It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. sending marines to Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think some on here underestimate our Marines...
As another poster said
Ooh Rah!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
Source coming. Foxnews.com is reporting it.

Officials tell Fox News that a Marine fast team of about 50 is being sent to Benghazi, Libya, to secure the consulate, where US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three staff members were killed.

This is breaking so Im not sure they have a story on it yet.
edit on 12-9-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by capone1 because: typo

You know where the irony is? The U.S. helped flip Libya out of Ghaddafi's hands ending with his death, and Ghaddafi kept this kind of thing under a iron fist. It's the very people the U.S. helped to flip Libya who killed the ambassador. So my government is directly responsible for the death of our own ambassador. We have no one to blame but the man sitting in the oval office and his administration, they are the ones who should be held responsible.
edit on 12-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yep!

Saddam kept the peace with an iron fist.. < remove Saddam create a corporate goldmine
Gaddafi kept the peace with an iron fist.. < remove Gaddafi create instability
Mubarrak kept the peace with corruption.. < the US didn't want him gone, now they are phukd.
Assad kept the peace with an iron fist and corruption.. < the US didn't want to get involved but Israel has forced it

50 Marines are being sent into Libya? ... Why not post a massive neon arrow that says '' infidel soldiers ' and point it to the small, ill equipped and insecure building in the middle of Libya?

Many of the fighters being killed in Iraq's darkest days were Libyan, Egyptian and Saudi.

This says that there is a significant part of Libyan society that is willing to die, if it means it can kill US soldiers.

Who are the unlucky 50 being sent to Libya? how many of them are disgruntled with the current government? how many of them have witnessed atrocities? how many of them have threatened to reveal information? My guess is, many of the marines being sent in (if indeed they are) are the ones the US government wanted to get rid off, but never found the ability.

OH NO THE LIBYANS!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
We have no one to blame but the man sitting in the oval office and his administration, they are the ones who should be held responsible.
edit on 12-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

C'mon dude, Obama is no more to blame for Libya than Bush is for Iraq.
They are actors reading scripts and being instructed what to do.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

destroying your own puppet is counter productive.

at least the libyans have 50 new targets to rpg.

a cynic might suggest that all this was a c.i.a. black op.

that "sam bacile" doesn't really exist and innocence of muslims is just one part of the plot.

the "consultant" and only one to show his face on t.v., steve klein, was a former vietnam vet with extensive ties to the military and appears to be a hardcore fanatical patriot.

so hardcore in fact and embedded in so many fanatical organizations that he looks like a throwback to the kennedy days when they were infiltrating radical groups for intel and to recruit potential operatives and informants.

thirdly, one actress in the film said she had no idea the film was about muhammed the prophet, as that there was no character named muhammed in the script that she was given and that there was extensive overdubb (poorly done it should be noted) added post production.

the end result, american boots on the ground with the publics approval and the first step to securely obtaining libyas vast oil resources.

ya, but keep believing muslims hate you for your 90" lcd and not because when america "liberates" a country all that is left is blood, destruction, fire, chaos, murder, corruption and death.

edit on 12-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Constitutional Revolution of 1936 the turmoil in society of the sixties and the programs of Lyndon Johnson exploding the role of the federal government....
the Giant will make us lay a lot more Goldn eggs..
more kids will have to die...let the war games continue..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

What treachery from those people in Libya and Egypt to do such things. They get freed from their bondage and straight away attack the people that freed them.

Do you really believe we freed them? The first problem with that is that they were not an oppressed people. They enjoyed the highest standard of living in Africa. And contrary to popular western belief, most Libyans loved Gaddafi. No he wasn't a madman who murdered his own people rather a man who was too smart for his own good, a man who saw the world for what it was, didn't want to be a slave to the international banking cartel, and loved his country and people so much that he didn't trust the nation in anyone else's hands. I know that to most people who have been brainwashed by western media that sounds absurd, but it's not. What is absurd is that it's the truth and most of World doesn't even know it. Libyans do.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Of course, something else the GOVERNMENT has to get involved with or are they? They may be telling you they are sending marines to Libya when in reality they are sending them to somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
well the u.s.marine crops already whipped the libyains one time.
we even sing about it in our hymn."to the shores of tripoli".now i'm sure all marines remember this, but for all the non marines out there, this is where the marine officers swords come from.
hell if the prez wanted to he could send marines back to the "halls of montezuma." and we could stop this illegal
immigration bs too.

simper fi

From the Halls of Montezuma,
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of UNITED STATES MARINES.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze,
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far off northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job --
The UNITED STATES MARINES.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By UNITED STATES MARINES.

ooh rah
edit on 12-9-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm sure (knowing marines) that if anyone thinks that 50 marines against hundreds of murdering cowards is unfair, that if you ask politely, the marines will wait for more muderous cowards to show up.

(just to make it even, of course)

Would these be the same Marines that kill Civilians with Drone Attacks?
Kinda takes the "whites of their eyes" out of the equation.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
reply to post by michaelbrux

What treachery from those people in Libya and Egypt to do such things. They get freed from their bondage and straight away attack the people that freed them.

Do you really believe we freed them? The first problem with that is that they were not an oppressed people. They enjoyed the highest standard of living in Africa. And contrary to popular western belief, most Libyans loved Gaddafi. No he wasn't a madman who murdered his own people rather a man who was too smart for his own good, a man who saw the world for what it was, didn't want to be a slave to the international banking cartel, and loved his country and people so much that he didn't trust the nation in anyone else's hands. I know that to most people who have been brainwashed by western media that sounds absurd, but it's not. What is absurd is that it's the truth and most of World doesn't even know it. Libyans do.

