It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Steps Deep Into It Over Libyan Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
I read the article, I'm confused ...

The Romney campaign drew fire on Wednesday morning for issuing a blistering statement condemning the American embassy in Egypt for speaking against an incendiary anti-Muslim film, even though the embassy made the statement before any attacks had taken place.

So, Romney condemned the American embassy for condemning the film?

Condemning the film and not the attack on the embassy...Basically for apologizing for our belief in free speech.
What Romney is saying is we should stand up for our beliefs and not apologize to those that believe differently.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

What Romney is saying is we should stand up for our beliefs and not apologize to those that believe differently.

Unless those beliefs are atheism. Romney couldn't stop talking about the lack of religion in the Democrat platform.

So, it's basically stand up for Romney's beliefs.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Unless those beliefs are atheism. Romney couldn't stop talking about the lack of religion in the Democrat platform.

So, it's basically stand up for Romney's beliefs.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Kaploink because: meh

Even atheism is a religion if you think about it. They "believe" or have "faith" that God doesn't exist, they can't prove their beliefs just as Christians or Muslims can't prove their beliefs. So Atheism is also a religion so Romney defends them too.
Besides, I haven't heard him speak against atheist so you can't put words in his mouth.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I am not partisan in any way, but i have to call you out on a Romney hit piece coming from the HuffPo. Might as well get Michelle Obama to release it for all the validity it has.

This whole embassy bombing is a farce. How can a people be so simple minded as to have them under the direction of violence by their religious leaders?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Romney is a complete tool.

But I agree with him whole heartedly on this. If all the Muslims want is an apology, it shows that they are child like in their thinking. What the hell does an apology do, especially when you demand apologies from 300million people that are wholly unrelated to whatever it is that you are apologizing for?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

You don't have to "believe" there is no god. It doesn't take faith to do so. How can you prove a "lack of belief" in something they claim doesn't exist?

I never understood that argument...it's silly. But watch this video. It explains it better than I could.

edit on 12-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The muslims only want an apology from one person...and he gave it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So once again Romney shows his complete lack of understanding of Foreign Affairs.

And this time even his own party and running mate disagrees with him

Now is “a time for healing,” Ryan (R-Wis.) told a crowd in De Pere, Wis., during a campaign stop. He made no criticism of Obama in his remarks.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) added in a separate statement that, “These attacks will not deter America from continuing to promote peace, democracy, individual and religious freedom and an unwavering respect for human life throughout the region and the world.”

Even Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Joseph I. Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) — a troika that regularly critiques the Obama administration’s foreign policy — urged Obama to continue supporting democracy efforts in Libya and Egypt.

GOP leaders less critical than Mitt Romney in response to Libya attack

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Not really. I will vote FOR Romney and be glad that it is a vote against Obama.
I think Romney can do this thing and I KNOW Obama can't... or won't.

Are you gonna pay for my share of the war with Iran???

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The muslims only want an apology from one person...and he gave it.

So they stopped rioting?

And i guess that the blood that was spilled for that apology was well invested then, huh?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Not really. I will vote FOR Romney and be glad that it is a vote against Obama.
I think Romney can do this thing and I KNOW Obama can't... or won't.

Are you gonna pay for my share of the war with Iran???

I will write you a check tonight. But first I need one from you paying for my share of Obamacare.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It absolutely horrifies me that we are apologizing to people who KILLED OUR AMBASSADOR. They deserve no apology. We shouldn't feel bad for our freedom of speech while we watch them burn our flags and kill our people.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think Romney will get a much more positive response than you seem to want to give him credit for.
At least he has some input other than sitting on his ass and making apologies for the U.S.
Obama is totally overwhelmed by this and it shows his lack of experience.
Personally, I think we should develop our own resources, shut the borders to unfriendly nations, cut off all funding, and leave these people to themselves. They deserve each other.

Rand Paul makes more sense than his father here but at least Romney has a position other than "present."

Romney had no idea what that embassy statement was designed to accomplish - it was made BEFORE the attack happened and was aimed at calming the craziness down. Romney has no idea that (1) the statement was what a foreign embassy does if trouble is brewing due to some private sector idiot's doing something to piss off mobs in the host nation, and (2) that weird movie isn't a reflection of "American values". At least, it's not reflective of the values of a majority of the American citizenry. Have you seen this stupid film? It's like a parody, and if anyone were to ever put out a movie about Jesus that was as inane and insulting as this one, the Evangelical protests would be unbelievable - that is, if anyone in this nation were to ever allow it to be shown anywhere.

Romney's position?

