It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, God is immoral.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

And you are saying Epicurus's logic if faulty? That can't be possible, considering if all the qualities he mentions were given numerical values, then the Bible would be numerically faulty, saying that 1=2, 3=4, and 4+2=18.

It doesn't equate in a world where 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, and 4+2 = 6.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Seems you have made one bite the dust with logic and reason.
Atta boy.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I don't want to make anyone "bite the dust". I want them to use their critical thinking skills to realize they've put their faith in a faulty vessel that they cannot fix or change. If they put faith in themselves, they can at least improve themselves; that seems much more reliable.

After all, every prayer is answered by ourselves; it's a form of witchcraft, and that's why people refuse to acknowledge it. But witchcraft isn't a bad thing, it's just very potent, and if you don't know what you're doing, you can do a lot of damage. That's why, when our species was younger, we were warned not to mess with it.

Just as you would warn your 5 year old not to play with fireworks.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't want to make anyone "bite the dust". I want them to use their critical thinking skills to realize they've put their faith in a faulty vessel that they cannot fix or change. If they put faith in themselves, they can at least improve themselves; that seems much more reliable.

After all, every prayer is answered by ourselves; it's a form of witchcraft, and that's why people refuse to acknowledge it. But witchcraft isn't a bad thing, it's just very potent, and if you don't know what you're doing, you can do a lot of damage. That's why, when our species was younger, we were warned not to mess with it.

Just as you would warn your 5 year old not to play with fireworks.

I cannot say that I have ever seen anything at work that falls under the usual definition of witchcraft.
It must be limited to physics and nature and thus cannot ever be proven as anything other than chance, coincidence or what some call fate.

Like it or not, because such things cannot be proven or shown, not to date in any case, dicussions on such lead nowhere in most cases.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Noetic science, in the sense of the study of mind power, formed a motif of the bestselling novel The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. According to the fictional Noetic science of the book, thoughts have mass (contrary to the idea that thoughts are weightless). As gravity affects all matter, thoughts do so as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Essentially, thoughts have power. Thoughts can be used to mold the world around us. That isn't witchcraft? That isn't a pagan or wiccan ideal?

mag·ic/ˈmajik/Noun: The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Until the rise of noetics, the power of thought and intent has been a study of mystery. Seems a pretty apt descrption, doesn't it?

That's what prayers are: sending your intent into the ether in the hopes that the ether will respond. The trick is to recognize when the ether is sending an opportunity in response to your intent.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am aware of noetic science as I have an interest in telepathy having initiated it twice.

To me, it is natural. Not supernatural.

Telepathy is communication and in that sense can influence but not in the sense of making things happen.

I do not think that that is what you have in mind.

It is a damned hard thing to do though and that is why in my long life I have only been able to do it twice.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I never said it was unnatural. I said "mysterious". Witchcraft is not unnatural, it simply uses what many view to be an unusual method of interacting with the forces of nature - it can become scientific, but first we have to develop the tools to study it with.

The book "Supernature" has already scratched the surface, but much more study is required before we can delve deeper.

Telepathy is communication and in that sense can influence but not in the sense of making things happen.

I do not think that that is what you have in mind.

I think what you mean to say is, "I don't understand what this has to do with noetics, please explain it to me."

Try that next time. You'll sound much less arrogant, and I'll be much more inclined to explain the relevance to you. As it stands, you know next to nothing about telepathy. You've achieved it twice?
Wow, you must be an expert by now.

Noetics is the study of quantum thought. Telepathy is the relation of quantum thought as it connects animal to animal. Psionics is the study of noetics as related to using quantum thought as a tool to interact with the environment around you. And then we take it deeper: no just interacting, but CHANGING the world.

Telepathy is one branch of the field I am talking about. Don't presume to tell me that telepathy IS the entire field. That's the same as telling me that fireworks are the entire field of pyrotechnics.

edit on 4-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I was not trying to be arrogant and offer apologies if I gave you that impression.

I did not indicate that telepathy was all there was to noetic sciences.
You want me to accept witchcraft as real yet laugh when I say that I have initiated telepathy twice.

Not much point in going further on this. Neither of us can prove anything to the other at this point in time so there is not much point FMPOV for what we would both see as speculative opinion without knowledge or facts.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I laughed because you implied you know the subject of noetics to significant degree having established telepathic communications twice. I understood it as arrogance. You misunderstood my spin on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It is said that those who know more than one language have a hard time being understood and visa versa.
I know three plus being high strung so I am living proof of that old adage.
Till next time my friend.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join