It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

The Libyan government has condemned the attack and offered assistance in bringing those responsible to justice, so explain to me again why it's an act of war?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I always wondered why the spent +$1 billion building new embassies over in that region.

Maybe they paid far less to build them but if the locals over there burn them to the ground it's a hell of a write off for America.

Send in the B-2's and level anything over 1 story. But I don't think Obama will.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto

The Libyan government has condemned the attack and offered assistance in bringing those responsible to justice, so explain to me again why it's an act of war?
If you fart at an american militant, it's an act of war and millions of dead is just collatoral damage.

America is the only terrorist outfit in the world I worry about.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

We didn't declare war on Saudi Arabia after 9/11, we didn't declare war on Yemen after the U.S.S. Cole bombing and we didn't declare war on Oklahoma City after the Federal Building was bombed. LOL!

We understood that they were acts committed by criminals and not countries or states.

Yes, we declared a War on Terror.
The Saudi govt cooperated with us in the War on Terror
The Yemeni govt cooperated with us in the War on Terror
The Pakistani govt cooperated with us in the War on Terror
The new Iraq govt cooperated with us in the War on Terror
The new Afghan govt cooperated with us in the War on Terror

What were you laughing at again?
Was it your sides denial that there is such a thing as a War on Terror?

The War on Terror continues. Obama has empowered the Radical Islamists and they

are ready for battle. The Muslim Brotherhood is ready to strike again.

Obama is helpless.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

Quite clearly I'm amused at your unyielding partisanship, that you typed that we "get hit" when liberals are in charge...the day after 9/11 when thousands were killed on the GOP watch.

It's surreal.

Our embassies are under attack. The next attack is on the way.

Apparently, the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't care about the Obama election in November.

They played Obama for a fool.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by VeniVidi
IMO there should be an immediate Military retaliation. No US Ambassador has been murdered since 1978, and our President should show the World that murdering our Ambassadors will have serious and severe repercussions.
Yes, revenge is just great isn't it.

is there any wonder that most of the world sees the USA as a massive terrorist.

Blood lust. That's what you're talking about, and it's just as deplorable as the act which has been carried out today. With this line of thought, this makes you the same, if not worse, than those who have carried out this attack. Bravo. Go USA *pounds chest and drools*

Peace comes through strength.

When?

Recently? All the recent shows of strength by superpowers have ended in catastrophe, no?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All this over a fricking movie, and a satire? Explosions, dead bodies, and mayhem! I am sorry, but our President and his administration have a lot of explaining to do. This incident happened in the very country that the US along their NATO allies assisted local rebels as they toppled the regime of Muammar Gaddafi, and these very fanatics were fighting with the help of air support, material assistance, and political support.

They go off and set alight the US embassy and kill embassy personnel? The embassy officials, or US have nothing to do with a provacative movie made by a private citizen. This is an insult to the highest degree, and I am literally disgusted! Call it blowback, false flags, evil bankers, or whatever. I do not care about the petty semantics or apathetic gobbly gook. Now is the time for accountability, and too right wrongs. The President's Middle Eastern foreign policy is absolutely abhorrent, and we are seeing why with the incidents in Libya and Egypt. Can't talk to these fundamentalists, negotiate deals, or initiate an appeasement plan. They will not cooperate.

Under international law, the host government is bound to protect a foreign country's embassy and employees. The textbook response of condemnation and outrage is not going to work this time. Hallow words are useless if they are not backed-up by action. Bold action needs to be taken, and as soon as possible. A tough diplomatic stance is in order. Like economic sanctions, indefinite suspension to aid, and other endeavors to isolate these govenments. Speak softly, but carry a big stick! No excuse for this behavior, none!
edit on 12-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, his high paying job came with some risk. I can't say I am surprised that there were going to be deaths associated with this.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation

When?

Recently? All the recent shows of strength by superpowers have ended in catastrophe, no?

I don't believe that's the case. When strength was shown, like in the first wave of attacks in Iraq, everything calmed down and seemed under control.

