It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Noah - 6.5/10

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Riddick

4/10

It was pretty much a filler, with generally the same plot as Pitch Black, but not nearly as good.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters

3.5 out of 5 *****

Pretty fun movie.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My man and I watched Great Gatsby I didn't even know we had it he said he bought it months ago and just has been waiting for the right time to watch it with me. Neither one of us has seen it till late. I thought it was really good I give it an 8 out of 10. 4 and a half stars.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Maleficent" - 4 out of 5 stars

A lot better than I expected really. They did a good job of re-imagining the tale from her point of view, while still not destroying the original story. You actually end up totally understanding her rage, and a nice, if not unexpected, twist at the end. Angelina Jolie really does an excellent job of portraying her...especially if you go back and watch the scenes from the original animated classic.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yesterday I watched Vampire Academy, by myself with the curtains closed, shhh don't tell anybody!!

I loved it, lol. It was a fun movie, really enjoyed it and will probably purchase it this weekend.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Just watched 'Skinwalker Ranch '.

www.imdb.com...

I have to say that I thought it well worth a 10 especially when you watch it from the POV that its a 'Documentary' and not a Film, therefore you get to realize that the Actors aren't really supposed to be Acting as it's a sort of 'Live Event' taking place..

Someone on IMDB rated it a 1 but obviously missed the point of it being a Documentary.

I rated it highly because of it's Suspense, i found it to also be 'shocking' at times to think that the events which happened did actually happen and it was caught on Film or at least I found it believable to have actually occurred.

I wonder if anyone here has been to the ranch in UTAH? I'd like to hear from them. Whether they stayed? How long they stayed? Did they see or feel anything strange?
edit on CDTSun, 29 Jun 2014 09:48:52 -0500u3009x152x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: spelling mistake

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Pretty sure ATS did a whole thing where Springer and SO went up there for a weekend, did videos, got photos and stuff.
Was a few years ago?

I'm sure it was there.

And really? You gave this movie 10/10?

ETA:

Yeah here you go (it was when ATS teamed up with Robbie Williams.... dark times lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

media.abovetopsecret.com...:%20%287%29

edit on 29/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Cheers!

Yeah, I gave it 10/10 as a Documentary because it's one of those Documentary's which keep you watching till the end. It had suspense man. As a Film I'd score it low but its a Documentary!!

ha ha.

I'll check those links you posted tmrw as I'm watching something now.

And I'll just add that I watched a film called 'Shadow People' just now and I wish I hadn't as it bought back memories of my experiences with that 'succubus' 'witch' 'alien' or whatever it was...

www.imdb.com...

This one is pretty scary to watch late.
edit on CDTSun, 29 Jun 2014 15:43:42 -0500u3003x142x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The Returned - 3/5.

I found it better than usually rated.

Victims of a virus that causes zombie-like effects run dry on their antivirals that stave off the full effect, and allow the infected to lead normal lives.

Terrorist groups begin to target the infected, along with a militarized panic to contain them before they turn zombie.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WarJohn

"The Notebook" and I give it a 10!! It just celebrated it's 10yr anniversary and my mom had my son last night so I could have some me time and I watched "The Notebook." lol I LOVE that movie but I am a sappy romantic.

I also watched "Blue Valentine" and I give it an 8. I felt a lot of things were left out or rushed but it wasn't bad plus Ryan Gosling again so that alone gives it 7 stars. lol

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Cheers!

Yeah, I gave it 10/10 as a Documentary because it's one of those Documentary's which keep you watching till the end. It had suspense man. As a Film I'd score it low but its a Documentary!!

ha ha.

Um.... you do realise that it's NOT a documentary don't you? It's a fictional movie... everyone in the movie is an actor.

Tells you in the first line it's a movie

en.wikipedia.org...

It gives the cast list on the IMDB

www.imdb.com...

It's like all of these found footage movies... they're not real, they're just movies.

edit on 30/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Its a movie Documentary. They are called 'Docu-Dramas' or in this case a 'Docu-Horror'.

