It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
All religions are bashed by the arts. It is the job of artists to make us question our beliefs. I fail to see how someone else's opinion of your faith entitles you to kill? Is your God unable to defend himself? Does what someone else says so weaken your faith? What is the issue? They are only words for Pete's sake.

I don't care what someone says about my faith. It is on them, not me. Am I sometimes offended? Yes. Would I kill because of it? Absolutely not.

This is a shocking and heinous act. My sympathies to the loved ones of those who died.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
That is the funniest attempt at a movie I have ever seen!!

So this movie comes out, muslims get mad and kill an ambassador a country away from where the movie was released. This is a BIG step back for western/middle eastern relations..

The US should consider pulling out troops/ambassadors or seriously stepping up security around all assets in the entire middle east.

The movie is not funny. It is sad and immature. This is like making a movie about Jesus being a stupid homosexual. I'm sure plenty of Christians wouldn't be too happy about it. Infact, I bet it would be pulled off youtube the same day.

The US should consider leaving the middle east and worrying about the US.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I cant get over how safe the UK & USA have made the Middle East over the last 30 months since Cameron got in No 10, if anyone feels safe on holiday in the area now then they have strong nerves.
The world under Cameron has been made a tinderbox.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
i think i'm not getting my opinion across.
i hate war,and i hate the fact that humans use god as an excuse to kill other humans.
but when one religious group mocks another with such a blatent hate film as this,in such a volitile part of the world,what the he77 do you expect to happen!!!???
the film was made in america by a jewish guy,who got $5 million from other jewish americans to make this rubbish!
seriously,what did you expect to happen???

i don't believe in god in the traditional sense,and i would definitely NOT kill for any god!
what has happened was wrong,all over the board.
but isn't this the false flag that everyone on ats is talking about?
it is on every news channel now!
keep your tv's tuned in kids,cause obama is gonna have to make a speech.
this is gonna get ugly quick!
its funny,i'm canadian.
harper just pulled our diplomats outta iran.
harper just recieved an award in new york for being a 'fighter for democracy' by a jewish group!
gas just went up 3.5 cents/per litre over night here. (about 20 cents a gallon)
anti muslim/anti mohammad hate film trailer released on 9/11
american diplomat killed.
american embassy trashed in egypt.
obama punks of isreal prime minister to appear on letterman,just so it looks like he's not interested in war (yet) with iran,until after the election!
whats next? what do you think?
Your point hasn't been lost on me. We share the exact sentiments in regards to this situation. When you look at the whole story it just seems convenient. We can attribute some unrest as natural for the region (as unfortunate as it is), but the whole region imploding says much more than some want to admit. I don't recall anyone claiming to be an atheist supporting the attacks. Moreover, as an individual with no religious connections myself I find the whole situation absurd. Maybe my neutral position leads way to a different perspective than some.There are a lot of angles right now, and it makes one wonder about the untold story.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Again it adds to my point...

The US was not the only country invovled in Libya. The US was not the lead country in Libya. The Us was not the country submitting the requested actions to the UN.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1973 - UN Source
UNSCR 1973 - Wiki

Proposed by:
France, Lebanon, and the United Kingdom

The vote was conducted by the Security council, which contrary to popular belief is actually 15 members, with 5 permanent who hold veto powers.

The vote -
Yes Vote - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Gabon, Lebanon, Nigeria, Portugal, South Africa, France, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

No Vote - None

Abstained - Brazil, Germany, and India, and permanent members China and Russia.

