It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Call On Afghans To Fight Against Americans Over Mohammed Film…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This is the hypocrisy of the Muslim approach. They demand that we acknowledge their culture, etc, and show it respect. In return, however, they refuse to do the same for us. Not only is it asinine to think and entire 300 million people are responsible for the speech of a few individuals, but they also believe that we should stifle a core of our own culture: free speech.

Perhaps if they do not appreciate our free speech, they should ignore what we say? In this way we can have them feeling that their religion isn't under attack, and we can continue exercising our free speech.

Otherwise, there is no end game other than annhilation. We will not stifle free speech, they will not ignore our free speech and will want to fight about it. It isn't provocation to say something unless you tap them on the shoulder before you say it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We can't be surprised by the reaction from Muslims.
That would be like releasing a movie in Charlotte
NC of a man who looks like Arafat peeing on a Dale Earnhardt's
grave.Of course they are gonna be mad as hell.

The question is motive. Why now?
Trying to start a new holy war is a big deal.
Its so incredibly irresponsible. This was on purpose
And designed to happen right now. And of course the
Koran burning preacher Terry Jones is involved.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I don't blame the person who exercises their right to free speech, even if that speech is unsavory. "While I do not agree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it".

I cannot help small minded and insecure people who constantly feel that the world is attacking them and their religion. But I certainly can help someone who has spoken their mind and is now under threat of death for it. Even if that person is a total a-hole.

While growing up the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones" was a popular lesson taught to us by our elders. It would seem to be a good lesson to export to a few Middle Eastern nations.
edit on 12-9-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Wednesday the Taliban called on the Afghans to take revenge against the Americans for this anti-Mohammed movie.

Yep, the Taliban are wanting to kill Americans over a Dutch movie. That makes sense for them, I guess. Any reason to kill Americans and somehow make sure it's America's fault.

Buncha retards.

Our troops need to get of of Afghanistan right now! This movie debacle is going to get them slaughtered.

Slaughtered? Nah. I am interested in seeing the Taliban body count, because a lot of them will be filling bodybags soon.

I have a bad feeling that there will be no resolution to this situation. The Muslims do not want an apology. They want those responsible for this movie to be held accountable. Since they cannot make this happen, they are exacting punishment by killing as many Americans as possible. Sorry to say: "Where will it end?" I don't see this vengeance ever being satisfied.

Just another shining example of how the Taliban and their "religion of peace" work.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We should never have apologized for THEIR extremism. What a way to make America look weak.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by sealing

I don't blame the person who exercises their right to free speech, even if that speech is unsavory. "While I do not agree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it".

I cannot help small minded and insecure people who constantly feel that the world is attacking them and their religion. But I certainly can help someone who has spoken their mind and is now under threat of death for it. Even if that person is a total a-hole.

While growing up the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones" was a popular lesson taught to us by our elders. It would seem to be a good lesson to export to a few Middle Eastern nations.

No I'm totally with u Texan (I'm a Texan too)
It's just the idea of going to a hornets nest and shaking it up.
Why now? Freedom of speech is the best thing we got going for us.
I agree with their right to do it. But the motive is suspect in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

reply to post by sealing

No I'm totally with u Texan (I'm a Texan too)
It's just the idea of going to a hornets nest and shaking it up.
Why now? Freedom of speech is the best thing we got going for us.
I agree with their right to do it. But the motive is suspect in my opinion.

I'm a Texan too. (Albeit an honorary one.)

Freedom of speech is what they will hide behind but let us be honest, it is not why they made the film.

Sam Bacile and his friends made it to incite the kind of response it got.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That film was akin to waving a red rag in the face of muslims.

Considering the state of affairs in the region in the past ten years alone, I'd probably be rioting as well if I was them.

However they certainly do themselves no favours by murdering the US Ambassador.

Many Arabs are convinced there is some insidious conspiracy by the Jews against them, backed by the United States. To be honest the fact that this film was produced apparently by a Jewish person and was funded by Jewish donors and who called Islam a cancer, would only serve to incite hatred and violence.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Sam Bacile and his friends made it to incite the kind of response it got.

Definitely. It had nothing to do with free speech.

"None are more helplessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Absolutely. And I would have no problem with someone getting socked in the nose for exercising their freedom of speech. But to kill people....that is not the same thing. We should have repercussions from what we say, but those repercussions should not elicit this kind of response.

I find it totally pathetic that an entire segment of humanity would allow themselves to be controlled so easily. I mean, think about it from the perspective of, "Hey, watch this....I am going to make them go completely nuts. It'll be a hoot". It is like giving a fat kid a whole bunch of candy, knowing he will gorge himself, then laughing when he is laying there throwing up.

