Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 27
46
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
edit on 13-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hmmm....

We have 98 days until the end of the world.

Perhaps this unrest is all a part of it, and maybe it will only get worse before it will get better.

Who'd a thunk this was all prophesied by the Mayans hundreds of years ago?



posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast
 


LOL! That pretty much sums it up!

So, now, how do we tie in the Al Qaeda video that was released on September 10th showing Ayman al-Zawahiri giving a eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi and telling all Muslims and Libyans to take revenge by killing the "crusaders" of the drone attack that killed him in June?

What's so convoluted about this whole Middle Eastern fiasco that's happening right now is knowing that I can give at least one, and probably many more reasons why every single intelligence agency, as well as every faction of Islamic terrorists between here and the Middle East would want to pull off this exact stunt.

I'm guessing the CIA is your single agency of choice?



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by ikonoklast
 


LOL! That pretty much sums it up!

So, now, how do we tie in the Al Qaeda video that was released on September 10th showing Ayman al-Zawahiri giving a eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi and telling all Muslims and Libyans to take revenge by killing the "crusaders" of the drone attack that killed him in June?

What's so convoluted about this whole Middle Eastern fiasco that's happening right now is knowing that I can give at least one, and probably many more reasons why every single intelligence agency, as well as every faction of Islamic terrorists between here and the Middle East would want to pull off this exact stunt.

I'm guessing the CIA is your single agency of choice?



I don't know how or whether the Al Qaeda video ties in, I haven't really followed that.

You're right, there are a lot of intelligence agencies and other factions that might want to pull off something like this. But apparently the ambassador had just returned to Libya and the details of the trip to Benghazi were supposedly confidential. And the State Department was allegedly warned of possible attacks 2 days before, but still security was lacking.

It sounds an awful lot like the ambassador was set up. It could have been just a leak. But if it's not normal to have such light security when you've just been warned of possible attack, it seems more likely whoever set things up had some level of control or influence over the ambassador's itinerary and security detail.

If the "Sam Bacile" video was part of the plan, I would expect that makes it even more likely it was the CIA or some other intelligence agency rather than the State Department.

This is all conjecture, but it seems logical. If you could figure out why some intelligence agency (or someone with such connections) might want Ambassador Stevens dead, that might tell you a lot.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
some interesting stuff happening breaking news this was from my twitter feed sound like they are about to attack or setting up drone space

Breaking News‏@BreakingNews

No-fly zone imposed over Libyan city of Benghazi for 48 hours following US consulate attack, all flights suspended - @NBCNews' @AymanM



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i think all hell will break lose after friday prayers in the middle east tonight.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast
 




If the "Sam Bacile" video was part of the plan, I would expect that makes it even more likely it was the CIA or some other intelligence agency rather than the State Department.

This is all conjecture, but it seems logical. If you could figure out why some intelligence agency (or someone with such connections) might want Ambassador Stevens dead, that might tell you a lot.


I do believe the "Sam Bacile" video was part of the plan to deflect attention away from the Al Qaeda video. The video called for Libyans to act.

Personally, I also believe that the people that wanted Ambassador Stevens dead had more to do with Islamic terrorists than an intelligence agency. I don't know what to think of the lack of security for Stevens, other than to think that Libyan security forces had our State Dept. convinced that they had everything under control despite the recent attacks that had taken place there in the last week.

Maybe this will give more insight as to what's going on over there.

"Struggle for Ideological Upper Hand in Muslim World Seen as Factor in Attacks"


Bernard Haykel, a professor of Middle East studies at Princeton University, said, “It’s true that there are sanctions against insulting the Prophet, but this is really about political or symbolic opportunists, who use religious symbols to advance their own power or prestige against other groups.”

Libya and Egypt are especially vulnerable to this kind of contest over symbols and power; their new national governments are still insecure about the exercise of authority, and newly empowered ultraconservative religious groups — mostly known as Salafis — are keen to assert their visibility and influence against other factions. Libya, in particular, remains a checkerboard of militias, some of them composed of Salafis, who have proved themselves capable of intimidating the newly elected government.


www.nytimes.com...

A closer look into what's already been taking place in Libya recently will also help. This was published on August 27th. So, Benghazi was specifically called out as being an area of "increasing activities of suspected jihadi groups" in recent months.


The attacks on the Sufi shrines highlight two negative trends in Libya. First, the increasing power and scope of resurgent armed Salafist groups, which have been blamed for a number of attacks against Sufi sites in recent months, as well as implicated in a number of bombings and other attacks against foreign interests. This ties into a broader trend of radical Islamism that the authorities have struggled to control, highlighted by the increasing activities of suspected jihadi groups, particularly in and around the eastern city of Benghazi.

Secondly, the attacks highlight the continued deficit of central government authority in the country, even in the capital Tripoli, as a result of the protracted integration of revolutionaries into the security forces, and the continued integral role of the SSC in directing and overseeing said security forces. While the response of Magariaf and the new congress is a positive reflection of the ideals shared by the majority of Libyans, the disconnect between these ideals and the machinery of state still controlled by opaque and partisan interests represents a continued source of instability.



www.ihs.com...



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
some interesting stuff happening breaking news this was from my twitter feed sound like they are about to attack or setting up drone space

Breaking News‏@BreakingNews

No-fly zone imposed over Libyan city of Benghazi for 48 hours following US consulate attack, all flights suspended - @NBCNews' @AymanM


Yes, the breaking news is just getting worse.

Hillary will have to answer some difficult questions under oath.

" What did you know and when did you know it?"



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
i think all hell will break lose after friday prayers in the middle east tonight.


