It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moment an Adorable Marmot Got Behind the Lens of an Unattended Camera!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The Moment an Adorable Marmot Got Behind the Lens of an Unattended Camera

www.dailymail.co.uk...

They're often the subject of tourists and wildlife photographers' lenses, so it's no wonder this adorable marmot decided to turn the tables.

The cute creature experienced life on the other side of the lens after spotting an unattended camera on an Austrian mountain range.

Photographer Stefan Meyers was taking photographs of the alpine marmots in Grossglockner - Austria's highest mountain - when the bizarre scene unfolded.

Stefan quickly grabbed his friend's equipment to capture the moment and was shocked further still as other marmots later joined in the fun.

Normally, when seeing an intruder, a marmot will become defensive and try to warn them off by beating their tail and chattering their teeth.

They will then emit a series of loud whistles to members of their colony to encourage them to run for cover.

Bizarrely, the animals are heavier in the autumn, when they can weigh up to 8kg, in comparison to 3kg in the spring months.

Marmots stand at around 18cm tall and reach up to 50cm in length.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
These are some of the cutest wild life animals in the world...although they do seem cuddley enough to hug with their cute whistling, they still are wild and have a pretty mean bite!

Here is a video of these marmots in the Austrian Alps:

Fun Facts About Marmots

- are generally large ground squirrels in the genus Marmota, of which there are 15 species

- tend to live in mountainous areas, such as the Alps, northern Apennines, Eurasian steppes, Carpathians, Tatras, and Pyrenees in Europe and northwestern Asia; the Rocky Mountains, Black Hills, Cascades, and Sierra Nevada in North America; and the Deosai Plateau in Pakistan and Ladakh in India

-the groundhog is also sometimes called a marmot, while the similarly sized, but more social

- typically live in burrows (often within rockpiles, particularly in the case of the yellow-bellied marmot), and hibernate there through the winter

-most are highly social and use loud whistles to communicate with one another, especially when alarmed

-mainly eat greens and many types of grasses, berries, lichens, mosses, roots and flowers.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added fun facts

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Haha seeing them surround the camera, I am reminded of the Wombles..

I have no idea why the theme music is playing in my head, but they are too cute

dont much like the chompers on them though, but still.. cute.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

These things? Really?!?!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
tame little buggers
begging for food...

weeeeet weeeet !

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Adorable!!!!!!!! They have no idea how much joy they bring to humans. They seem to be curious little creatures.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Haha seeing them surround the camera, I am reminded of the Wombles..

I have no idea why the theme music is playing in my head, but they are too cute

dont much like the chompers on them though, but still.. cute.

Feeds the earworm MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Only in the UK would they have something like Wombles! Those things are just as bad as the American Teletubbies

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Suspiria

Only in the UK would they have something like Wombles! Those things are just as bad as the American Teletubbies

I apologise profusely on behalf of my country for inflicting Teletubbies on the world.
I too have had to bare my own fair share of it's insufferable torture.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
TELETUBBIES!

OH MY GOD!!!!!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Sorry, had to do it.

top topics

join