It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman: Embassy attack in Libya was coordinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Congressman: Embassy attack in Libya was coordinated

This article points to some "obvious" indications that the attacks on U.S. Embassies were not sporadic.

It makes sense because of the 9-11 anniversary and the ongoing U.S. presidential campaigns.

WASHINGTON - Intelligence experts and U.S. government officials are starting to view the attack in Libya that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others in Benghazi as a coordinated attack.

Congressman Mike Rogers, R-Mich., went as far Wednesday to say the attack had all the hallmarks of al-Qaida.

"This was a coordinated attack, more of a commando style event. It had both coordinated fire, direct fire, indirect fire," Rogers said following an intelligence briefing on Capitol Hill. ........

What's going on here?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
'Someone'...obviously want to keep the terror connection with that date alive and well in the public mind...buildings coming down in their own footprints at free fall speeds has proven to be too difficult to explain away when common logic is being applied...an attack by 'commandos' on a building in a foreign country is *much* less likely to attract difficult questions...and it serves it's purpose too of course.

Yes, i do see conspiracies almost everywhere...by it's very nature, an attack by whomever on an embassy had to incorporate an element of conspiracy by the perps, especially a carefully orchestrated attack.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Doesn't everyone suspect this? I do and have been ever since I found out about these attacks. Attacks on US Embassy's in multiple Middle Eastern nations set off alarms in my head. Does anyone have the the actual times each Embassy was attacked? May as well iron out the details.

I'm sure we've all seen the movie that started all of this, right? This whole affair reeeeeeeeeeeeks of a conspiracy. We're all aware that Muslims do not want their prophet depicted in any shape or form. Didn't both South Park and Family Guy get death threats from Muslim extremists? Yes, they did. So not only does this movie show you Muhammad, a major no no in Islam, but they take it a step further by completely degrading Islam and it's prophet. Adding insult to injuring, the movie is the worst I've ever seen. Reports of it costing 5 million dollars blow my mind. So understanding Islam you can understand why a Muslim would be really pissed off. This movie was clearly made to piss off Muslims. That said, it's still no excuse to retaliate with violence, especially since this movie is so bad. Wouldn't anyone with half a brain realize this, Muslim or not? Yes of course, so who are these attackers? Uneducated and easily manipulated?

This movie was a tool made with a purpose. Finding out the truth behind who made this movie is the first priority, a task I suspect will not be easy
edit on 12-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well seeing as the movie was released three months ago, and the trailer had been on YouTube since July with no fanfare. I would say that in all likelihood they are correct in that assessment. This is not the first time Muslims have protested social and political commentary of their religion. They usually last a couple weeks and end. This is however something new and I have no doubt it is an attempt by extremist Islamic groups, to raise tensions with the Libyan people. The truly sad part of that is that the fuel they used was provided for courtesy of an extremist Christan who really is no better than them.

On Wednesday, with news crews massed outside his office, he said Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton should have protected her employees better from the rioters in Libya and was to blame for the deaths of the American ambassador and three others. "I'm not responsible for the actions that they go out and do. Why would I be bothered," Klein said.

A crew member told The Times the cast and crew were told the film was to be a war drama called "Desert Warrior." In his email interview with The Times, the crew member, who asked not to be identified, said the dialogue in the trailer that makes specific attacks against Islam was re-recorded after the actors left the set. "The original actors said one word, and then the producer and editing team (whom I don't know) dubbed," he wrote. "It's unmistakable that most dubbed portions are a different voice than the original actor." A statement released on behalf of the cast and crew deplored the movie and the deaths of the four Americans in Libya. It said those involved were duped.

I feel horrible for those that were kept in the dark on how the work they put in would be used. I know I would feel terrible to wake up one morning to find out my work caused this,

'Innocence of Muslims': Mystery shrouds film's California origins

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What's going on here? There are only two options...

1. It is an actual terrorist attack of some sort.

*OR*

2. False flag

Either way, "never let a serious crisis go to waste", right?

Seriously though, I honestly can't wrap my head around what is going on here. There are so many who benefit from the instability.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I was watching the CNN coverage of this all day today.

This is being blamed on Al Queda (of course). What makes this so amusing to me is that it is admitted that Al Queda fighters, who fought US Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan was being used to oust Ghadaffi.

So why is anyone shocked?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1 embassy on 9-11 "could be a coincidence", but 2 embassies on the same day?

Premeditated murder.

People really going to say the "war of terror doesn't exist"?

People are safer now more then ever?

Al queda is "all but destroyed".

Seems too much bs is flying around people are dead which is just like every other day in Africa and the middle east for over 2000 years.
edit on 12-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

join