It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity of anti-Muslim filmmaker called into question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Now it seems that the "filmmaker" of the film that started the controversies and apparently led to the attacks on U.S. Embassies may not be "real" !!

An article by The Raw Story suggests that a ”Sam Bacile” may not actually exist !!

Perhaps this is revealing the film as a false flag of sorts ?

Well then WHO really made the film and why ?

Was this a religious conspiracy ?

Was this a political conspiracy since the SHTF on the 11th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks ?

What is the significance of the 11th anniversary (if any) ?

Perhaps we need to determine just WHO stands to benefit the most from this ?

Update (below): Film’s consultant confirms “Sam Bacile” is not real

A man who claimed he’s the creator of an anti-Muslim film that’s sparked violent protests in Libya and Egypt may not be who he says he is.

The mysterious “Sam Bacile” supposedly spoke to The Associated Press, The Wall Street Journal and The Times of Israel, claiming to be a California real estate developer and an Israeli Jew who raised $5 million for the film from 100 other nameless Jewish donors.

However, since those stories were published, several cracks in that description have emerged, and now reporters are wondering whether he even exists at all.

The WSJ reported that he’s 52, but the AP placed his age at 56. Raw Story‘s own inquiries could not find a ”Sam Bacile” linked to any California court filing, which would be highly unusual for a real estate developer. He’s also missing from U.S. genealogy databases and the major social media networks.

And yet another wrinkle: Speaking on condition of anonymity, Israeli officials told the AP that they have no record of anyone by that name. “If that is true, and ‘Bacile’ was claiming to be Jewish and to have raised money from Jews for the film, it only multiplies the incendiary nature of his project,” Religion Dispatches senior editor Sarah Posner pointed out.

Who made the film ?

I think that the 9-11-2012 attacks on TWO U.S. Embassies was a "first".

Prior embassy attacks were all "single".

related posts in related thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thankyou.

Its all over the net for hours. Whats wrong with ATS?

Seems that the CIA and Mossad think the public are morons. Seems they are correct.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well of course it isn't his real name. I don't think many people have any doubt that this film was intended to incite rage but I don't think it was a conspiracy to start riots in the Middle East though.

How many films and TV shows make fun of Jews and Christians? Family Guy blasphemes Jesus on several episodes but I don't think it is done in hopes that some nut case will go kill people.

The film was obviously made by someone that has a small mind, and no love for mankind. Hate drives these types of people. I am sure the riots was only a bonus for him.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The questions we should all be asking....

Why hasn't the West heard of this movie before now, if it has Muslims in such a state of outrage?

Shouldn't some news organization have highlighted it before this incident?

Who made the movie?

Who funded it?

Why?

Who benefits from the chaos?

edit on 9/12/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Did somebody say false flag

I certainly am not...or am I. Interesting find

This seems all to coincidental, and we as conspiracy theorists love coincidences

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
OR...

He's a coward who knew he would inflame people and is hiding his identity, allowing innocent people to take his punches for him.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Lol if you were going to do something that you know will cause riots and death-threats.... would you put your real name on it? Hell, I won't even use my real name here.

My guess is that it wasn't just one guy but a group of people who decided it needed to be made for whatever reason.

I guess I could see it being some government thing buuuut.... I'm not buying it until we invade somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Don't people write under an assumed name?

Richard Baucman/Stephen king?

Js

Not that I am sticking up for the author....this whole thing stinks...! Btw...if it was to be shown here...how did Libya get the movie? I haven't investigated the particulars...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That was my first thought upon seeing a few clips from the film!

The person who made it is NOT a filmmaker. I went to film school and graduated with a film degree. I have seen all kinds of horrible student films, but this film isn't even CLOSE to using some of even the most basic filming techniques.

And $5 million for this film, seriously? From the few clips i've seen, more than half of it is filmed on a green screen, they hired no one to edit sound, the film editor did a horrible job too and they didn't hire any decent actors. I could make this film for under $500, easily.
The sound quality was one of the first signs that this was not produced by someone who is familiar with how to make movies.

It wreaks (imho) of government officials who are trying to cause trouble.

Again, this film was NOT made by a 'filmmaker' with the intentions of just being a goofy 'film.'

(Of course this is all my speculation. But i'm glad that you've brought it up too, because it was my first thoughts.)
edit on 12-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Interesting Xue....Who would benefit most from instigating attacks and violence against the US just prior to elections? Mitt Romney aparently had a statement all ready to go criticizing the Presidents response and preparedness...?

I will start tracking Bacile down...but I am sure the CIA has found him already...phone records, calls to the papers, and the dozen or so folks that are known to have contributed to the film. Will be interesting to see where it leads.

