It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone tried binaural beats to get lucid dreams induce OOBES?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i mean like this

www.youtube.com...

or

www.youtube.com...

i try to use this with headphones on and try to relax and sleep but nothing happens
edit on 12-9-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Try a program called Gnaural, you can generate your own tones into MP3. but you should read up about the correct tones to use, keep the volume really low and consider overlaying something over the top like the sound of waves, birdsong etc.. if its just the tones for extended periods you just going to give yourself a pumping headache. The main one I use just sends me off to sleep for when i'm insomniac but you can design them to take you to some interesting states of consciousness.

Additionally its not just sound that can do this, the brain will naturally try to sync its waves with repeating patterns this is why TV is so addictive (flickering refresh rate) and where the old swinging hypnotists watch slowly putting the subject to sleep as the swinging frequency slows, so do the brain waves patterns follow.
edit on 12-9-2012 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I have been listening to the lucid dreaming series from the the Monroe Institute pretty much every night for the last six months while lying in bed. I haven't had any OBE's or lucid dreams yet but the rhythmic sounds and rain/ocean noises put me right to sleep.

the HQ FLAC files can be found on the net if you do a little searching through the torrent sites.
edit on 12-9-2012 by westo because: grammar

edit on 12-9-2012 by westo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have used them with success. There is a bunch of treads dealing with this same subject. Almost three years ago, there was this tread were the OP developed an mp3 with binaural beats. It was really good. I remember that I was out in my second / third attempt.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then, I tried isotones, supposedly superior than binaural bits. With them both I have visited the astral.

But I have had them without. What I am telling you only need is will power to go out. Read everything you can, immerse yourself in the topic. And with little help, you will.

A word of caution: Whenever you try, I recommend you to be in your best mood/mind set. Think only good things. Be your best and ask for protection. No fear. You will have fun!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstralAlien

I have used them with success. There is a bunch of treads dealing with this same subject. Almost three years ago, there was this tread were the OP developed an mp3 with binaural beats. It was really good. I remember that I was out in my second / third attempt.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then, I tried isotones, supposedly superior than binaural bits. With them both I have visited the astral.

But I have had them without. What I am telling you only need is will power to go out. Read everything you can, immerse yourself in the topic. And with little help, you will.

A word of caution: Whenever you try, I recommend you to be in your best mood/mind set. Think only good things. Be your best and ask for protection. No fear. You will have fun!

The link is missing something this is the link you specified.

Note: Just replaced the '.' (dot) with a '1'

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
thing is i'm having some rough times in my life and i think i have a depression. can these possible visits to the astral planes help me a bit or can the depression trigger some bad things?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
When I use Theta isochronic tones in bed before I go to sleep I have lucid dreams every time. Theta is for the third eye.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Try a program called Gnaural, you can generate your own tones into MP3. but you should read up about the correct tones to use, keep the volume really low and consider overlaying something over the top like the sound of waves, birdsong etc.. if its just the tones for extended periods you just going to give yourself a pumping headache. The main one I use just sends me off to sleep for when i'm insomniac but you can design them to take you to some interesting states of consciousness.

Additionally its not just sound that can do this, the brain will naturally try to sync its waves with repeating patterns this is why TV is so addictive (flickering refresh rate) and where the old swinging hypnotists watch slowly putting the subject to sleep as the swinging frequency slows, so do the brain waves patterns follow.
edit on 12-9-2012 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

So cool!! Thanks for the name of that program, I'm going to start producing my own tones now.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by westo

I have been listening to the lucid dreaming series from the the Monroe Institute pretty much every night for the last six months while lying in bed. I haven't had any OBE's or lucid dreams yet but the rhythmic sounds and rain/ocean noises put me right to sleep.

the HQ FLAC files can be found on the net if you do a little searching through the torrent sites.
edit on 12-9-2012 by westo because: grammar

edit on 12-9-2012 by westo because: (no reason given)

Same deal here, They are quite soothing!

I have had moderate success, but only on my own.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
They don't work, save your time & money.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
thing is i'm having some rough times in my life and i think i have a depression. can these possible visits to the astral planes help me a bit or can the depression trigger some bad things?

That is called escapism. If I where in your shoes, I would first sort all my problems at least to have good mood. I did learn the hard way that your mind can attract things. If you are in a somber mood you might attract something at least equally darker. Once I was not in my best shape and still did got out in the astral, I guess I was hanging in the lowers realms, so fear overcame me and what I can only describe as a demon with many little demons (legion?) was approaching me. And the only solution then, was to get rid of fear. That and the strength of my guardian angel that help me compose myself. It was a hard time. Better take care of yourself first.

Try to meditate. Pray for your well being. I´ll pray for you.
I hope this helps. Take care.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have a few CDs of Shamanic Drumming and I have been having a hard time too. But from one of the posts I saw on here, it says to listen to the beat at a low volume, I was using loud to help block out other ambiant noise (traffic, kids, dog, etc?). I will give it a try at a lower volume to see if it works better.

I also agree that it is important to calm yourself first, and that I can do through meditation. Good luck onn your progress!
edit on 13-9-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Based on what I know about neurology (not a Dr, but have researched the piss out of brainwaves - look at my posting history) depression can be identified in individuals through abnormal brainwave patterns, and you should excersize caution when utilizing anything that modifies your brainwaves, which were initially designed for individuals with normal brainwave patterns.

I have a very abnormal brainwave scan, and have used binural beats in the past, which have triggered unwarranted results. Tracks that focused on beta/alpha wave stimulation would trigger panic attacks, and tracks that focused on delta/theta wave stimulation really screwed up my sleep cycle.

new topics

top topics

join