It's a position, but....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
It absolutely horrifies me that we are apologizing to people who KILLED OUR AMBASSADOR. They deserve no apology. We shouldn't feel bad for our freedom of speech while we watch them burn our flags and kill our people.

No one ever apologized to anyone that had killed anyone. That apology was for the jerk's movie and was made before any attack happened. Not that your news source will ever make that clear to you. The professional political punditry has a term they use for FoxNEWS watchers - low-information voters. The entire world smiles and rolls its eyes behind your back. Maybe it's not compassionate to let you in on that, but if it were me, I'd want to know.

Romney thinks it's okay to lie even after his lie has been exposed, because he thinks that you're an idiot.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I am not partisan in any way, but i have to call you out on a Romney hit piece coming from the HuffPo. Might as well get Michelle Obama to release it for all the validity it has.

This whole embassy bombing is a farce. How can a people be so simple minded as to have them under the direction of violence by their religious leaders?

Romney's criticism was about an embassy attempt to quell the building tensions on-site, and was very well established protocol if what is freaking the crowd out is something that's NOT associated with the official policy of this nation. The WH is not even involved at that level of decision making, and Romney never even bothered to research how that sort of response to an imminent security issue works before blasting to the news agencies as a presidential candidate. Not only that, but the Libyan embassy wasn't the embassy that issued the statement, it was the Egyptian embassy. It was the Libyan embassy where the deaths occurred. Not the Egyptian embassy.

Romney's been - again - trying to "fix" his idiotic statement last night by simply piling on lies about what the WH did, when the truth is easy enough to determine that it was the diplomatic corp bureaucrats in Egypt, following protocol, who "apologized" for the twisted little film that some idiot in CA shot and put up on YouTube. The WH wasn't involved in any statement apologizing for anything, and the truth of that is really easy to prove by simply doing a couple minutes of Googling. It's making him look even worse as this day progresses.
edit on 9/12/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As long as the US thinks it can tell and then force the world to act as it dictates, these actions are going to continue. The average american can believe in this policy for whatever reason but the last 10 years show that it is not going to work. The decades before even add more supporting evidence to it.

It just insanity for the US to think that bombing and policing the world is going to work in it's favor.

Any bet that the weapons of mass destruction have already been moved over the border into the US and someone is waiting for a go to be declared.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

We did not. You are as confused as Romney. The Egyptian embassy said before the attacks that they condemned the film for trying to make Muslims look bad just like they condem anything that targets a any relgion. Thats about it. Romney confused or just not caring started his own little rant. Then the press and many in the GOP leasedrship said he was wrong in not only the facts but for doing it at all. Of course we now know that the terrorists attacked the consulate using the protest as a diversion. So in the attack had nothing to do with protest or the movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It would seem to me that, being a part of the Secretary of State's "Department of State", our ambassadors speak directly to the people of foreign lands with the authority of the White House. I think it is a matter of semantics.

Regardless, I have little skin in this game. I find both candidates repulsive (really Romney? As a Republican you passed Romney Care AND an assault weapons ban in your homestate?) I am only pointing out that if you are trying to sway opinion, the HuffPo won't do it. All HuffPo will do is allow like minded people to back clap over the conversation it provokes. Absolutely no conservative, and just about no moderate/undecided voter will give any credence to the HuffPo any more than they would MSNBC. It is like Fox, only from the "other side"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Most real Americans are disgusted with the MSM. They would have very little good to say about Romney or any Republican...... The fact you would even bring this up kind of tells a little about where you stand.
I wold be worried if the MSM spoke well of him..... Means something is not right with the guy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22

Most real Americans are disgusted with the MSM. They would have very little good to say about Romney or any Republican...... The fact you would even bring this up kind of tells a little about where you stand.
I wold be worried if the MSM spoke well of him..... Means something is not right with the guy.

I don't like effed up political weirdness, and I don't care who pulls it. I don't mind admitting that I like Obama, but my focus is primarily on theoretical physics and metaphysics, so it's not as if I'm shilling for any side or the other with this. I just found Romney's antics to be disgusting and I don't hate Obama enough to excuse it. If anyone was lying about me like that, I'd dust him up with extreme prejudice. Screw that. I hate liars. Especially cheap obvious liars who don't even respect anyone else enough to be good at lying to their face. I've had my fill of upper management types and how much they enjoy lying right to those positioned beneath them and not even trying to hide the lies. Hell, they get used to being bulletproof and like it when you know that they're lying right at you but you can't do anything at all about it. Romney stinks of that kind of disdain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join