The whole thing disgusts me. I agree that the people making the movie likely had motives. And I would not agree with those motives. But, having said that, even if their motives offend me nothing offense me more than the Muslim response. It is as if they never stopped being surly teens.

When I say "they" i refer to those idiots who are rioting, and the morons who egg them on from their own religious and political leadership. It sickens me to think that I share DNA with creatures who wold take being offended over their religion and turn it into a reason for murder.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The allies bomb them,shoot them with tanks,howitzers and guns daily.
They kill them daily by remote control drones.
They occupy their land.

And yes there is a heavy resistance to this,but its not until someone burns a book or makes a really crappy,idiotic film obviously designed to provoke,do they go really mental...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This is the hypocrisy of the Muslim approach. They demand that we acknowledge their culture, etc, and show it respect. In return, however, they refuse to do the same for us. Not only is it asinine to think and entire 300 million people are responsible for the speech of a few individuals, but they also believe that we should stifle a core of our own culture: free speech.

Perhaps if they do not appreciate our free speech, they should ignore what we say? In this way we can have them feeling that their religion isn't under attack, and we can continue exercising our free speech.

Otherwise, there is no end game other than annhilation. We will not stifle free speech, they will not ignore our free speech and will want to fight about it. It isn't provocation to say something unless you tap them on the shoulder before you say it.

Calm down with the emotional approach.

I do not seek to change your mind, but only to share an insight.

While you castigate the muslim's 'seemingly high handed demands' over rights and claiming insanely that ALL muslims are aspired as you claimed, had you looked seriously at how many fingers are actually pointing back at you as you point your single finger of blame to muslims?

Would you condone what the westboro apostate group had done to christianity? Would you condone the right winger brevik had done in keeping foreign elements out in a secular nation? Would you condone our Messiah being portrayed falsely? Would you condone the spitting upon of the original sacred written US Constitution?

You claim to respect free speech. I believe that. But would you have been comfortable with being apathetic, or would you have the conscience to join a peaceful demostration to protest those wrongs, or at least convince another to go there in your stead?

We and the muslims are no different in our common goals in life. It is only our form of worship that is different. Just because a few raise a ruckus, is never the representative of all, equally a right that you have if you support westboro apostates, tramplers of the constitution, brevik and condemnation of beliefs.

Worse if you condemn them all for the violence inflicted by the few. We are responsible for the moron bush's invasion of Iraq as a whole, but we as a whole are are not responsible for some idiot's depiction of a religious figure.

Freedom is a power by itself, and with power comes responsibilities to others. Abuse it and you are nothing but a misanthrope, hater of the human species.

What you had done and written in your post is no different from those murderers of the great ambassador Chris Stevens - condemning all for the work of one or a few.
edit on 12-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Has anybody seen this movie?

I have a feeling this is another problem, reaction, solution.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Why whenever there is a film made about a supposed religious numero uno or prophet they don't end the film with the loony tunes "that's all folks" is beyond me. They keep looking for the missing link yet here we have it right in front of our very eyes, people so devoid of the real world that they still follow the sayings of nutters from hundreds of years back, this goes goes for all religions by the way, if you need to believe in someone then believe in your fellow human.

As a species we truly deserve to be wiped out!!!

Wolfie
edit on 12/9/12 by Wolfie_UK because: Because it gave me power to do so........god like.........so now believe in me........easy innit to portray a magical power ??

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Cripes.

What we are seeing unfold, worldwide, is the ultimate troll.

Some jackass somewhere put together some cruddy troll film, uploaded it to you tube - maybe even was paid by some nefarious person or organization to do it, who knows - and now the world will pay a heavy toll.

I hope Muslims worldwide try not to fall for the bait.

Just like there are usually consequences when engaging a troll on the web...they will be responsible for the consequences of their actions.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

I just viewed the trailer on Youtube. It looks like it was filmed on a set on par to a really bad SNL skit.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but Youtube is not a freedom of speech website.

Things like predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, intimidation, invading privacy, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts or to violate the Terms of Use are taken very seriously. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from YouTube.

Youtube Guidelines

Is it fair to say that this video has incited others to commit violent acts?

Let these fools find another way to spread their video. Perhaps Terry Jones should fly to Libya and hand out free DVD copies on the street.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 9/12/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
removed

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have to say I agree with that 100%

I'm sick of people being apologetic to idiot Muslims who murdered people over being offended by a movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Release movie, taliban gets upset and calls their foot soldiers, foot soldiers gather, Intel flows, US bombs the crap out of taliban gathering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join