I just called a man named Steve Klein -- a self-described militant Christian activist in Riverside, California (whose actual business, he said, is in selling "hard-to-place home insurance"), who has been described in multiple media accounts as a consultant to the film.

Klein told me that Bacile, the producer of the film, is not Israeli, and most likely not Jewish, as has been reported, and that the name is, in fact, a pseudonym.

. . . I asked him who he thought Sam Bacile was. He said that there are about 15 people associated with the making of the film, "Nobody is anything but an active American citizen. They're from Syria, Turkey, Pakistan, they're some that are from Egypt. Some are Copts but the vast majority are Evangelical."

That's really interesting to me, because I just watched the beginning of the . . . well, let's call it a "film", for want of a better word. My first thought was, "Wow, everyone in the movie is clearly of western European descent, but boy, do they have great tans." Then I realized that the makers of the "film" had tried to make the pasty, Caucasian actors look Arab by slathering a little Black Opal Truly Topaz on most of the exposed skin. (There are gaps).

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
That was my first thought upon seeing a few clips from the film!

The person who made it is NOT a filmmaker. I went to film school and graduated with a film degree. I have seen all kinds of horrible student films, but this film isn't even CLOSE to using some of even the most basic filming techniques.

And $5 million for this film, seriously?

It wreaks (imho) of government officials who are trying to cause trouble.

Again, this film was NOT made by a 'filmmaker' with the intentions of just being a goofy 'film.'

(Of course this is all my speculation. But i'm glad that you've brought it up too, because it was my first thoughts.)
edit on 12-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

And they didn't hire anyone else to do it for them because as soon as anything went down those hired could point back to the true people behind the film. meanwhile they just pocket the cash. I just saw another guy who was a film backer on cnn. He was in Vietnam, his son was in Iraq, and he is working in some civilian capacity for the Army.

This is looking real sketchy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
These people are mad and they will surely get to the bottom of who what, when, why, how.

Nothing will stir a quest for truth and justice than to piss off the internet.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for posting this Xuenchen

As soon as I woke up this morning and heard the news and the possible link with this movie, I went and did some of my own research (not that much) and thought this was very fishy from the very get go.

I have refrained from voicing some of my opinions since they were nothing more than speculation derived from some scattered brainstorming but this article strengthens some of the ideas that came into my head.

This certainly has some type of conspiracy behind it, and it seems who ever it was that actually funded and produced this film has perhaps succeeded in their goals. There may be a whole lot of backlash due to this morning's events and now they are trying to say it might have been "a planned attack to celebrate the 911 attacks from 2001". Here is a link to that story just in case if you haven't seen it yet...

The Obama administration, roiled by the first killing of a U.S. ambassador in more than 30 years, is investigating whether the assault on the U.S. consulate in Libya was a planned terrorist strike to mark the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and not a spontaneous mob enraged over an anti-Islam YouTube video.

www.newsday.com...

This whole event has my conspiracy spidey senses tingling

ETA:

I just saw your other thread discussing the possible 911 connection on the new topics thread so you obviously have seen the information I posted about this. Sorry if I was redundant.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Meet The Right-Wing Extremist Behind Anti-Muslim Film That Sparked Deadly Riots
maxblumenthal.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What are you trying to imply mr. fox who out foxes other fox?

In your opinion, is radical Islam - I.e Islamism, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, and by extension, the governments of Egypt, Iran, and elsewhere, who worship a God synonymous with pure will - not an issue for western civilization???

Why do you presume some conspiracy when Islamic terrorism is an already established fact? When Islamists have already killed those they feel 'disrespected' Islam or their prophet? Just look at what the opposition in Syria - Islamists - are doing to the Christians in that country.

Why do you posit some conspiracy, when the simple fact seems to suffice as an explanation?

Instead of questioning the motive of the article, you immediately give it credence, as if there couldn't be a conspiratorial motive behind the article itself.
edit on 12-9-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sam bacile becomes imbecile?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Some Imbecile
So Imbecile

Good call!

edit on 12-9-2012 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think this attack has something to do with obama denying a meeting with netanyahu. If the globalists control al qaeda then this embassy attack could easily be staged. Political pressure on Obama for not being more bloodthirsty when it comes to iran.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Or an anagram of the name could be --

blames cia - sam bacile

Just throwing it out there for fun.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Lol if you were going to do something that you know will cause riots and death-threats..

It's his right to be able to say these things without the threat of violence..

How can you possibly tell the future in that regard?

If I say X, people will react Y.
The blame should not be on the man for creating the video, but the reaction of the people offended by it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join