It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Netenyahu asking for meeting with the President over the Iran situation.....he says no, and ch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't care what your position on the President is, or Israel v Iran:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! We stand on the potential of a major regional (and perhaps World) War III) and the "president" determines that his schedule is too full to meet with a head of state but will appear on Letterman????? (I put president in quotes not as a hit towards "birthers" or anything, just that him saying "no" to the meeting seems like dereliction of duty to me...it's his JOB to meet with heads of state that request, particularly one that is supposiedly and ally).

www.breitbart.com...

So many questions about this:

1) Is he WANTING to push the IDF into a strike?? If so is it to snub them or join them???
2) Is he (and or his staff) that complacent? Are they so worried about the political situation that they are too impotent to do anything until the election.
3) Is he washing his hands and feet of it? Is he privately pulling for Iran??

He is the leader of the free world and a Prime Minister in the region is asking to talk to him, and he snubs him.....
How is that Presedential?? How is this guy leading in the polls....oh, because he is "cool" and on Letterman??? UGH

And on a second note, we have had two embassey's/consulates attacked and it seems like it is barely making the news. (Note: just checked looks like it the Cairo is getting some coverage).

10/20 years ago (heck 5 years ago) one would think that this would be running practically 24 hours. It's like all of us here what's going on, but few others do......

It's crazy, absolutely crazy......

edit on 12-9-2012 by SrWingCommander because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
How do we have the potential to be in a regional or world war if we choose not to participate in it? Who is going to launch an attack on us if we don't do anything?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
More of a long arm approach to it all.
Kind of like when I'm playing fetch with my dog.
I hold the ball,wait ,wait I'm going to throw it,then fake a throw.
You know what I mean.
I think it's all a political ploy by Netanyahu to get oh buddy Romney in the White House.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Who is going to launch an attack on us if we don't do anything?

Exactly,who is going to come at us .
Let them keep they're wars over there.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
lol, Obama hates him. He probably tries to boss him around.

We aren't Israels slave colony, let them deal with their own issues, they're the ones pressing for war with Iran. I'm glad Obama turned him down.

Romney the Zionist would bend over backwards for Israel, we don't need that...at all.

edit on 12-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If Israel hits Iran, whether the US helps or not, the Iranians will almost certainly view it that way. They will attempt to do the following.

1. Retaliate against the US fleet in the gulf/IO. So US forces will be fighting, even if it's just for self defense.
2. Close or restrict the straits of hormuz....gas will go up, dollar down, increased economic strife the world over.
3. Probably terrorist hits in the US and Euorpe.

We will be involved. Again it doesn't really matter what "side" you support. We are going to be in a pickle.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Romney the Zionist would bend over backwards for Israel,

You are wrong buddy...Romney would bend over frontwards, ankle grab style, for "israel"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Priorities man, priorities

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
First good decision "Obozo" ever made.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I wonder if Obama would be blowing off the last fleeting chances to derail this whole train or make peace from the jaws of war if he had anyone he KNEW, let alone may be related to in Uniform and military service. Seems to me the men furthest removed from having seen war or violence as a personal experience are the quickest to lead us right into it at a 45 degree angle. Clinton was the exception to the rule when he 'just said no' to being suckered into a major conflict in Somalia. God knows I was among those calling him weak and a wimp for pulling out after we got our butts kicked in the Battle of Mogadishu, but in hindsight, he may have saved untold numbers of American lives.

Obama doesn't want peace...he needs and WANTS this war as much as anyone. The economy sucks, unemployment sucks and his approval rating sucks..with venues he's regularly having trouble filling. These aren't good signs a little over 2 months from a pivotal election.

He just needs this on White House timelines and done the White House way for maximum political impact. I think THAT is the main point Israel is going ape over. This isn't political for them. The literal lives of over 7 million Israeli Jews and Arabs alike rest on this coming out right.....for Obama? I think he sees it as a political problem first and a HUMAN problem as a distant second. It's not in America..and we put up with Libya just fine, so he's encouraged to take it to the goal post.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
How do we have the potential to be in a regional or world war if we choose not to participate in it? Who is going to launch an attack on us if we don't do anything?

