its intent and expressed sorrow over the resulting violence.

Source: edition.cnn.com...

A U.S. law enforcement official says a man named Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is behind the anti-Muslim film being blamed for mob attacks on U.S. missions in Egypt, Libya and Yemen

Source: www.newser.com...

top topics

join