Military Enforcement
Nations invovled militarily -
States enforcing UN SC Resolution 1973:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NATO
Albania
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canada
Denmark
France
Greece
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
Romania
Spain
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

Jordan
Qatar
Sweden
United Arab Emirates

Commanders and leaders
Coalition
Anders Fogh Rasmussen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen Harper
Charles Bouchard
Nicolas Sarkozy
Édouard Guillaud
Alain Juppé
Pierre-François Forissier
Jean-Paul Paloméros
Elrick Irastorza
Giorgio Napolitano
Silvio Berlusconi
Ignazio La Russa
Rinaldo Veri
David Cameron
Sir Stuart Peach
Dr Liam Fox
Phillip Hammond
Barack H. Obama
Carter Ham
Sam Locklear
Jens Stoltenberg
Grete Faremo
Harald Sunde
Abdullah II
Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
Sverker Göranson
Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan

As we can see the US is not the only nation present.

My point is not to argue the Us had no involvement, as we did. My point is to show the US was not the leading force on Libya and did not contribute in depth (France / UK militaries took the lead). Its also to show the West is not the only nations who supported this action. If we look in deeper you will find most African Union countries supported the actions against Libya.

So, if this is blowback as some claim, then why stop with the US? Especially when other countries were way more involved than we were?

Could it be possible this is not blowback because of the UN resolution but in fact an over reaction by extremist muslim islamists religious zealots who apparently are too stupid to communicate in a civilized manner?

You dont like the movie because its insulting - No problem at all. Feel free to complain about the movie, arrange boycotts etc. Hell why not go one step further and actually pick the movie apart piece by piece and take the claims head on? Would that not be better as it would counter the "ignorant" view of a pastor while at the same time educating those following the story who are not of the Islamic faith?

These morons could have taken this moment to correct ignorance about the Islamic faith.

Instead, by these extremists religious zealots own actions / defiling their own religion, they have done nothing but show there might be some truth to the video itself, which will further this cycle no one is going to win.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
september 11 aniversary, a controversial movie by an Israelian in USA against the prophet of muslims and an attack to US embassy in Libya and killing one by excuse of this insult !
are not all of these familiar to you !
edit on 12-9-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I cannot help thinking the NATO countrys are led by fools today, Cameron is so crazy he ought to be put away for everyone's sake, the USA leader has been so scared of upsetting his Muslim brothers he has help kill Christians in middle east and other parts of the world, he is so stupid he now wants Israel to allow Iran to nuke them first to allow Iran to give nuclear bombs to terror groups to kill Britain off too, who said WW3 wont be about religion? WW3 is now on, and it sure is not because of oil or money, it is like WW2 it is about faith millions will soon die for.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Dance puppet, dance. This is exactly the reaction that this kind of attack is intended to provoke. Well done for jumping right on in there and playing along. You are NO better than those who have participated in this attack. You are the same as they are.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood
This video is immature and sickening. The complete disregard for this religion is ...wow. This is what you get when people with no brain are given a video camera. I have no other words to describe it other than ignorant.

...and by extension when zealot extremists radical muslims with no brains get offended by a movie that is extremely critical / woefully ignorant of their religion it would be best for them to take actions that dont support the claims in the movie.

The radical response just brought a world of attention to the guys movie as well as the possibility that more people might buy into the video because of the radical response.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Are not you that Israeli that made that odd film against the prophet of muslims in the heart of USA !
and now some radicals attacked USA's embassy by that excuse ! who were they !
Hey Israel is making another false flag that is again against middle easterns and americans!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Absolutely agree.

People seem to completely ignore the genuine anger people naturally have against their government when that government becomes dangerous or criminal.

You could actually compare this to the USA, there are a lot of people here stating that the US government has gone beyond its bounds and started to become a threat to the people, but those same people seem to think that people in Syria are being "controlled" by the CIA - so as a question to those people, are you being controlled and influenced by Russia and China to be angry at the actions of your government?

People will fight back against their dictators without the influence of an outside force. People have their limits. If you saw your government gunning down people in the street you'd probably be joining a fight against it too, you wouldn't need the CIA to convince you of anything.

The idea that all these many hundreds of thousands of people are all being manipulated by the CIA is not only stupid, it's f'ing insulting to those people who have the balls to stand up and fight for their neighbors, families and communities.