They should change it on IMDB to one of the above.

edit on CDTMon, 30 Jun 2014 14:07:20 -05000000003002x120x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Its a movie Documentary. They are called 'Docu-Dramas' or in this case a 'Docu-Horror'.

I don't get it? Actors play the roles in the movie?
So all of the suff really "happened" and these actors are just re-enacting it?

Can you give me some more examples of films in this genre?

It seems this movie like most "found footage" movies is just nonsense.... like The Fourth Kind and many others purporting to be "based on true events" there's very little truth in them at all.

edit on 30/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How to train your dragon 2.
10 out of 10

A Winter's story.
8 out of 10.

Devil's knot.
8 out of 10.

(But my kids say I like ALL the movies I watch.....lol)

Trailers.......

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

I don't get it? Actors play the roles in the movie?
So all of the suff really "happened" and these actors are just re-enacting it?

Can you give me some more examples of films in this genre?

It seems this movie like most "found footage" movies is just nonsense.... like The Fourth Kind and many others purporting to be "based on true events" there's very little truth in them at all.

Its the "blair witch" genre. Its becoming more and more popular a style, but mostly just serves as a way to get people to overlook the fact that the acting and production is horrible.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The above poster mentioned 'Blair Witch' as an example which is a fine example. The events were "perported" to have happened and it was filmed from the perspective of being a 'Documentary' and it's up to the viewer to determine whether what they just saw in the Movie did actually happen or not. Whereas when you go to watch something like 'Terminator' you know you are just watching a Movie made up from someones imagination and definately not real or never happened in real life!

The people in these 'Docu-Dramas' are Acting but they are Acting a real life person and their perspective, when you go to watch 'Terminator' you are watching Actors act out an invented person or figure.

You can also relate it to something like those TV Series that you watch which show 'Crimes' which have taken place, they are Acted out by Actors but they are actual events so the Actor is Acting exactly how the 'Victim' or 'Perpetrator' Acted on that particular 'Crime'. They are described as 'Docu-Dramas'

You could include these examples of more 'Docu - Films' include Ali, Lincoln, JFK etc etc... basically anything you watch which is 'fact-based' can be described as a 'Docu-Movie'.

Hope that gives you some help.

edit on CDTMon, 30 Jun 2014 16:54:53 -05000000003004x153x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Whereas when you go to watch something like 'Terminator' you know you are just watching a Movie made up from someones imagination and definately not real or never happened in real life!

To be fair I was mostly yanking your chain... I was just in disbelief that you were calling this a Documentary.

It's a Movie... A fictional movie in the Found-Footage genre.

Just like

Blair Witch Project
The Fourth Kind
Cannibal Holocaust
VHS
Paranormal Activity
REC
Cloverfield
Chronicle
Troll Hunter....

I could go on and on and on...They are movies that have no basis in reality.

Skinwalker Ranch may be "loosely based on" or "Inspired by" "purported Incidents" at the Sherman Ranch... There was a book written on it and most of this movie is just fiction, not really related to the "source" material at all.

To call this a Documentary or a "docu-film" really is stretching it, or flat out lying.

I LOVE a good found footage film, really I do...I LOVE horrors and psychological thrillers etc, but let's not pretend they're real.

You could include these examples of more 'Docu - Films' include Ali, Lincoln, JFK etc etc... basically anything you watch which is 'fact-based' can be described as a 'Docu-Movie'.

Ali was a biographical film, not a "docu-film"... Lincoln was a historical Drama, JFK was a political Thriller
None of these films are "docu-Dramas, neither are they filmed as "documentaries".

Hope that gives you some help.

Yep, cheers.... I just wanted to make sure you were really saying what I thought you were saying.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Ali was a biographical film, not a "docu-film"... Lincoln was a historical Drama, JFK was a political Thriller
None of these films are "docu-Dramas, neither are they filmed as "documentaries".

Yes they are what you say but they were all 'Documenting' someones life!

edit on CDTTue, 01 Jul 2014 14:05:25 -0500u3102x125x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Gallowwalkers

9/10

Very good Film.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join