It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sending marines to Libya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I just don't get this attitude from an shocking amount of americans , it is ok for them to terrorize them with bombs from above killing families . geeezzzzuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey Rip Van Winkle

Check the News headlines during those bombings!

You'll find British, French, Italians and Canada I'm not sure about the Dutch though

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Good idea!!!!???? Start another war they can't finish. Why not remove americans from harm then this kind of thing will not happen?
oh yeah War is good for profits!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What? This is outrageous!!!!

I mean we gave them freedom and democracy, right? How could they do this, I mean after all we did to give them freedom!

And in the process we blew up their homes, schools, hospitals, power plants, board casting stations, water system, stores, cities, neighborhoods, religious centers.

And took away their free education, free housing, free water, free power, cheap gas, free health care.

Threw them back into the stone age, made them into a city-state country, gave power of the country to one of the FBI's top 10 most wanted terrorist group, and made fun of their religion.

I mean the nerve of these people after all we did!!!! They have freedom and democracy now!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I suppose the right thing to do was to prop murderous dictators with billions of U.S. tax dollars keeping the natives surpressed for 80+ years or so. Or maybe the right thing to do is to deploy drones all over the world assassanating anyone who doesn't like it...including U.S. citizens....I'll tell ya the 'kill em all' attitude of some of the folks on this site truly freightens me....

Our foreign policy over the last fifty years or so has made the world a more dangerous place. Like or not thats a fact and the founders warned us about this. So humble yourself fool... we aren't any better than the people Fox News is telling you are bad.

I hear people saying " we should cut them off the foreign aid"... THEY DON'T WANT OUR MONEY!!! GET IT? It will soon be worthless any way. We are an empire in decline trying to look good on the wolrd's stage.

PAPER TIGER U.S.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I just don't get this attitude from an shocking amount of americans , it is ok for them to terrorize them with bombs from above killing families . geeezzzzuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey Rip Van Winkle

You'll find British, French, Italians and Canada I'm not sure about the Dutch though

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Hey Rip Van Winkle

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I still don't believe this attack was the result of a movie something else instigated it me thinks. Either way they are about to get their butts lit up.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Gwampo
Dude... if this story is true, if marines are going over there, and they happen to get heavily attacked (God forbid), I wonder how the rest of the military, or the rest of our country for that matter, will feel about it.

Perhaps it's a setup. Send in a small team knowing they will get slaughtered and then you have justification to send in the big guns and start a war.

I wouldn't put it past the U.S. Government to do that.

Al Qaeda has lost the element of surprise.

They won't attack the U.S. Marines.

They got what they wanted. - A clear victory on 9/11 -

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Hey Rip Van Winkle

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

You know how folks here on ATS are always talking about false flag events, well this could be one of those, hear me out for a moment. You have to think on the long plan that the shadow folks work...
. Heres the scenario...
A meeting is called by the overlords, they meet to discuss how best to start another conflict in the middle east. A bunch of nafarious plans are put forth and they all decide it would be perfect if they staged an attack on a US embassy/consulate in a middle eastern country. Course theyd have to assassinate the ambassador to get the full effect and ire up of the american people. So they hash out a plan using 3rd world mercs, then those mercs are killed so none of the this comes back to them. The event happens. Just like it did. The shadow overlords all slap palms and congradulate each other. So what do they get out of the event.

A few things.

If you look back in history the us sent green berets to vietnam as advisors in 1965, upon which we entered into a proactive conflict and thosands of americans died. The military industrial complex made a killing on production and sales of new weapon systems. The overlords made tons of money. Millions of people died and in the end the north won. All those service men died for nothing. The shadow lords smiled evily and congradulated each other on a job well done.

The same could be said about pearl harbor and what lead up to America coming into world war II. The shadow lords made a killing on arms production. Humans died in the millions and it didn't effect them at all. The bottom line is Money and Power.

