It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Not sure if this link was posted but it has the list of countries and cities jumping this idiotic protest bandwagon.
The curious part is they all have the US and Israeli flags ready for burning
I am not sure how much countries sells the US and Israeli flags openly and readily available for the people if they're really against the US

www.news1130.com...

LINK

BBC_LIVE
edit on 14-9-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It's not going to keep them from trying.

Just as I figured, this is going to get thrown up in Hillary Clinton's face again...

The attacks on Americans and American values abroad this week gave Rep. Bachmann an new opportunity to talk about the threat the Muslim Brotherhood and Sharia Law presents both at home and internationally.

In July, Bachmann, along with Reps. Trent Franks (R-AZ), Louie Gohmert (R-TX), Tom Rooney (R-FL) and Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA) accused Hilary Clinton aide and the wife of former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) Huma Abedin of having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

“The influence today of the Muslim Brotherhood at the highest levels, from the White House, to the Pentagon, to the FBI, even to our United States military, truly is breathless and people have to know about it,” Bachmann said at the time.

redalertpolitics.com...

link   

Well, that Muslim plan will fail here in the United States.

They may - transform- Egypt but not the USA.

This will blow you away friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Yep. There's no other reason for Iran to recently reverse it's family planning in such tough economic times.

"Iran Reverses Family Planning, Calls for More Children" (August 29, 2012)

iranprimer.usip.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ayman al-Zawahri sure is making his rounds isn't he?

First he calls for Libyans to kill "crusaders" of drone attacks on September 10th and then turns around and calls for "supporting jihad" to overthrow Assad in Syria on September 11th.

Interestingly enough, he claims that the U.S. is supporting Assad to keep him in power so radical Islam doesn't take over the Middle East.

More statements from al-Zawahri:

Speaking on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks, Zawahri criticized Muslim governments in the Middle East and in Asia for failing to pursue the cause of political Islam.

Zawahri said the United States was propping up Assad because it feared the rise of another Islamist regime to threaten its ally Israel.

"Supporting jihad in Syria to establish a Muslim state is a basic step towards Jerusalem, and thus America is giving the secular Baathist regime one chance after another for fear that a government is established in Syria that would threaten Israel," he said.

www.reuters.com...

Don't let the article fool you when he condemns the Muslim Brotherhood for helping to protect Israel's borders.

We all know that's a ruse until the Muslim Brotherhood can better situate themselves.

In the end, it might actually turn out to be a battle between the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda on who's going to lead this "Muslim state" that they're both working towards forming.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
This is awful news but goes to show at the same time that Western intervention has not done a lot of good for the country. When that tyrant, Gaddafi was finally taken off his chair of power everyone thought Libya would change and be a country of prosperity and growth. Unfortunately it has been overcome by small pockets of gangs wanting to take control of the country and only interested in one thing; money. I sincerely hope the UN deploys troops in order to get Libya back to where it was after Gaddafi fell so they can have a proper police force and a proper army to keep law and order.

They are trying...the Libyans, that is. It isn't something that is going to be easy and certainly not instantaneous. The course of political reform is a troubled one and what is happening is pretty much what would be expected after 42 years of oppression.

And, really, they're doing quite well, considering. They can't help it if it is the Taliban's...or rather 'Al Qaeda's' M.O. to seek out any opportunity when a power vacuum presents itself...that's the way it is. The fact that the people of Libya are rejecting that behavior and doing all they can to hopefully keep help when they need it, in spite of this horrid event that happened...says a lot.

The UNSC's resolve was to do everything possible to protect civilians during the trouble back in March - October ...short of 'ground occupation forces.'

We have now a lesson in contrasts...we can see one approach in Afghanistan and the opposite in Libya....let's see who does better.

I'm thinking that Libya will, but then again, there are other circumstances and no 'control' group, as it were. Afghanistan hasn't had any sort of organized rule for almost as long as Libya has had excessively controlling organized rule. It is going to make a difference.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I dug this up just for you.

The document itself is old (1987?), but it shows intent for North America.

The Muslim Brotherhood’s Strategic Plan

Here, we look at the contents of the secret Muslim Brotherhood strategic plan for North America, which the FBI uncovered in 2004. The plan explains how the Ikhwan seeks to extend shariah into the United States and Canada.

shariahthethreat.org...

Eliminating free speech is part of Shariah, isn't it??

edit on 14-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Interesting link, Thanks. When I see something like that, I always wonder who put it out, what's their agenda, who is funding them? So I saw it was a project of the Center For Security Policy. So I looked them up. Sites like DiscoverTheNetworks.org cite people from the Center For Security Policy all over the place in their analysis of other groups, but don't seem to have a page analyzing Center For Security Policy. Strange, but it made me even more curious.