It was only when doubts started to emerge, and questionable actions were discovered, that a true opposition started to gain strength. After that, in my opinion, it was a game of friction, using small - but morally devastating - attacks.

If you look at recent History, all the attacks being made against the West are camouflaged inside the people who we're supposed to protect.

That is happening because the U.S. - contrary to what many people claim - has been calm in their foreign actions. There isn't any active presence in Iraq, and there isn't any constant action in Afghanistan. We shouldn't be there in the first place, in my opinion, but we can't turn back time. The best thing to be done now is to draw lines in the sand and state very clearly "this line will not be crossed". And that line is a global statement that violence and acts of terror are not acceptable by any reasonable nation with a solid spine and moral standards.

If the people responsible for these acts of violence would be shown that their inhumane actions would be severely punished, then they would be forced to seek negotiations and peace resolutions. They would be forced to talk instead of attack because they would know it would bring them pain, and that it would be futile to even attempt a violent resolution.

If people would unite for peace, with the concept that force is sometimes necessary, then these kind of violent people wouldn't even have the chance to use pain and suffering as an excuse to carry on their religious/political/national agendas.

All this, is my opinion.
edit on 12-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If these imbecilic "leaders" of the planet would just go away. Go away and live in a cave and grow 5 or 6 foot scraggly beards, (facetious but I don't care) Quit the hate propaganda and the hate mongering between the different cultures and races that live on this planet. Quit with the BS they spew out everyday. Pitting people (human beings) against people for NO REASON OTHER THAN POWER AND CONTROL AND MONEY MONEY MONEY the planet would be in much more harmony and peace.

According the the potential "beard growing cave dwellers" we all hate each other. That is not true. The reason we (Americans) are hated is because of he lies and large bird crap that utters forth when their lips flap.

And people BELIEVE it. I hate no one in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, wherever. Unless they give me a sound reason to dislike them immensely.

UGH it pisses me off to no end the BS that goes on.

Effing idiotic bird turds.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
For all the big talk, what happened to investigations and fair trial?

Why the push for punishment when investigations are not yet conducted?

Why the hurry? So that no investigations be carried out, evidences suppressed, as man kill man while the puppet master and his bootlickers cheer each other on their good job upon the emotionallly driven sheeps?

Wake up. Its 2012 now, not 7th century.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
if i hadn't read about this online before watching the msm reports i could swear i'd miss they actually killed the ambassador, because all i heard them talk about was repercussions.

you know the facts hardly matter these days, what matters is how you can make the general public perceive said facts.

but i don't think this will be a franz ferdinand...

bonus points: at least lybia made the front page again.
and yet again that old beaten script...
topple so called dictators and regimes previously installed, and act surprised when things not only go well, they go worse. what a surprise!

edit on 12-9-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Tragic..if there are any gamers in this thread who play EVE Online, you should know that the US ambassador who was killed was VileRat(in game name), a nullsec vet and diplo. Was instrumental in bringing down BoB. o7 VR..(some of that won't make sense unless you play EVE).

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Obama is helpless.

That's only if you think he isn't in on it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Apparently, the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't care about the Obama election in November.

They might miss all of that money he has been funneling to them if Romney is elected.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

They might miss all of that money he has been funneling to them if Romney is elected.

Well yea, our dear leaders are giving money and arms to all these nation that hate one nation, enter Russia and China,

Sounds like Satan is alive and well.
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I heard the Mighty Muslim Brotherhood got over 1 Billion U.S. taxpayer dollars in Egypt.

They are now well funded and ready for battle.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Was this Libyan embassy built out of cardboard?

Umm...it is an American Embassy...in LIBYA...I would build that place with 4 foot concrete walls and a Saferoom with a tunnel to an escape building a block away.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Lots of red-herring as usual!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Im not sure if any one has posted up pics yet, but this is a horrible situation going on right now.... we should not be involved in other peoples and other countries affairs... Damn just let them sort it out themselves... protect this country first... we have gangs and drugs.... they are the true homeland security threat to u and me and our familys! for Christ sake!

www.facebook.com...

Link is to a pic of J. Christopher Stevens,

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join