The list is long on provication leading up to costly wars. In recent times it was the world trade center bombing, they destroyed those buildings and all those people so congress would send troops to afganistan and wed have another war. Then to make even more money they uped it to include fake weapons of mass destruction in iraq. And bam, we got outselves a shooting war. The shadow lords were now giddy. With the 2 wars almost over with they have to come up with a new ploy to get the congress the american people to sacrifice more so they can make more money. So..you get this new event. Folks here at ATS have written stuff about all those fema camps over the years. But they weren't for regular americans. What they are for is part of the shadow lords long plan, so they create an Event, then they can round up all the islamic people in the US and put them in camps. Just like they did to the japense-americans in World War II. The hate swells, politicians jump on the band wagon of destroying the evil islamic horde. We start with a special action team, and it escalates. Soon we got ourselves another shooting war. Millions die. And the shadow lords make more money.

It always comes down to money & power.

Worse part of this is We the american people let them do this. Will we ever learn? probably not.
My 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

The CIA knows the truth.

It's simple.

The Muslim Brotherhood has played Obama for a fool.

They have the cash and now they are attacking our embassies, burning American flags

and their buddies Al Qaeda have an American hostage.

We should see Phase 3 very soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Yep, they are sending what is known as the highly Elite FAST Marines Special Operators. The FBI is headed there as well to do a complete investigation. Word is that FAST is headed to Tripoli but they might be diverted.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Its about time we take our land back and retrieve our dead. You know the only reason Obama is doing this was after it was poll tested to do the right thing

The president must demand military assistance from Libya in helping with securing the compound and with all future secured needs. If the government fails or denies the request, we must cut off Libya from the world and starve it to death.
edit on 12-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

How the hell does starving a nation of people to death help make things better, that's the kind of thinking people can do without, it only serves to further divide the world

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

M-O-N-E-Y

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by RobertF
I understand it is a FAST marine group, a Fast Action Security Team, they are trained for exactly this type of situation, there job will be to secure the embassy.

It's curious why we are only sending 50 marines... Sounds like suicide for a handful of them.
edit on 12-9-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

Never underestimate a Marine and his rifle....US Marine Carlos Hathcock had 93 confirmed kills....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by SrWingCommander[
The Tripoli in the Marine Corp hymn is not Tripoli Libya, it is Tripoli Lebannon (beriut too, I think the area has changed hands several times).

wrong, check this out

missions: 1805: Battle of Derna To the Shores of Tripoli In 1805, the United States government refused to continue paying Barbary Coast pirates to refrain from raiding American merchant ships. When negotiations for a treaty failed, President Thomas Jefferson assembled an expeditionary force of Marines to respond. Lieutenant Presley O'Bannon and his Marines marched across 600 miles of the Libyan Desert to successfully storm the fortified Tripolitan city of Derna and rescue the kidnapped crew of the USS Philadelphia. The Marines' victory helped Prince Hamet Bey reclaim his rightful throne as ruler of Tripoli. In gratitude, he presented his Mameluke sword to Lt O'Bannon. This famous sword became part of the officer uniform in 1825, and remains the oldest ceremonial weapon in use by United States forces today. The Battle of Derna was the Marines' first land battle on foreign soil and is notably recalled in the first verse of the Marines' Hymn: "From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, we fight our country's battles in the air, on land and sea.

above from this site
Marine Corps Decade Timeline

and here is a wiki for derna
Battle of Derne

i was a marine 0311.
and unless Syria has been in a different place, lebanon has always been beside it. see damascus.

and this from this site.
The Battle of Tripoli

During the summer of 2004, I worked on a 60 minute show for the History Channel entitled "The Battle of Tripoli", which was to tell the story of William Eaton, the American diplomatic envoy to Tunis who went on to lead an army in an attempt to overthrow the ruler of Tripoli (present day Libya), as part of the Barbary Wars. This is the action that was later immortalized in the Marines' Hymn: "...from the Halls of Montezuma, to the Shores of Tripoli."

and a map

see where tripoli is right between egypt and algiers, which is now libya.

edit on 12-9-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I stand corrected. I know the Battle of Derne was in Tripoli, Libya, but I was informed at some point that there was a landing of marines in Tripoli, Lebanon, and it is that landing being refered to in they hymn. Oh well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join