I would even go so far as to say that regardless of who has their fingers in which pies, these people are the victims in all of this. The innocent citizens are the ones facing the brunt of these freaks of nature controlling things. Whether it's Assad or some sicko in the CIA, the people are the ones suffering, and they have the right to defend themselves against WHOEVER it is attacking them.

As for the OP, it's sad that this has happened, but this is all part of the job. There is no excuse for the killing of someone based on "insulting a belief", but we know how these things go. There should be serious questions raised about the security and safety of people in these countries, and there should be serious questions asked about the constant poking and prodding of a dangerous group of religious extremists.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by TrueBlood
This video is immature and sickening. The complete disregard for this religion is ...wow. This is what you get when people with no brain are given a video camera. I have no other words to describe it other than ignorant.

...and by extension when zealot extremists radical muslims with no brains get offended by a movie that is extremely critical / woefully ignorant of their religion it would be best for them to take actions that dont support the claims in the movie.

The radical response just brought a world of attention to the guys movie as well as the possibility that more people might buy into the video because of the radical response.

I agree 100%. I would have never even heard of this film if it wasn't for this. It would have drifted into silence. But the fact is these idiots did make noise about it and now it's an issue. But see the bigger problem here is the stupid books that cause this. I can see why it offends people but the fact remains that the religions themselves end up causing more harm than good at the end of the day.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The reason the US embassy was singled out is not because of some film, but because yesterday the head of al Qaeda told Lybians to rise up and kill Americans (I believe as a result of some high level ol Qaeda official being offed in a drone strike). Al Qaeda have been setting up camps in the east and the government has been calling for drone strikes on those camps for near on a year now. Yet they remain. Why do they remain? Because their purpose is to destabalize the regions they have been installed into. The film is just a destraction, and a scapegoat.
edit on 12-9-2012 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

and this is why I say Israel is behind all of these. and who knows what is their true movie for next decade!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

i don't know man,it just seems all too fishy.
timing is everything!
the god i believe in doesn't kill in the name of offense.
i believe that we are all gods,and we have to discover that.
then peace will reign.
the egyptians and libyans responsible for this madness should be held responsible.
the american jew(s) that are responsible for the film should be held responsible.
they knew what would happen if they released that film. who holds them responsible for murder?
i like your quote 'every man would give his only begotten son for democracy'
metallica! wasn't the film called johnny goes to war?
the song - one

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I guess then it's OK for Christians, Jews and almost every other religious group out there to go kill people then? Seeing that each of their prophets and gods have been mocked at one point or another?

I hope you realize how stupid you sound. Firstly, no one else acts this way in this day and age. We've all grown except for Islam.

Judaism is in 2012.
Christianity is in 2012.
Islam is in 1202.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

and this is why I say Israel is behind all of these. and who knows what is their true movie for next decade!!!

More holy war?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

yes you are true radicals are in Lybia. one day they Jihad for USA in Syria the next day they attack Syria !!!
this is because their bosses want them to do whatever they want ! I can not accuse any but Israel. did you know that Ghaddafi could speak Hebrew !!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Elaborate. Didn't "liberal" westerners encourage this "change " in egypt through social media?
Why are they in war mode? (egypt military)

There seems to be a mindset that people in the Middle East cannot think for themselves.

Nah. Lack of self control for sure. And they get caught up in group mentality. A line was definitely crossed but they know they can get away with just about anything right now with the current POTUS.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by reficul

I guess then it's OK for Christians, Jews and almost every other religious group out there to go kill people then? Seeing that each of their prophets and gods have been mocked at one point or another?

I hope you realize how stupid you sound. Firstly, no one else acts this way in this day and age. We've all grown except for Islam.

Judaism is in 2012.
Christianity is in 2012.
Islam is in 1202.

That's bull. If someone made a video showing Jesus in the same light as this video did Muhmamad it would be pulled off youtube. Anything that questions Israel is already widely censored throughout the entire internet. No see you play by the rules unless you're the red headed step child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join