It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A big earthquake MIGHT soon hit California. (changed the title not make more people cry. )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Always going to be a big earthquake around the corner somewhere, and i'm sure California has one with it's name on it at some point that will make a 9.0 look like a 1.0. That being said sulfur smell could indicate volcanic activity. I wonder what the odds are that a new volcano could go active in California?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

who knows...stop the balsphemy video/film making....might stop the earthquakes

haha i jest of course...thats the reason for tornados.....lololol

peace

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Sulfur (rotten eggs) smell is definately not good news.
It's indicative of something else,(I explain in different communication U2U, didn't read alot of the other replies, so, I don't know if anyone else expanded upon this) there but hardly spoken about,. Good work in connecting the dots though. Whatever happens, I hope it doesn't happen, not for another millions of years. Star and Flag

edit on 13-9-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change/typo

edit on 13-9-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, 'Thank God, I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.
Barbara Boxer

I think we should just say HMMMMMMM and note it in the brain. war game what we should do if it should happen. check the flashlight batteries, our bug out bag and get out towel around our shoulders and we 'll be ready for anything. ref: HHGTTU

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Good research on previous quakes. Misleading on everything else...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Or maybe it's the Salton Sea and fish die-offs that they stated in the article?

It's not bad to be prepared for an earthquake, but why do you think it's an earthquake over the Salton Sea?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
If I had $10 for every *the big one is coming to California* thread posted here since January 2012...I could retire now.....

Des

Same here. When I was living there, every single year the local news ran documentaries about the big one coming. But I do enjoy prediction threads, which is why I come to ATS lol

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Info from around the net and other locations.

For the scientific minded:

1) Check out the CA Fault Map.....note where the San Andreas is in So. CA.....its way inland.
www.data.scec.org...

Just found a clearer map of the SA fault line for Ca:
geology.com...

Here's another one that also clearly shows the San Jacinto fault line west of the Salton Sea. San Adreas fault line runs west of the Salton Sea.
Very long Google link

2) Check out WHERE the fault venting was observed on Friday......on the major faults surrounding the Salton Sea:
www.youtube.com...

3) Now check the Map on this youtube, where people from all over So. CA reported smelling the strong sulfur rotten eggy smell. Note that they cluster along the San Andreas fault line!
www.youtube.com...

The locked San Andreas fault is on the move, folks.

Since strong odors are also reported in Santa Cruz along the San Andreas fault there, (could be other places between LA and Santa Cruz, but people aren't reporting it, not realizing its significance) and the San Andreas in So. CA, the whole state should be on alert. We may well be talking about multiple quakes that are sizable.

www.rumormillnews.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

chrisinmaryville.net...
edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because:

Since we can't figure out geology, plate techtonics, or seismology, it makes perfect sense that we should shift to smellology.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lipulove

Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, 'Thank God, I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.
Barbara Boxer

I think we should just say HMMMMMMM and note it in the brain. war game what we should do if it should happen. check the flashlight batteries, our bug out bag and get out towel around our shoulders and we 'll be ready for anything. ref: HHGTTU

Stay away from the Marina district for sure. It WILL become soup.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

It's not bad to be prepared for an earthquake, but why do you think it's an earthquake over the Salton Sea?

Look at the map and see the faults. It's all based on predictive hypothises; with caluculations based on emperical evidence (data). I could go on in much more detail, but I won't because you won't listen anyway. I just hope you are not married with children.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Barbara Boxer

You're in the middle of the city. Where you think you are going to bug out to? My assessment is, you're dead within 48 hours. Sorry, just my professional opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Barbara Boxer

And if the power is out for six months?

You're in the middle of the city. Where you think you are going to bug out to? My assessment is, you're dead within 48 hours. Sorry, just my professional opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You are one of those I will have to shoot to keep out of my house.

I'll be even more profient since I will have already done this by fending off the neighbors with kids. (They will be the most desperate).