The Obama administration has a foreign policy disaster on their hands.

Should Obama fly back to Las Vegas?

Democrat Bob Beckel said it was a terrible idea for Obama to give a speech about

the death of our ambassador Chris Stevens and then hop on Air Force One to go

to Vegas.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ALF88
I said it in the other thread, I will say it again. That is called "Blowback".


Since some more info has come out I will state that you are correct on the blow back comment and I was wrong.

My apologies and excellent job on your analysis.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



That is something I clearly didn't expect from you. Apology accepted.

That doesn't change our differences on the Israel-Iran issue though.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
LOOKING FOR FACTS

Can anyone identify the first time that the film "The Innocence of Muslims" was identified as the catalyst for the attack on the Lybian Embassy? (Or even the first mention of a anti-Muslim video being cited as the cause of the attack)

The answer to this would be appreciated beyond words because I'm still trying to understand how a video that no one had heard of before September 11, 2012, a video which no version on the Internet had over 10K views prior to the attack on the embassy, a video not reported on by the Arab press as being Islamaphobic or an act of blasphemy (which would spur discussion/outrage throughout the region); how such a thing could lead to these attacks because frankly the audience numbers/visibility of the film needed to spur these events are just not there.

In my opinion, based on the evidence I have seen the film "The Innocence of Muslims" has nothing to do with and no connection to the attacks other than a media outlet reporting it or government statement linking it which is why I need your help to try to pinpoint the first mention of a film being the cause of the attack.

Thank you so much for your insight!!!



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202
 



Sheik Khaled Abdalla, a fiery Egyptian TV host on the Islamist satellite TV channel al-Nas, Abdalla is reported to have set off the outrage when he broadcast a clip of the movie trailer that showed the man playing Muhammad. After he showed the video on Sept. 8, the Atlantic Wire reports, online views of the video soared. According to the Guardian, Abdalla drums up outrage among his audience by homing in on perceived threats to Islam and intensifying them.


newsfeed.time.com...



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202
 


It's not about the movie.

They hated us long before the movie even existed.

I'll say this much for the Muslim Brotherhood. They are patient.

-------------
Now they are attacking embassies in Sudan.

What's next?

------------
The White House better wake up. They are starting to look like Baghdad Bob.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Very true.

In the meanwhile, the Al Qaeda video of Zawahiri telling Libyans to incite violence and to kill the "crusaders" of the June drone attack on al-Libi was recorded in July, even though it wasn't released until September 10th. The Muslim video didn't air on Egyptian television until September 8th. It was all coordinated together.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Very true.

In the meanwhile, the Al Qaeda video of Zawahiri telling Libyans to incite violence and to kill the "crusaders" of the June drone attack on al-Libi was recorded in July, even though it wasn't released until September 10th. The Muslim video didn't air on Egyptian television until September 8th. It was all coordinated together.


They have $1.5 Billion. Where will the Muslim Brotherhood attack next?

I see they just started attacking embassies in Sudan.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by NickDC202
 



Sheik Khaled Abdalla, a fiery Egyptian TV host on the Islamist satellite TV channel al-Nas, Abdalla is reported to have set off the outrage when he broadcast a clip of the movie trailer that showed the man playing Muhammad. After he showed the video on Sept. 8, the Atlantic Wire reports, online views of the video soared. According to the Guardian, Abdalla drums up outrage among his audience by homing in on perceived threats to Islam and intensifying them.


newsfeed.time.com...


Thank you Deetermined for that information.

An interesting quote I read in the Atlantic Wire article cited in your post (which was written on July 13) is "That clip of Abdullah's show has now attracted over 300,000 views." However there is no mention of: Abdullah's average audience size, the number of views of that clip prior to the Lybian attacks, if Abdullah is a known figure to Lybian viewers or his show is carried in Lybia.

From the evidence you've shared and what I've previously found regarding the Lybian attacks there is ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION or evidence of the film as the catalyst for the attack. Also in the past, such as the Dutch cartoonist events a few years ago, the modus operandi is highly cited/well publicized awareness of the catalyst causing a mass outrage throughout the region; with this film we have NOT seen any such publicly visible outrage prior to the attack (aside from the Abdullah clip Deetermined was kind enough to point us to).

Why is the media still pushing the film as the catalyst and not the fact that because extremists killed 2500 Americans on 9/11/01 that our American response has been to kill hundreds of thousands throughout the middle east (most of whom were civilians)?



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by NickDC202
 


It's not about the movie.

They hated us long before the movie even existed.

I'll say this much for the Muslim Brotherhood. They are patient.

-------------
Now they are attacking embassies in Sudan.

What's next?

------------
The White House better wake up. They are starting to look like Baghdad Bob.


You are spot-on in your comments.

Have my fellow Americans become such sheep that they are ignorant to the fact that there is no connection between the film and the attacks throughout the world?



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202
 


The media is busy right now.

- Ignore current events around the world

- Attack Mitt Romney



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Tunisia and Sudan US embassies have both been breached within minutes of each other.
This appears to be coordinated. It's safe to say the United States is under attack.

We need to get our people out of ALL ME and North African embassies immediately, lest they share the same horrible fate of our late Libyan ambassador.



posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Tunisia and Sudan US embassies have both been breached within minutes of each other.
This appears to be coordinated. It's safe to say the United States is under attack.

We need to get our people out of ALL ME and North African embassies immediately, lest they share the same horrible fate of our late Libyan ambassador.


The embassy in Yemen is doing just fine.

They built that one right.

The others appear to be soft targets.





new topics

top topics



 
46
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join