It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillsborough files released: LIVE coverage

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Originally posted by lifeform11

so your saying the doors should be left open all across American sports stadiums and arena's and it is the peoples choice whether to enter or not, you are saying nobody is responsible for how many people should be let in and they can pack stadiums/arena's as much as they like and if it becomes overcrowded and a crush occurs as a result, then it is peoples own fault for entering after paying or already having a ticket.

Essentially, yes.

We know the capacity of our stadiums and only sell enough tickets to safely accomidate people. If people cram themselves into a place, on their own accord, they are at fault. Have some civility, don't push or shove, and calmly walk into the stadium...
edit on 20-9-2012 by AngryAlien because: (no reason given)

More complete and utter rubbish.
You obviously have not read one single sentence which doesn't support this twisted view you have.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

well somebody is responsible for how packed a stadium is or arena, somebody has to manage that even in America and it is not the fans who are responsible for managing it. first of all the fan is right to assume if they are let in there must be enough capacity to hold them secondly you cannot see from outside the ground how full the stadium is and when you walk in amongst a crowd it is impossible to know how many people are in that section you are in let alone you knowing how many more can fit in to that section.

I can probably tell you the stadium capacities for most English football grounds, but i would not be able to tell you how much capacity each section of the ground can hold, those managing the crowd and ground are the ones that would know this.

also you can buy tickets for a game, but people also pay on the day. the last time i went to a match it was a preseason friendly but a local derby, the stand i was in was packed as was most of the ground, it was £5 to get in, there were no tickets needed. therefore somebody needed to manage the crowd and ground capacity. when our stand was full they started opening more sections of the opposing supporters stands to people as they had less fans and all the away supporting allocated stands were full, yet there was still more people wanting to see the game.

football is the biggest most played and supported sport out there, for certain high profile games even in lower leagues with a 20,000 plus capacity ground it is easy to get more people turning up for a game than the stadium capacity.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here we go... what many have been calling and waiting for.. it's taken a long time, but finally the ball can start rolling and the corrupt shoul now be afraid..

The biggest ever independent investigation into police wrongdoing is to be carried out following damning reports into the Hillsborough disaster.

The IPCC police watchdog and director of public prosecutions have announced they will both launch inquiries into possible crimes committed by police.

The IPCC said both serving and former officers would be investigated over the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans in 1989.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I hope no stone is left unturned..
The biggest cover up of the worst type ever in UK history.. It MUST stand up as an example.. make examples of all those involved.. it must never happen again.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

This is great news. The families of the victims, any real football fans and indeed many people all around the world have been waiting a long time for this.

The people who are responsible for what happened now need to be dealt with severely and the message put out there that cover ups and lies will be punished accordingly.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

I'm following this all the way..

I've been eagerly waiting for more news to come up and todays news is one of the best.. It can only get better..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here's another couple of links with this news

www.rte.ie...

www.irishtimes.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The names of 1,444 former and serving police officers have been passed to the Independent Police Complaints Commission as part of its investigation into the Hillsborough disaster.

Home Affairs Committee chairman Keith Vaz told MPs the "huge number" had been revealed to him in a letter from South Yorkshire Police's chief constable.

The government said the number showed the "enormity" of the investigation.

WOW!!!!

1,444 officers..

That's one very deep hole they've dug themselves.

I like this bit

"beyond the scale of anything the IPCC has done before"

www.bbc.co.uk...

seems this investigation is going to take some time and upset a lot of people...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
For all those that have been following this thread...

Thank you..

There is a new, and just as important, thread on ATS that also needs your attention and opinions.
Written by Rising Against, this thread is deeply informative and extremely well put together.

Please do drop in and have your say..

the thread can be found here;
Hillsborough - The Disaster, the Cover-up..

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Just had a look at that thread. Extremely detailed.
Man, that guy can put a thread together!

Both of you have done fantastic work on this subject and I'm sure many more people now know of this tragedy.

edit on 13-12-2012 by cahlmac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

Thanks Cahlmac and of course thanks EA, that was nice of you.

The more who know about this incident, the better. Whether the source of information is myself or instead Extralien. It was something that was just pushed under the rug at the time, but not anymore. Now it needs to be highlighted as much as possible, in my opinion. Otherwise they've pretty much got away with it. And that's just not right at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join