It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 10
46
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JValhalla
Any one watch the live feed and here the last question that a Reporter shouted.

Is this a act of war?


yes heard that, and i must say, although its hard to point the finger, the violence against embassies and their personnel must stop. If this happened in the 19th or early 20th century this would have been war..




posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Golf66
 


Of course Obama should be criticized...

However there is a time and place for everything. You dont criticise the President in a situation like this in the manner Romney did.


We can agree to disagree. If there were a moment of silence or day of reflection or during the guys funeral or something I'd be with you.

However, the best time to strike is when the iron is hot - I think you know that America is hardly "unified" especially now.

The POTUS is an utter failure at foreign policy - pointing it out is not a real revelation to most of us.

If he can use the shock of the event in combination with the rebuke to ingrain the cause = effect relationship in some who until now were still sucking at the Obama fountain of stupid - then more power to him.

If the shoe were on the other foot the media would be all over a Republican POTUS for his decisions and the cause = effect relationship. Romney has to speak for himself since he doesn't have the benefit of MSM on his side.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
So.....of course Obama should be criticized.....but not when it does political damage to Obama.

Mitt Romney should keep quiet until after the election in November ???


Let me put it this way...

Do not use the death of Americans for the sole purpose of political expediency - regardless of political affiliation.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)


There is no way to hide the truth. -- Egypt & Libya -- are a mess.

Denial is no way to go through life my friend.

Obamas weakness has blown up on September 11, 2012.

The Radical Islamists are in charge and this happened on Obamas watch.

Our State department officials have been murdered in Libya.

The - reset button thingy- has failed. What will the empowered - Radical Islamists - do next?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


How is it an act of war if it was not coordinated or executed by the Libyan government? It's criminal. It's terroristic... but it's not an act of war.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by reficul
 


I guess then it's OK for Christians, Jews and almost every other religious group out there to go kill people then? Seeing that each of their prophets and gods have been mocked at one point or another?

I hope you realize how stupid you sound. Firstly, no one else acts this way in this day and age. We've all grown except for Islam.

Judaism is in 2012.
Christianity is in 2012.
Islam is in 1202.



That's bull. If someone made a video showing Jesus in the same light as this video did Muhmamad it would be pulled off youtube. Anything that questions Israel is already widely censored throughout the entire internet. No see you play by the rules unless you're the red headed step child.


You're changing the goal posts. Pulling something off youtube is not even in the same league as going around killing.

I'll give you a real-life comparable example. The movie, 'The Last Temptation of Christ' was extremely controversial and is considered blasphemous from a Christian perspective. Plenty of people protested the movie and convinced some cinema chains to not show it. It still was in the cinemas. Some countries did bann it, but nobody went around trying to kill Martin Scorsese, David Bowie, or the author or the novel, Niko Kazantzakis.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Golf66
 


Of course Obama should be criticized...

However there is a time and place for everything. You dont criticise the President in a situation like this in the manner Romney did.


We can agree to disagree. If there were a moment of silence or day of reflection or during the guys funeral or something I'd be with you.

However, the best time to strike is when the iron is hot - I think you know that America is hardly "unified" especially now.

The POTUS is an utter failure at foreign policy - pointing it out is not a real revelation to most of us.

If he can use the shock of the event in combination with the rebuke to ingrain the cause = effect relationship in some who until now were still sucking at the Obama fountain of stupid - then more power to him.

If the shoe were on the other foot the media would be all over a Republican POTUS for his decisions and the cause = effect relationship. Romney has to speak for himself since he doesn't have the benefit of MSM on his side.



Oh yes! If President John McCain was in office right now, MSNBC , CNN and the

New York Times would be shouting from the rooftops!

- Okay, go ahead and criticize but wait 72 hours. Yeah right! -



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Geez, step away from the party line for one minute...

Did you hear Obama's speech just now? He said "justice would be done". Considering he bagged Bin Laden ( or faked it real good LOL!) I kind of beleive him.

It's soooo unseemly and arrogant how people are making this about U.S. domestic politics, it's a freaking international situation with a lot of players and, at the very least, the U.S. needs to show a united front.

