It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man slicing open a dragon (pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Julio

Not to mention the cleaver is at the bottom of the cut, implying that he PUSHED the knife. That's not generally how you cut something open. There's always some sort of pulling involved, unless you're taking the easy way out. But anyone who is trained in butchering animals would have learned to do it that way.

Fake, fake, fake...he could have at least TRIED to fool us...
edit on 12-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

That and the fact that the cleaver looks like its made out of Paper mache. The way he seems to hold it indicates it may just be made out of flexible material. No way a cleaver looks that dull

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you look at the bucket, you can see that the snake-thingy appears to have gotten "excited"...

Joking aside, what IS that in the bucket?!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
If you look at the bucket, you can see that the snake-thingy appears to have gotten "excited"...

Joking aside, what IS that in the bucket?!

Pretty sure that's just his other foot at a phallic angle. Hahaha

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

They can be quite dull looking. I have a collection of cleavers, from antique to ultra modern. It depends on the metal they are made of. Some I have to keep oiled even though in storage, to keep them from potting and rusting. Highly polished high quality stainless steel ones, nope those stay nice and shiny. Some of the old ones are dark, mottled, and pitted from time and wear.

Des

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't think it is real but it looks cool.

Reasons I don't think it is real:
1. If this guy had found a living dragon I do not think he would have killed it. Imagine the fame and fortune you could make touring the world showing off a living dragon.

2. If he found it dead why would he dissect it?

Then again maybe he ate it in order to obtain superhuman powers....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Nice silicon and foam molded model. It was a nice touch him adding the hair, that takes a long time to do right. But the neck seems to be a little stiff. Maybe he should have used a coated braided wire for the frame. But I guess if you want to bend it in any shape you want and you need it to hold that shape for a good shot, wire would make since.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We are at a stage where anything can be easily made to look real (in a still image) by someone with basic photoshop skills. Experts can create realistic video at this point as well.

Remember "pics or it didn't happen" ??? Soon you'll only be able to trust what you see with your own eyes ... even then you can't be 100% sure!
edit on 9/12/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nice.
Even though there's 99% chance this is fake, By a raise a hands who wished it was real upon first sight.

To a few want to be debunkers out there.. The chinese dragon is often depicted without wings and most can still fly..Dragon = Magic if you got yourself a fantasy creature why not give it the works

As for the cleaver comment.. Sorry you are wrong. I have Hmong neighbors Nicest people in the world. Bought the old Man a Electric Flaying Knife last year. Its still in the box. He grew up using a cleaver and cuts everything with it.
When your raised to do something one way It becomes second nature. To us trying to cut open a fish or even snake would seem moronic without a flaying knife. For those who were born into it. Well it's not hard.

The dragon does look like a perfect replica. accept as far a I can tell It a mix between a Typhoon dragon and a Carp dragon. Course I have never seen any depictions of baby dragons of either type so maybe thats why the coloring off. Maybe a Typhoon dragon is carp colored whens its young.

As far as walking goes. One must remember the culture. These dragons would often float in the air. They were big ito swimming as well. They were not restricted to the ground. so prolly didn't have to worry about a draggin belly.... Just saying..

Therian

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It has no wings!!! *Facepalm*

lol

it doesn't need Wings
wings are for birds

en.wikipedia.org...

*Facepalm*

lol
have one of mine

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

If this is real then you can bet that poor Dawg is on the guys next dinner menu.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Are these creatures not worshiped like gods in Asian culture? Photos make no sense if it were real.

Creature doesn't even look real at all, to me. Looks like it's made out of rubber and plastic. Like one of those squishy dinosaurs you can buy at the toy shoppe.

From one of the OP's sources.

"Commenters online in China are quick to point out that the photos are either digitally manipulated or feature a dragon toy."

I translated the original source with google chrome, some of the comments are really funny!
edit on 12-9-2012 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by MmmPie because: forgot a word!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

NO GLOVES?! amazing that the human can hold such a supposed creature. Cannot say its a fake but dont doubt it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Can't remember the name of that artist, but he/she has made a few crypto creatures like this, I'd be willing to wager that he/she is behind this too
Dr Takeshi Yamada is the artist I'm thinking of, I'm betting he is behind it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It has no wings!!! *Facepalm*

Asian Dragons aren't meant to have wings *facepalm*

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

So they magically levitate then..........Of course they do.
And if they don't magically levitate then my original argument still stands that they cannot walk either, And even it was a water based creature what would be its need for feet, given the fact that outside the water it could not support it's own weight and that in water it's claws would have no viable use.

Completely illogical.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by daaskapital

So they magically levitate then..........Of course they do.
And if they don't magically levitate then my original argument still stands that they cannot walk either, And even it was a water based creature what would be its need for feet, given the fact that outside the water it could not support it's own weight and that in water it's claws would have no viable use.

Completely illogical.

Type "Chinese dragon" into Google pics.

Count how many have wings, and how many don't.

This originated in china according to the article, so with this and his appearance its likely the man is Chinese.

edit on 12-9-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So, you're 99% sure it's fake, OP? So...why'd you post it? The more perplexing part, is why you analyzed it so "thoroughly." I guess this is better than half the posts calling for war, today.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg
So, you're 99% sure it's fake, OP? So...why'd you post it? The more perplexing part, is why you analyzed it so "thoroughly." I guess this is better than half the posts calling for war, today.

Easy there, champ. I thought it was interesting and half wanted someone to prove me wrong.

I'm just one guy, one opinion. Just because I'm 99% sure it's fake, doesn't mean someone can't come along and slap me in the face with more evidence for it's existence.

I just like to keep an open mind is all.
edit on 9/12/2012 by Julio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think it's interesting and will hold out for this being real until it's proven fake.

In the 1800's panda bears were thought to be a myth. Stories of a black and white bear that moved slowly and ate vegetables - that no one could seem to catch were laughed at. It wasn't until many years later someone saw the skin and furs of one hanging up in a chinese shop that they started to look for them in earnest. It took over 60 years before they finally found one and to this day they are very hard to find and catch - there have only been a few in captivity - and we KNOW where they live.

Also consider the tons of ATS threads we have had over the years that show newly previously undiscovered creatures. There are animals that are so alien like they will blow your mind. Many of these are from China and they have known about these for centuries, but the western world was never told of them.
edit on 12-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

You'll also notice, if you look closely, that the creature is completely stiff. It is in the exact same position in both pictures, just turned some. The head, tail, and claws are all in exactly the same position.

Screams fake to me.

Edit: I suppose this could be attributed to rigor mortis. But it still seems a bit too stiff for even that to me. The weight of the body should cause some movement and alteration of it's spinal curve when it's moved, but it doesn't.
edit on 12-9-2012 by BriggsBU because: More info

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join