Yes, I agree. His mistake was that he stayed in power too long. Other than that, he did a lot for the country and was trying to unite Africa, which is a no-no.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
well the u.s.marine crops already whipped the libyains one time.
we even sing about it in our hymn."to the shores of tripoli".now i'm sure all marines remember this, but for all the non marines out there, this is where the marine officers swords come from.
hell if the prez wanted to he could send marines back to the "halls of montezuma." and we could stop this illegal
immigration bs too.

simper fi

From the Halls of Montezuma,
To the Shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of UNITED STATES MARINES.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze,
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in every clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far off northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job --
The UNITED STATES MARINES.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By UNITED STATES MARINES.

ooh rah

The Tripoli in the Marine Corp hymn is not Tripoli Libya, it is Tripoli Lebannon (beriut too, I think the area has changed hands several times).

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander[
The Tripoli in the Marine Corp hymn is not Tripoli Libya, it is Tripoli Lebannon (beriut too, I think the area has changed hands several times).

wrong, check this out

missions: 1805: Battle of Derna To the Shores of Tripoli In 1805, the United States government refused to continue paying Barbary Coast pirates to refrain from raiding American merchant ships. When negotiations for a treaty failed, President Thomas Jefferson assembled an expeditionary force of Marines to respond. Lieutenant Presley O'Bannon and his Marines marched across 600 miles of the Libyan Desert to successfully storm the fortified Tripolitan city of Derna and rescue the kidnapped crew of the USS Philadelphia. The Marines' victory helped Prince Hamet Bey reclaim his rightful throne as ruler of Tripoli. In gratitude, he presented his Mameluke sword to Lt O'Bannon. This famous sword became part of the officer uniform in 1825, and remains the oldest ceremonial weapon in use by United States forces today. The Battle of Derna was the Marines' first land battle on foreign soil and is notably recalled in the first verse of the Marines' Hymn: "From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, we fight our country's battles in the air, on land and sea.

above from this site
Marine Corps Decade Timeline

and here is a wiki for derna
Battle of Derne

i was a marine 0311.
and unless Syria has been in a different place, lebanon has always been beside it. see damascus.

and this from this site.
The Battle of Tripoli

During the summer of 2004, I worked on a 60 minute show for the History Channel entitled "The Battle of Tripoli", which was to tell the story of William Eaton, the American diplomatic envoy to Tunis who went on to lead an army in an attempt to overthrow the ruler of Tripoli (present day Libya), as part of the Barbary Wars. This is the action that was later immortalized in the Marines' Hymn: "...from the Halls of Montezuma, to the Shores of Tripoli."

and a map

see where tripoli is right between egypt and algiers, which is now libya.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Its about time we take our land back and retrieve our dead. You know the only reason Obama is doing this was after it was poll tested to do the right thing

The president must demand military assistance from Libya in helping with securing the compound and with all future secured needs. If the government fails or denies the request, we must cut off Libya from the world and starve it to death.
edit on 12-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Not nice when innocents die, is it? Unfortunetly, yous are accountable.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I just don't get this attitude from an shocking amount of americans , it is ok for them to terrorize them with bombs from above killing families . Then get mad when a group retaliates against them the only way they can .. I just wish people would start bombing the hell out of your country then maybe just maybe you might understand what war feels like . To lose a child a wife a husband a parent over such cowardly violence with out ever even laying a combat boot on the ground.. that the american duped the world into again. Get over yourselves . Mind your own damn business when the poo in your own back yards stink more than anywhere else .. geeezzzzuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I just don't get this attitude from an shocking amount of americans , it is ok for them to terrorize them with bombs from above killing families . geeezzzzuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey Rip Van Winkle

Check the News headlines during those bombings!

You'll find British, French, Italians and Canada I'm not sure about the Dutch though

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Dude... if this story is true, if marines are going over there, and they happen to get heavily attacked (God forbid), I wonder how the rest of the military, or the rest of our country for that matter, will feel about it.

Perhaps it's a setup. Send in a small team knowing they will get slaughtered and then you have justification to send in the big guns and start a war.

I wouldn't put it past the U.S. Government to do that.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
... neither would I, but i think they would have taken the opportunity during the uprisings if they really wanted to hit it!

TBH im surprised we still had an embassy in the first place, its not like the Muslim Brotherhood is a friend..

Maybe this was more a spy nerve center for Libya than an embassy?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Originally posted by RobertF
I understand it is a FAST marine group, a Fast Action Security Team, they are trained for exactly this type of situation, there job will be to secure the embassy.

It's curious why we are only sending 50 marines... Sounds like suicide for a handful of them.

You've obviously never seen a small team of elite warriors in action. It's okay. Most people live without ever witnessing such wonders.

ETA: 50 FAST Marines vs 1000 averagely trained skirmishers will not end well. For the 1000.
edit on 9/13/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

I have to say, I'm not very surprised at this turn of events. I suppose I had to be able to see it to believe it that people can be so completely grimy.

Freed? Do you realize that most people in Libya supported Qaddafi and his regime? How is it a surprise to you that they would show retaliation against the US?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join