It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

By Sam Fellman - Staff writer
Posted: Tuesday Sep 11, 2012 17:16:10 EDT
www.navytimes.com...

Even the Russians are reporting this mistake:
en.ria.ru...

Here's a bigger view of the DNC displayed photo:
www.navytimes.com...

Here's a typical Russian navy cruiser.
sevastopol.russian-women.net...

Here's a modern US Navy cruiser [Ticonderoga class -- All 22 Navy cruisers are Ticonderoga-class vessels]:
static.ddmcdn.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Obama's team did it again.
Seems they can't get anything right.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

really? i'd like to know what military personnel gave those pictures to the DNC...to think that the DNC deliberately knew that the ships were russian is silly....they obviously trusted someone in the military to obtain those pictures.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

If true, then it shows what our military things of their Dear Leader doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Nite_wing

really? i'd like to know what military personnel gave those pictures to the DNC...to think that the DNC deliberately knew that the ships were russian is silly....they obviously trusted someone in the military to obtain those pictures.

Why would they have to go to the military to find footage or images of that type? Ever hear of Google? And if you are implying they went to someone on active duty, wouldnt such a person face all kinds of issues since they are supposed to avoid campaigning?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Smart bunch!

I love the level of due dilligence prevalent in the "Democrat" party. From properly vetting their candidates, flashing their "Weiners" to proudly supporting the military that most matches their current ideals.

And the Republicans, no different really.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just saw this and was outraged by the stupidity, or was it? Is this yet another sign that America is in great distress? It almost lends credence to the rumors of the Russians having planted themselves here by the tens of thousands as if making ready for an infiltration of some kind.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Just saw this and was outraged by the stupidity, or was it? Is this yet another sign that America is in great distress? It almost lends credence to the rumors of the Russians having planted themselves here by the tens of thousands as if making ready for an infiltration of some kind.

Right, cause when intellectuals flee a totalitarian corrupt state that imprisons protesting performers(Pussy Riot, though there are more I am sure), seizes the assets of any wealthy individual who refuses to play by their rules(too many to list), and does everything possible to deter political candidates who would usurp their power(Kasparov, and too many more to list)... These immigrants are only here to spy on us of course! We should deport anyone with an eastern European accent!

Please note, my location is listed as Wroclaw, Poland, but I am an American... Who by your logic is here to spy on our staunch NATO ally. Russians infiltrating our society, hah! If you could find just ONE recent Russian expat who says he supports Putin(Now that he can say so without fear) I would be amazed!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well unless the 24 year old computer geek tasked with running convention graphics is running for President...this seems a bit trivial.

More so if you consider that the error was made during a tribute to the military and vets at the DNC convention and the RNC convention made NO mention of Vets, our troops...nada, nothing.

Regardless of why he failed to specifically praise U.S. troops, Romney's explanation makes him sound like an as&*((.

ROMNEY on why he didn't mention the troops:
When you give a speech you don't go through a laundry list. You talk about the things that you think are important

gawker.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join