Of course we sadly haven't been the UNITED States since 2008...


Acts of War are not mere crimes to be policed.

This goes hand in hand with the Left's position that there is no war on terror and that it is only an international police matter.

You must be young if you think 2008 is some magic year where the nations opinions were divided.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
No, this ongoing situation shows exactly why he has no business being POTUS in the real world, only in make believe liberal utopia world.
I agree...


Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Romney is attracted to what Obama shies away from, responsibility, and it shows the clear contrast in this situation.
I agree....


Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Confronting the President is his responsibility.

Eehh.. not quite...

- 2 things

* - There is a time and place for everything, and choosing to do it at the time, place and in the manner Romney did is irresponsible to say the least.

President Obama is dealing with an issue that is a matter of State...
Gov. Romney is dealing with the same situation as a matter of politics.

As for confronting the President it is something Romney should do - at a later time though.

Finally the responsibility to confront the President is first and foremost the job of the American people.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


No, just the year the GOP became paranoid obstructionists. I say that as someone who voted for George Bush twice.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto
 


Someone said that "war" is the continuation of politics but with other means. What we see here like in many other cases is "terrorism" - the continuation of "war" with other means. I am sure, Stiletto, you know what I mean. Tragic day when the Prince was written!



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


It could also be argued that Romney's severe lack of decorum and judgment in this matter (just like the at the London Olympics) is exactly why he is not fit to be President.

It cuts both ways...
edit on 9/12/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul
 


After four people at a us embassy are murdered because of a stupid youtube video you should do nothing but keep your mouth shut if all you can do is support their cause. May god have mercy on you.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


I say that as someone who voted for George Bush twice.


How on earth you vote twice for Bush
?

And what happened to Hillary ? She is totally changed , looks more older and her eyes are different, i will start beleiving in clones



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


How is it an act of war if it was not coordinated or executed by the Libyan government? It's criminal. It's terroristic... but it's not an act of war.


You proved my previous point.

The nation it happened in should be pressured to the extreme with crippling sanctions embargos and blockades till the matter corrects itself by the offending nation producing the perpetrators and the threat of all out annihilation for retaliation to those steps should loom highly. Any escalation from those justifiable steps would be all out war with the responsibility for it solely on the offending nations shoulders where the US ambassador was murdered. If they can depose Ghadaffi they can get anyone they go after in their own country.

How is that for a start?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
No, this ongoing situation shows exactly why he has no business being POTUS in the real world, only in make believe liberal utopia world.
I agree...


Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Romney is attracted to what Obama shies away from, responsibility, and it shows the clear contrast in this situation.
I agree....


Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Confronting the President is his responsibility.

Eehh.. not quite...

- 2 things

* - There is a time and place for everything, and choosing to do it at the time, place and in the manner Romney did is irresponsible to say the least.

President Obama is dealing with an issue that is a matter of State...
Gov. Romney is dealing with the same situation as a matter of politics.

As for confronting the President it is something Romney should do - at a later time though.

Finally the responsibility to confront the President is first and foremost the job of the American people.


If President John McCain was in office right now, your - time and place- position would

go right out the window. - MSNBC & CNN would be blasting President McCain-
---------

Gov. Romney is dealing with this situation as a matter of politics?

Our state department official and his staff were murdered in Libya!

Wake up!

This happened on Obamas watch. He must be held accountable.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I say roll out the nukes.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Have you heard of Saudi Arabia?



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
US Marines Deployed

Looks like we're sending in the boys to atleast secure the place, thank god!



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


It could also be argued that Romney's severe lack of decorum and judgment in this matter (just like the at the London Olympics) is exactly why he is not fit to be President.

It cuts both ways...
edit on 9/12/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)


Be honest. What kind of - decorum and judgment- would we see from MSNBC and CNN if

President John McCain was in charge?

The New York Times would blast burned embassy cars on the front page for the next

2 months and you know it.

Your high minded indignation is a joke.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Have you heard of Saudi Arabia?


Yes they are staunch allies and would have the perpetrators hanging from lampposts by now if it happened in their country.

What's your point?



new topics

top topics



 
46
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join