It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man slicing open a dragon (pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Okay, so I thought I'd share this. Some people think it's a snake they dressed up, which is believable.

Here's the article on Kotaku
kotaku.com... lflow

And here's the original source I believe:
tt.mop.com...

My opinion on this? I highly doubt it's a snake. I own a corn snake, and like most snakes, the eyes are more to the center of the head, and not so far back.

If this is an actual creature...
- I don't really see why it would evolve such a long neck, especially since the tail is so small and thin. It would be horribly unbalanced, or have to have strong neck/back muscles to hold it's head up.

- There are no reptiles that I know of with fur (geckos have tiny hairs on their feet for sticking to things, but that's considerably different than the mammal-like hair in the image).

-if this was real, if anything I'd say it's the descendant of some sort of dinosaur, as claws are more bird-like than reptilian.

-I don't see the purpose of an animal like that growing horns, unless they are vestigial and the only use is to impress females or something

Anywho, if it's fake (99% sure it is...) they did a really good job of recreating the classic Chinese dragon

Post your thoughts!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Can't remember the name of that artist, but he/she has made a few crypto creatures like this, I'd be willing to wager that he/she is behind this too

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

More than likely a snake.

Still very cool to see.

Next up Bigfoot (Gorilla) dissection vid!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

You are kidding right? Two photos of a badly constructed toy dragon and people start questioning if they exist

It's not even that realistic for gods sake!

How could a animal with such a limber skeletal structure walk of those legs i ask you, It's stomach would drag on the ground, it's less than 1/4 the size of a dachshund and twice the length!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Julio

You are kidding right? Two photos of a badly constructed toy dragon and people start questioning if they exist

It's not even that realistic for gods sake!

How could a animal with such a limber skeletal structure walk of those legs i ask you, It's stomach would drag on the ground, it's less than 1/4 the size of a dachshund and twice the length!

Check my original post, trust me I questioned a lot of things. I also don't think it's completely unbelievable that a dragon species like this similar could exist. I just think it would have to be much smaller and lighter, similar to an anole, because like you said, the stomach thing.

I would also disagree that it's badly constructed...Other than the horns, it looks pretty realistic.

EDIT: Also, grass tail lizards have strangely proportioned body parts.

edit on 9/12/2012 by Julio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah... Looks pretty fake...

Not sure where to begin. It's just so bad.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It looks very realistic, thats for sure. However, Im concerned about the lack of blood coming out. If this thing is being dissected with what seems to be a decent sized blade, there should defnitely be blood spilling all over the bucket.

If its a hoax, thats a key feature they overlooked.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Question why no blood. Every time I have gutted a fish there was plenty of blood. Also, why not use a fillet knife or something more suited for the job than a cleaver. Cleavers chop not cut or slice.

Nice fake though, but thats all it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Question why no blood. Every time I have gutted a fish there was plenty of blood. Also, why not use a fillet knife or something more suited for the job than a cleaver. Cleavers chop not cut or slice.

Nice fake though, but thats all it is.

Yeah, just noticed the cleaver. Makes no sense at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah, it's probably fake. The head gives it away.

"Oh look, a dragon. Lets cut it open."

Lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Mother Dragon will be pissed !
if this guy vanish one night dont be surprise

It really look cute fake or not
why do people always kill everything that move
there is so many cryptid that were killed just for money or their meat

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Let's hope his dad doesnt come looking for him...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
Yeah, it's probably fake. The head gives it away.

"Oh look, a dragon. Lets cut it open."

Lol.

lol
and if that were a real dragon
its mom wont be too happy about drake jr being sliced open

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Julio

How could a animal with such a limber skeletal structure walk of those legs i ask you, It's stomach would drag on the ground,...

not if its meant to fly it wont

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It has no wings!!! *Facepalm*

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well thats kinda the thing, dead things dont bleed after a bit. Even people.

Living things bleed like crazy when you slice and dice 'em.

But if you had a real dragon even a dead one would you really gut it and cook it up for supper?

Doubt it, you could sell it and you story and eat well for the rest of your life.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

An asian cutting open a model of an asian-style dragon...why am I not surprised at this coincidence?

Surely if a dragon were to exist, it would blow us away by being completely unlike any dragon we've imagined to date. Isn't that how it always happens?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Little Sparky down on the bottom left seems to want whatever it is. The head looks fake, but, the 2 photos do show the tongue hanging out. Good job of making something to show how stupid human beings can be.

"oh look...something never seen before...let's kill it"....

Des

edit on 12-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Not to mention the cleaver is at the bottom of the cut, implying that he PUSHED the knife. That's not generally how you cut something open. There's always some sort of pulling involved, unless you're taking the easy way out. But anyone who is trained in butchering animals would have learned to do it that way.

Fake, fake, fake...he could have at least TRIED to fool us...
edit on 12-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It has no wings!!! *Facepalm*

Some species like the Knucker have no wings...

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join