It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, God is immoral.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Like it or not, God is immoral.

This clip shows how man has defined morality. I generally agree with it as it closely resembles the morality shown in all the holy books. I see them as closely resembling the golden rule.

blog.ted.com...

This clip show how what I see as a good representation of moral men judging God’s morality. I agree with their verdict and judge God to be immoral.

www.youtube.com...

From the above and from all that we know of God as depicted in the Bible, one can only conclude that God is immoral.

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree.

Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans.

If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

god said: "i am who i am". god is god. question is, what influences god ? how is god's will "formed" ?

edit on 12-9-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
God is immoral because I said so"

You do realize this statement has been made many times?

ps he prefers to be called Father

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Oh my! Shock, horror!

The Creator of all that is seen and unseen, the omnipotent, omniscient creator is 'self-serving'...

I wouldn't put much credit into arguing the toss, using material that so thoroughly contradicts itself...or...my, my...has been totally misinterpreted

Fundies will argue the word...but interpret and misinterpret nonetheless...
Detractors will argue the word against the word...but interpret the interpretation...and the misinterpretation...

A99

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree. Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans. If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Back at ya...

All those who do not understand either for lack of actually reading or the lack of intelligent discernment.

God interacting with humans? Hahahahaha..... You don't even know how and when he is interacting so how can you describe him interacting at all?

You are seeing God out of the eyes of someone else, you do not personally know him!!!!

You will only show within this thread ( just like the other one) what you believe based on your limited knowledge and understanding so your immoral acts of God will most definitely be from a book that describes a people 2000 years ago. Their mind set is one you hold today. Why are you stuck there? Why are many stuck there? Why do you think Jesus came on the scene and said follow me.... Because they had no clue who or what God really was and is.

What you will show is how man blames God.... Just as you do. It's an old way of thinking.... Evolve already!

edit on 12-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree. Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans. If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Back at ya...

All those who do not understand either for lack of actually reading or the lack of intelligent discernment.

God interacting with humans? Hahahahaha..... You don't even know how and when he is interacting so how can you describe him interacting at all?

You are seeing God out of the eyes of someone else, you do not personally know him!!!!

You will only show within this thread ( just like the other one) what you believe based on your limited knowledge and understanding so your immoral acts of God will most definitely be from a book that describes a people 2000 years ago. Their mind set is one you hold today. Why are you stuck there? Why are many stuck there? Why do you think Jesus came on the scene and said follow me.... Because they had no clue who or what God really was and is.

What you will show is how man blames God.... Just as you do. It's an old way of thinking.... Evolve already!

You said it better than I did...And so much more bluntly!

A99

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

god said: "i am who i am". god is god. question is, what influences god ? how is god's will "formed" ?

edit on 12-9-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Not by morality and that is what should direct his will.
Right?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Is this your way of refuting the premise?
If so, your apologising needs work.
Will you let my premise win by default?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Regards
DL

Your premise is that you're of God's mind.. to know how He operates.. It's a uniquely human question to ask.
It's beautiful, let's just agree

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Oh my! Shock, horror!

The Creator of all that is seen and unseen, the omnipotent, omniscient creator is 'self-serving'...

I wouldn't put much credit into arguing the toss, using material that so thoroughly contradicts itself...or...my, my...has been totally misinterpreted

Fundies will argue the word...but interpret and misinterpret nonetheless...
Detractors will argue the word against the word...but interpret the interpretation...and the misinterpretation...

A99

Thanks for your non-responce to the O P.

Is that a yes or a no to the premise?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

or: not enough of morality. but what could be the other influences ? maybe it is the animalistic part of the creation, too.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Back at ya...

Thanks for running away from the issue.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Regards
DL

Your premise is that you're of God's mind.. to know how He operates.. It's a uniquely human question to ask.
It's beautiful, let's just agree

Not at all.

I can look at what is said and make a moral judgement though and you will note that so far, every theist has run away from doing the same thing. They know that they do not have a leg to stand on and cannot come up with anything moral that God is said to have done.

What does that tell you?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

or: not enough of morality. but what could be the other influences ? maybe it is the animalistic part of the creation, too.

More like no idea of what morality is all about. Seems that the Bible knows the words to use but God certainly does not know how to put those words to right and moral action.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Free will. double edged and forged by our desires

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The problem with your mind is you are stuck. Your intelligent conversations and silly threads are not knowledgable. Far from it.

Wisdom seeks the knowledge.

You do not seek any knowledge.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

do you believe, you can decide your fate with free will ?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

My patience with this op is running thin. I apologize!

His other threads are telling and he is very quick to denounce God based on half truths of stories he has been told. The op is not a seeker. He only wants to be heard. There is no wisdom in that.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Op, I'm not going to go back and forth with you, I will allow other to try to get in your mind and heart. Maybe you will awaken today. That's my hope.

Before I leave you to your thread though I would like to offer you a good read.

Maybe this text will get through to your heart.... Well..... If you read it.

www.hermetics.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by HamrHeed

do you believe, you can decide your fate with free will ?

I believe he gave us free will to help us understand why we need not to fill voids with earthly desires. Kids these days are screaming out for help

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join