It's unprepared people like you that devolve into the maurading bandits. Thanks in advance for that.

But, in order to gain access to my stuff, amoung other things, you will have to circumnavigate around in the neighborhood of 7,000 rounds, not to mention all the other defenses.

So, go ahead, laugh at preps. But I'd write a will at the same time. Assuming there will be somethong to enforce it in the end.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I live in Southern California --The San Fernando Valley-- and I can attest to the fact it really HAS been smelling foully.

For the past week or so, I'll sleep in until around 10 AM and get woken up by a putrid, disgusting smell.
Nothing in the house - I'll walk outside and it'll smell just as bad.
My girlfriend was in school on Monday and said it smelled awful all day long and that it's been lingering around certain areas of LA for a bit.

At times I'll be sitting on the computer and the smell will make its way into the room; sometimes less foul than in other situations.

I do occasionally feel very, very small earthquakes.
I feel them a lot more when I'm lying down. (Because I'm stationary, obviously.)
But really, they have been a bit more frequent.

Not saying any of this will result in some massive earthquake; just stating what my experiences with this have been.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
since California has been having these small quakes, doesnt that release the pressure of the plates? making "the big one" less likely sooner than later

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo

Original Title : A big earthquake will soon hit California.

This is not based on dreams or visions but on facts.

Of course i am not 100% sure that this will happen, it is just an assumption based on the fact that

people across south California have been reporting a smell of rotten egg across the state. Rotten eggs aka Sulfur.

Story is here :

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now, in the 1755 Lisbon earthquake people had too been reporting a massive smell of rotten eggs couple of days before the earthquake. Same thing for the 1811 Madrid earthquake and the earthquake in Jamaica in 1692. Conception in 1835, New England 1727, Lima 1865.

Add to that all the small earthquakes that have been hitting the region and i think these are all precursors to one huge earthquake.

I am in no way a medium but if these dots really connect then i expect something big to happen this week.

Also i do not know much about earthquake and do not claim to see in the future, if anyone can refute my theory i would greatly appreciate it since i do not wish for anyone in California to be hurt.
edit on 12-9-2012 by ExNihilo because: (no reason given)

The "ROTTEN EGG" smell is H2S release from inside the ground. Often found in area's where drilling for Oil and Natural Gas has taken place, if it comes up out of the ground from Earthquakes, it means that there are huge pockets of it down in the ground along fault lines or near them. Its very dangerous and DEADLY to inhale those gases close to the source of it without proper protection on *GAS MASKS*.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ok Berfore AnyBody Takes this Date, I Assume September 22... Hopefully I'm wrong!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by grahag

Look at the map and see the faults. It's all based on predictive hypothises; with caluculations based on emperical evidence (data). I could go on in much more detail, but I won't because you won't listen anyway. I just hope you are not married with children.

I would prefer more detail. What makes YOU so sure that it's plate tectonics rather than decomposition? There have been numerous cited cases of this smell coming from decomposition... Many more than right before big earthquakes. Why would you play the part of chicken little instead of someone more rational?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Does the Gulf of CA count???

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 23:45:26 UTC
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 05:45:26 PM at epicenter
Depth
10.1 km (6.3 miles)
Region
GULF OF CALIFORNIA
Distances
75 km (47 miles) N (11°) from La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
154 km (96 miles) E (98°) from Constitución, Baja California Sur, Mexico
155 km (96 miles) SW (220°) from Ahome, Sinaloa, Mexico
1086 km (675 miles) SE (140°) from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 13.7 km (8.5 miles); depth +/- 1.9 km (1.2 miles)
Parameters
NST=441, Nph=441, Dmin=470.9 km, Rmss=1.12 sec, Gp= 68°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=A
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc000cw0l

Source

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Will happen at September 27 2012 6:02pm pacific time.
..............wtf

I just had that date and time flash in my mind and i really hope its for something else

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: this year
I wish! This would be the best thing to happen to california in a longtime! Shake those mexicans outta here!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join