Not doing anything is a sign of weakness in the Jihadists eyes.

That won't play out to well. They favor a strong horse after all.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Come on now, everybody knows we, the U.S. are the real trouble makers of the world
I'm surprised we haven't been blamed for the first war between cave tribes hundreds of thousands of years ago..It's ALWAYS our fault...We openly armed the Grognak tribe with sticks and secretly armed the Molog tribe with rocks
edit on 12-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Its funny how peoples hate towards one nation or another blinds them to the fact that by doing things like this just makes issues worse and undermines the seriousness of the problem.

Obama can snub him all he wants- but how is that going to change things for the better?

Wheres all this diplomacy Obama speaks of?

No matter which side you think is right or wrong..this is not very diplomatic.

Obama belongs on a golf course- not in the Oval Office.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Obama can't make a move and shouldn't... The majority of Americans don't want another war. You can't afford it, both economically and morally.

But... having said that, America will continue to be America, an imperialistic capitalistic institution and therefore Obama is doing one of two things:

A. He's saving face by looking as determined to find a peaceful solution as possible, making him appear more pleasing than if he was to go out and declare an outright war on Iran > Better election results.

or

B. He is indeed washing his hands, appearing to be a man of peace and waiting until a false flag has been carried out or the psychopath Netanyahu makes the first move.

I really wish there was a C option which would be that Obama simply doesn't like Netanyahu and don't want to support him, but with a congress like that in America, that's just an utopic idea.

Why is it America keeps thinking that you need to be friends with Israel? Israel has nothing to give you other than more wars and hate. Release yourself from their grasp... don't let them continue to control your country and the way it's run..........

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Look Netenyahu already made his feelings known and has stated that diplomacy has failed, where would his conversation with Obama actually go? Netenyahu: We have to strike Iran now Obama: No we don't our intelligence has told us they are no threat... Netenyahu: Your intelligence is wrong, you are an anti-semite and so is America Strike Iran now!!! Obama: Can we talk of some peace treaty Netenyahu: I don't want peace! I want war! and I want your people to fight it!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
They had a little chat on the phone tonight. An hour long chat.

I believe it's on breakingnews.com under "White House: Pres. Obama and Israeli PM Netanyahu spoke for an hour tonight 'as part of their ongoing consultations' on Iran, security -"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

We could transplant America and ALL Americans to Pluto and some how, some way we would still get the blame for this...So i don't think it really matters how much we try to distance our self's from that situation..If we help them we are "dirty jew lovers".. If we don't help them we are "anti-semitic a-holes"...We get F'ed either way..It's a lose-lose situation

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

As usual , the Forest is never seen on this Site, too many Damn Trees..

How many times has Obama met with this fool already?

He has stated that Benny is in Phone Contact with him EVERY DAY.

Obama has made it clear, many, many times that the US will seek every Option available first, before the US will consider a Military Option.

For those Warmongers saying this is a sign of weakness, try casting a Fishing Rod into the Strait of Hormuz without hitting a US Warship.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yeah... Obama is a real strong leader. His outstanding leadership in Egypt and Libya are just examples for the history books so future generations can admire such vision and spirit. You know, the scary thing is, I have no doubt they will eventually be written to read that way too.

However, at this hour on the 12th of September, 2012....I believe United States LEADERSHIP is the one thing the world won't find anywhere. They can look high, low and from the Jungles of Colombia and deserts of Mexico to the caves of Afghanistan and halls of power in Hanoi. Leadership is the one thing we haven't been projecting now for almost 4 years....and BAD leadership was what came for the better part of the 8 years before that.

I'd re-elect Bill Clinton at this point, if it meant getting that man OUT of the people's house. The world is on the eve of it's 3rd World War in 100 years....and our President is playing stupid little games about how many phone calls vs. the willingness to take an hour and meet face to face with one of the MAIN players in that World War that is building and could start soon. Just great..... I feel SO much better Obama got his logic points for the Political score board.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join