It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Watched Boyhood by Richard Linklater today in the cinema.
It was incredible... epic.
It's shot over 12 years using the same cast and they filmed every year over the 12 years.

Any fans of Linklater should definitely see this and any fans of human beings should watch this

Incredible.

I'd give it a 9/10
edit on 15/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Knights of Badassdom

www.imdb.com...

7/10

If you are a nerd, who larp and listen to heavy(black/death/doom) metal,you'll love it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom traveller

I'd give Knights of Badassdom a generous 4/10. I was pretty disappointed in it.
Although my disappointment could have been due to how eager I was to see it. I had been waiting for it ever since they started filming it in Spokane back in 2010, which isn't too far from me. And when the I finally got to see it, it was pretty much a low budget crapfest with a few recognizable actors.

Just my opinion. Didn't really like it. I at least thought it would have been more of a comedy, given the subject matter.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just watched this movie which was hidden away... released 2012 but I never heard of it until I dug around on the net for something to watch. Its not a big-budget Film but it does show what can be done with little and pretty good Actors to bring the Story to life! It's called 'After' and deals with Alternate States while unconcious. A man and woman meet on a bus, the bus crashes.. the story starts. I wont spoil it in case you want to view it.

It may be a little slow for some.

7/10

www.imdb.com...
edit on CDTSun, 20 Jul 2014 13:20:41 -0500u3101x141x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It looks like a good movie. I tried to get it through Netflix but it isn't currently available.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: allenidaho

Try this link:

thefile.me...#

Should work. Its been uploaded and it is dvd copy.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I watched A Haunted House, because there was really nothing else on at the time.

At first I found it quite annoying, and I figured here we go again with the Scary Movie sex and usual references, this time applied to the Paranormal Activity-type movies.

However, it grew on me, and about halfway I was laughing so much that the tears were streaming down my cheeks.

Maybe it's not for everybody, and there's a shock value in viewing it the first time, but the ridiculous premise and characterization actually goes places.

For making me laugh despite myself: 3/5.
edit on 20-7-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just finished watching "Trouble With the Curve", and was pleasantly surprised. I figured it would be wholly baseball schlock. Really impressed with Justin Timberlake and Amy Adams. Good stuff. Good feels, with a semi-plausible story. I'd rate it a 4 out of 5, and will probably watch it several more times.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
We just watched Mama a few nights ago.

It is a ghost/horror film that was actually pretty good. My wife jumped right off the couch when we were watching it. It was worth it just for that!

Here is the preview:

When I saw it was PG-13 I was kind of bummed and didn't think it would be any good, but it was worth watching.

I give it a 7 out of 10.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
But that's what most "fans" wanted, another Pitchblack. So that's what they gave them. I liked the new Riddick for what it was, but I'll only watch it twice. I've watched Chronicles about 100 times. That's the difference. Chronicles had sub-plots, backgrounds, flashbacks, plot, great characters, action, superior dialogue, good editing, good sequence- not alway linear, reminded me of Dune (but didn't rip Dune off in any way). I'm not a huge Vin Diesel fan either. You don't have to be.Anyone who likes Sci-Fi, provided they don't have ADD, would agree The Chronicles of Riddick was by far the best film out of the series. Ah well. Maybe next time hmm?
a reply to: captaintyinknots

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
"The Counselor"
Rating: 1 out of 10
Seriously, go spend the two hours with your kids instead. Balance your check book. play with your dog. Mow the lawn. This review also serves as my preemptive "I told you so".

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Compressor35
But that's what most "fans" wanted, another Pitchblack. So that's what they gave them. I liked the new Riddick for what it was, but I'll only watch it twice. I've watched Chronicles about 100 times. That's the difference. Chronicles had sub-plots, backgrounds, flashbacks, plot, great characters, action, superior dialogue, good editing, good sequence- not alway linear, reminded me of Dune (but didn't rip Dune off in any way). I'm not a huge Vin Diesel fan either. You don't have to be.Anyone who likes Sci-Fi, provided they don't have ADD, would agree The Chronicles of Riddick was by far the best film out of the series. Ah well. Maybe next time hmm?
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I agree 100%, and thats why I was let down by Riddick. Chronicles had SO much plot. Too much for most people, but that was the reason I loved it.

Im really hoping they get a chance to do the next one-the way they are building up to it could make for something epic.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A few that Ive watched recently

Lawless: 7.5/10. Very good movie, Tom Hardy gives an astounding performance.

Hit and Run: 5.5/10: For such a great cast, it was a very poorly written movie.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was catching up on my movie watching this weekend. Here is what I saw:

Draft Day - A solid 8 / 10. It was surprisingly good. Starring Kevin Costner.

Captain America Winter Soldier - 7 / 10. Not bad. I liked it much better than the first Captain America film. And he was really kicking butt in this one. Finally he is acting like a super soldier.

Noah - 2 / 10. Terrible film. I couldn't stand to watch the entire thing. Was a huge pile of crap. What were you thinking Russell Crowe?!?! It was even worse than your Robin Hood adaptation!

Amazing Spider Man 2 - 8 / 10. I would have scored it higher but I wasn't a huge fan of the kid playing Harry Osborne. He was good in Chronicle, but I just wasn't feeling him in this one. The story arc between Spiderman and Gwen Stacy was very well done and very sad though.