So I fell back on Wikipedia. Wikipedia defines the Center For Security Policy as:

The Center for Security Policy (CSP) is a Washington, D.C. right-wing think tank that focuses on national security issues. The Center was founded in 1988 by Frank Gaffney, Jr.. The CSP advocates neoconservative and policies based on a philosophy of "Peace through Strength," which "is not a slogan for military might but a belief that America's national power must be preserved and properly used for it holds a unique global role in maintaining peace and stability."

Source

But where it really gets interesting is further down in the same Wikipedia entry where there is a list of prominent members of the Center For Security Policy:

• Jack Dyer Crouch, II, former Deputy National Security Advisor
  • Monica Crowley, talk radio host
  • Douglas J. Feith, former Undersecretary of Defense for Policy
  • Frank Gaffney, Project for the New American Century
  • Caroline Glick, American-Israeli journalist for Makor Rishon and deputy managing editor of The Jerusalem Post,
  • Richard C. Hoagland, author and conspiracy theorist
  • Linda Moulton Howe, contributing correspondent to Coast to Coast AM
  • Laura Ingraham, talk radio host[4]
  • Richard Perle, former chairman of the Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee and United States Assistant Secretary of Defense
  • James G. Roche, former United States Secretary of the Air Force

Source

That's mostly a who's who list of people involved with the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), the Project for the New American Century, and the two Bush administrations. Those names make sense, though there are some scary tie-ins with major conspiracy theories. The CFR is of course frequently cited as being an arm of the New World Order power grab. And the Project for the New American Century wrote the document that many believe laid out the plans for a new Pearl Harbor (allegedly 9/11, according to some) and much of the war on terror and the various wars and military actions since 9/11.

But two names on the list really stand out as out of place: Richard C. Hoagland and Linda Moulton Howe.

ATS members will probably immediately recognize these names. Richard C. Hoagland is the main name behind the Face On Mars stuff, plus allegations of alien bases on the moon and NASA Nazi scientist occult rituals on top of the Great Pyramid at the millenium and other such. Linda Moulton Howe runs EarthFiles.com and is a frequent guest on Coast to Coast AM about UFO stuff and other things that seem pretty unrelated to politics. She does seem to also be into environmental stuff, so maybe that's why they want her involved.

But Richard C. Hoagland's involvement seems very strange. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy wondering about all the stuff he wonders about too and am open-minded (but would like to see more evidence...). But it seems very strange that he's hanging out with and participating in a right-wing neo-conservative possibly New World Order pushing think tank specializing in international security policy.

Bizarre, to say the least. My son said maybe they want him involved so someone is thinking about things that are way out there, like what if the aliens really do invade while we're right in the middle of all these other problems.

Just thought it was really weird. Maybe space alien lizards really do run the world and manipulate things... :-)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I can't believe they are talking between the four hearses.

edit on 013030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

edit on 14-9-2012 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

You are so right queenannie. the Libyans are doing their best to return to a normal peaceful life. However, the ordinary people are at the mercy of others with more power, money and sinister agendas, as are we all.

I just hope and pray that they will have not have to face any more violence and that this latest horrendous incident will bring about a new policy of security in the country so they can continue this slow but sure recovery from the last eighteen months of upheaval.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

edit on 14-9-2012 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

Absolutely, my mistake, still I don't think this is the appropriate place and time.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysunshine
reply to post by queenannie38

You are so right queenannie. the Libyans are doing their best to return to a normal peaceful life. However, the ordinary people are at the mercy of others with more power, money and sinister agendas, as are we all.

I just hope and pray that they will have not have to face any more violence and that this latest horrendous incident will bring about a new policy of security in the country so they can continue this slow but sure recovery from the last eighteen months of upheaval.

The groups you are referring to are the Salifi Extremists and the Muslim Brotherhood.

That's who probably burned down the KFC in Tripoli.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yes, those are likely the groups who are trying to keep Libya unstable. However I believe the KFC that was burnt was in Tripoli Lebanon and not Libya.

It has been peaceful all day so far in Tripoli Libya.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysunshine

Yes, those are likely the groups who are trying to keep Libya unstable. However I believe the KFC that was burnt was in Tripoli Lebanon and not Libya.

It has been peaceful all day so far in Tripoli Libya.

Oh yes. That's right. My mistake. Tripoli Lebanon

The attack was in Benghazi, Libya. I saw the Google Earth photo of the consulate there.

