It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia China agree to back Iran resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In this Al-Jazeera post, looks like what we all thought, its going to be true. Quoting the article:

In particular, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been pressing US President Barack Obama to identify "red lines" for when it would take action. "The world tells Israel: Wait, there's still time. And I say: wait for what? Wait until when?" Netanyahu said on Tuesday in comments clearly aimed at the White House.

Sounds to me that Netanyahu its very impatient and worried, almost eager to take action NOW

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If Netanyahu is so worried about Iran, why doesn't his country go at it alone. why should US troops have to pay the price to protect Israel. All i see Netanyahu trying to do is goat the US into doing its dirty work.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Some info on the resolution amd what china said would be useful

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

Well, with Obama snubbing Netanyahu's request to meet next week, it seems like the US is somewhat distancing themselves from Israel...

I also feel like Russia and China are backing Iran not because they necessarily agree with what Iran is doing, but because its totally opposite to how the US feels on this matter...

Politics is a mature mans game and we have a bunch of kids playing it.....
edit on 12-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i'm tired of this show, i wonder what else is on.

for the last couple of years israel is always due to attack like next week

edit on 12-9-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I believe this is the most important quote from the article you supplied in the OP:

After days of diplomacy, Russia and China have agreed to support a US-backed resolution demanding that Iran stop activities that could be used to make nuclear arms.

Diplomats said on Wednesday the agreement sent a unified message to Iran, but also convinced Israel that diplomacy was a real alternative to military force in preventing a nuclear confrontation.

The resolution cannot be enforced by the 35-nation board of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), even if approved by vote or consensus as expected on Thursday. But with Israel threatening war against Iran, the agreement is a significant progress after months of diplomatic deadlock.

This declaration has just blown out of the window the constant argument that there is a conspiracy by the West (most commonly accused: U.S. and Israel) to take down Iran, and that there is no actual threat coming from their nuclear program or possible intentions.

What will people say now, after realizing that both China and Russia support a U.S. resolution to stop Iran's nuclear program? The most reasonable members in ATS have always claimed that the West never wanted to stop Iran from obtaining nuclear power (The West, the IAEA and the NPT participants, all aided Iran in developing nuclear power). The important questions are always around the possibility of Iran developing nuclear weapons, which clearly violates both the IAEA and NPT agreements.

A constant debate has been going on, where the most reasonable consensus was built around the possible doubts Iran was giving away with their attitude of hiding and blocking the desirable amount of information the IAEA and UN needed, regarding their nuclear program.

Precisely on 9/11 (yesterday, not 11 years ago) a new AP article appeared, where it mentioned that new intelligence regarding Iran's nuclear program was discovered, or at least, brought to public awareness.

Here is the ATS thread related to that article (Posted by CALGARIAN)

Today, we have this thread, making a statement about Russia and China supporting a U.S. made resolution to stop Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions.

1+1 = 2.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Remember now, grizzly do not attack until they feel their cub is threaten and crying for help.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shax35
Remember now, grizzly do not attack until they feel their cub is threaten and crying for help.

You are forgetting a very key fact...

That grizzly happens to be under the complete control of the Illuminati (AKA Synagogue of Satan)

top topics

join