Brick Mansions - 5 / 10. It is very sad that this was Paul Walker's last film. It was cheesy, poorly written and directed. A lot of bad acting throughout. But the French guy doing Parkour throughout the film was pretty neat.

Need For Speed - 5 / 10. Heavy on the cheese. Extremely generic storyline. But an ok performance by Aaron Paul. Some pretty good crash effects. Lots of expensive cars.

Divergent - 4 / 10. Not my cup of tea. This was another young teen show with a strong message about non-conformity but otherwise had nothing going for it. I think you have to be a teenage girl to really enjoy this film.

Blended - 5 / 10. It's an adam sandler flick which had a lot of small nods to some of his earlier films. It wasn't all that funny but not the worst of films.

Bad Words - 7.5 / 10. I thought this movie was hilarious. Jason Bateman killed it.

Open Grave - 6 / 10. I actually caught this one on tv the other day. It stars Sharlto Copley (I think I spelled that right...) from District 9. About this guy that wakes up in a massive pit full of corpses with no memory of how he got there. He finds others with similar memory loss who try to figure out what is going on. Once you get to the end, all the pieces fall into place.

Sabotage - 7 / 10. A lot better than I thought it would be. It's about a team of DEA agents that are getting killed off one-by-one after stealing a bunch of cash from a drug cartel.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Coherence -

On the night of an astronomical anomaly, eight friends at a dinner party experience a troubling chain of reality bending events. Part cerebral sci-fi and part relationship drama, COHERENCE is a tightly focused, intimately shot film that quickly ratchets up with tension and mystery.

Really enjoyed this one... love these kinds of movies anyway and for a debut and considering the budget, this is AMAZING.

*mild spoilers*

Fans of Timecrimes, Primer and Triangle should def check this out

I'd give it a 7/10

How to Train Your Dragon 2 -

When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace.

Thought this was excellent, probably more enjoyable than the first.
Really great story and delves a little deeper this time, animation is top notch again.

7/10

Maps to the Stars -

Led by the loathsome yet funny and touching child-star Benjie, we witness the convoluted world of shallow, selfish celebrities and their minions, all of whom are about to be manipulated and destroyed by the young woman who literally represents the fruit of their twisted machinations, Agatha, Benjie’s tormented, apparently psychotic sister. As much as it is a sharp, comic look at a vacant and corrupt world, MAPS TO THE STARS is also a haunting ghost story.

I liked this but it's a very odd/weird film.
Great performances from Julianne Moore and Mia Wasikowska....but the film was a little flat for me.
Some very dark and very funny moments too.

6.5/10

The Rover -

10 years after a global economic collapse, a hardened loner pursues the men who stole his only possession, his car. Along the way, he captures one of the thieves' brother, and the duo form an uneasy bond during the dangerous journey.

Another very interesting film... some great performances again from Pearce & Pattinson and a very odd little movie.
Half post apocalyptic survival movie, half odd road/buddy movie.
Definitely check it out

7/10

edit on 18/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Frank

Funny, clever, and endearingly unusual, Frank transcends its quirky trappings with a heartfelt -- and surprisingly thought-provoking story.

I really enjoyed this... It's mad, funny, touching and the music is pretty cool.
You kind of have to see it to believe it, well worth a watch.

Michael Fassbender & Maggie Gyllenhaal are both excellent

7/10

edit on 19/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Watched Finding Vivian Maier last night and thought it was fantastic.
Just fascinating and her photographs are incredible and she was a troubled, strange individual.
Well worth a watch....even if you're not into photography, it's a fascinating story either way.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Finally watched The Dallas Buyers Club last night. It was wonderful and I thought that it was going to get me really emotional, it did.

There were points in the film that made me jump off of the couch and start yelling at the TV, it's absolutely unbelievable the way people with AIDS/HIV were treated in those day, utterly disgusting.

A childhood friend of mine died in 2008 from AIDS, I've lost 3 people I love from AIDS and can recall how they were treated in the 1980's.

I recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it. The only negative thing was the character development could have been a little more front and center, other than that I loved it.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
These are the last few movies i have watched! I brought alot of movies in Bali recently so have been doing alot of movie watching lol.

Godzilla - 2/10 it was pretty bad, i was expecting alot more but much prefer the original, half the movie didn't even make sense, like they would have scenes that just didn't add up, kind of faulty storyline! And honestly it was boring!

Tammy- 8/10 its hilarious i couldn't stop laughing, Melissa McCarthy is so so funny, my partner didn't think it was as funny though and said its more of a 'girls movie' its a must see though!

Blended- 7/10 i laughed alot it was good too see Adam Sandler make a movie that is actually funny again finally!!!

The Vow- 8/10 this movie made me teary its pretty emotional but if you like romantic movies you will like this one!

The last days on Mars- 6/10 its not bad but it was more like a Zombie movie than one you would expect for a Mars movie, pretty good acting though.

Noah- 3/10 another one that was hyped up to be something great but it wasn't and it was just sad, sad in many ways, cool points lost for Russel Crowe.

Transcendence - 7/10 interesting storyline and good acting it got a bit slow and dragged out at some points but all in all a good movie.

My favourite out of all of them would be Tammy!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join