That was an easy target to hit.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap
1. Jesus is just as much a prophet in Judaism as he is in Islam.

but are you sure ? I do not think so!
I am no anti_judaist, Israel does not mean Judaism, Judaism is a monotheistic religion like Islam and christianity. all of them have many things in common.

2. The meat and bones of the difference between Islam and Christianity? Islam accepts Muhammad, essentially, as their Christ, and Jesus as a lesser profit. The difference between Jesus and Muhammad, comparing the Christian New Testament and the Islamic Koran, is that when Jesus was approached to be crucified he went peacefully and asked his disciples to do the same, when Muhammad was approached he drew to swords and asked his disciples to do the same.

Jesus did the right thing. Jesus could not withstand the false leaders that called themselves jew leaders because no one were to support the truth. Jesus was alone the same that he is alone now ! and diciples had to remain to spread the truth.
vatican does propaganda thusly because it is itself under the influence of wrong leaders the same that Wahabies and salafies (radical islamists) are.

If you want to talk Christ and Anti-Christ philosophy, this symbolism occurred two thousand years ago and the war has been fought ever since. If the anti-Christ legend is to be true (I doubt it very much) I would think a believer must recognize that it is either Jesus or Muhammad that is the anti-Christ.

well yes indeed it exists. anti_christ is no one but Lucifer and it's soldiers !
I can not understand the difference between Moses ,Jesus or Muhammed. they all were anti_pharaos ! someday peacfull protest is enough, someday you have no choice unless use a Gun to defend yourself.
edit on 14-9-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting, The Smoking Gun is reporting that

Producer Of Anti-Islam Film Was Fed SnitchText
L.A. man began cooperating with prosecutors after 2009 fraud bust
... [Hillary] Clinton’s attempt to distance the U.S. from “Innocence of Muslims”--and, by extension, its felonious producer--may be complicated by the revelation that Nakoula Basseley Nakoula became a government informant after his 2009 arrest for bank fraud, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Though many key documents from the U.S. District Court case remain sealed, a June 2010 sentencing transcript provides an account of Nakoula’s cooperation with federal investigators in Los Angeles (and how his prison sentence was reduced as a result).

Source

They have excerpts of court documents stating this during the sentencing.

And not only that, allegedly the mastermind of the bank fraud stuff was supposedly Eiad Salameh. Apparently Salameh was (is?) allegedly being sought for bank fraud and possible financial terrorism and Nakoula gave the feds lots of detailed info on him. If you Google Eiad Salameh, it really leads down the rabbit hole...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ALF88
I said it in the other thread, I will say it again. That is called "Blowback".

Since some more info has come out I will state that you are correct on the blow back comment and I was wrong.

My apologies and excellent job on your analysis.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

That is something I clearly didn't expect from you. Apology accepted.

If I am wrong im wrong and in this case your analysis was right on and mine was based on the movie issue.

Contrary to popular belief im not the condescending ass people accuse me of being and I can be wrong. Its hard enough to relay tone / inflection / meaning etc in typed words and it becomes even more difficult when we throw in other countries and their unique ways of doing things into the mix.

A difference in opinion is one thing...
When the difference is supported by fact that is impossible to refute the argument then stands on its own merits.

Originally posted by ALF88That doesn't change our differences on the Israel-Iran issue though.

Difference of opinion is one of the greatest assets we have in our arsenal outside of weapons. The world would be pretty boring if we all agreed though and I seriously doubt we would be anywhere near the tech / social / culture level we are without it.

Just because we are on opposite sides of an issue doesnt mean we cant learn from each other.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Tayyar News Service in Lebanon claimed the ambassador was raped before he was murdered. How accurate that source is i do not know? But the fact this hasn't even got a mention by the US media is there a cover up?
edit on 14-9-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
Tayyar News Service in Lebanon claimed the ambassador was raped before he was murdered. How accurate that source is i do not know? But the fact this hasn't even got a mention by the US media is there a cover up?
edit on 14-9-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

Im thinking it has to do with the source...

The bodies were flown to Europe and then on to the US. Autopsy results were completed and no one mentioned anything about that..

The way Fixnews is going after the mess they would have not only run it but they would of spent the time to put together a flashy graphics intro, some ominous organ music etc etc etc...

Generally speaking autopsy on a body aftr a suspicious death ngets some extra attention to get a definite cause of death. Some times a medical issue exists and is the cause, being onset by the actions that occured when they got a hold og him.

I am curious where the outrage is over muslims destroying this -
Muslim demonstrators destroy Virgin Mary in Niger in anger over anti-Islam film

I dunno.. maybe if the religious Islamic radical goose stepping morons tried reading books instead of burning them they could better control their anger / temper.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join